Its Halloween time at the Fort

@Boomer1 i kept looking for you in 1700. now I will spy you. I did think one coach could have been yours, will find out. We tend to walk the clover leafs at lunch and bedtime.

on a not so good note, my mom fell tonight. did something bad to her knee, had to call the ambulance. Right now we wait but we may be leaving on Saturday, not sure yet. Need to find out what is going on first.

I hope whisky gets to play with Briar. She had super fun tonight at the dog park. We go right after work about 5, in case Briar wants to play.

The small update on mom and unfortunately it is not great. She fractured her femur. The knee replacement is intact. The dr said she will need surgery and then a cast for 4 weeks and rehab. I am not sure how we are going to get through this.

Our new plan is to leave on Saturday and we are probably going to leave Friday afternoon to drive to GA. This will make the drive on Saturday easier. I am hoping if she does have surgery today and it goes well she would be in a hospital a few days and then they would send her to a rehab facility and not directly home. Though i am not sure how much rehab she can do with a cast.

Sorry Kris.

There are a number of us struggling with aging parents. It isn't easy. Hopefully surgery went well. A cast seems strange now days, but I guess it depends on where the break was. Hang in there.

j

I am going to wrap up this report. On Thursday we decided to keep our dinner reservation at Toledos at the Grand Destino Tower at Coronado resort. The place is very nice. Restaurant and bar were on the 16th floor so a wonderful view. The cocktails were good as was the food. We had a charcuterie board and octopus for an app, then scallops for me and hanger steak for Bert. There were only two issues. The first is the restaurant is loud. Second you really have to drive or Uber there. Disney transportation would add a lot of time. We would definitely go back though.

Friday was really a disaster. We did lots of things new that were not so brilliant. Not going to recap except to say we got out of Disney at 11:30 and drove all the way to storage. Traffic was a bit if a nightmare, though we got to storage at 8:50 pm. Still had a lot to do but on our way to the condo at 10:15. It was a long day but we got in.

this weekend we start the fun with mom. First thing we have to do is pick a few rehab facilities to try and get her in at. I expect her to move monday or Tuesday.

some final dog pics

horse carriage came by.

IMG_3036.jpeg

second favorite spot

IMG_3038.jpeg

Progress on the hole

IMG_3035.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter