Its my party- i'll wear minnie ears if i want to! PTR

Becgaz

Mouseketeer
I appreciate this is very early to be doing my PTR but we booked the ferry today and we're off to see disney on ice at the weekend so I'm filled with pixie dust and I can wait no longer!

This trip has all come as a surprise as my DH was being a grump and said we couldn't go but we got a call from my brother who lives in Ireland to say they had booked a trip 23rd- 27th march next year and how great would it be if we could all go together. This set him thinking and he changed his mind (yay!!) my mum and stepdad even decided they were going to come too!

My brother, his wife and his son are staying in the Cheyenne but my DH refused as "our" hotel is the sequoia lodge so we are staying there thanks to an amazing tip from some lovely DISers about booking on the Dutch site. We even managed to get a Golden Forest room for the same price as the Cheyenne is on the UK site. Bargain!

This will be our 3rd trip, our last visit was September 2012 but it ended up being quite stressful as our baby was only 7 months old and as we went on our own, getting on the rides was a bit of a faff, there was always somebody on a bench with the pram!

Here are a couple of pics from our last trip
a>

a>

a>

Sorry I think I put the wrong links in the pics!!

So on our last trip I was a chunky monkey and avoided the camera at all costs- we only had one with me on which was in cafe Mickey and it's horrendous, so it's safe to say that won't be seeing the light of day (and looking at it sent me straight to slimming world where I managed to lose 5 1/2 stone of my chunk!) so this time I will be pushing the kids out of the way to have my photo with Mickey!!

This trip is many celebrations rolled into one, my 30th is a few days before we go, my nephews birthday is they day after we arrive and my brothers birthday is the day we come home! My brother and his wife also got married this year so it's a bit of a mini-moon too!

Anyway how rude of me I haven't introduced us!

I'm Bec- 29 and lover of anything disney can throw at me!

My DH is Liam- 35, he is a closet disney lover!!

Here is a pic of us at my brothers wedding
image-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I seem to have run out of time and need to go to work! So I'll try and finish this when I get home. X

Sounds like a great trip :thumbsup2 Well done getting a good deal on the Dutch site, I got one too ::thumbsup2

And, well done for losing so much weight, you must feel fantastic :yay: And I know what it's like to avoid the camera....

Hello Trip Twin! It's never too early to start a PTR, mine is lingering around here too!

If your nephews birthday is the 24th, that's my birthday too! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sounds like a great trip :thumbsup2 Well done getting a good deal on the Dutch site, I got one too ::thumbsup2

And, well done for losing so much weight, you must feel fantastic :yay: And I know what it's like to avoid the camera....

I can't wait- the rest of the party aren't into the planning of it though so I'm going to have to secretly plan away and I'm sure they'll thank me for it when we get there!

Thank you, it's a work in progress, it's hard work bit I'm sure I'll get there one day. I do feel great thank you. X

Hello Trip Twin! It's never too early to start a PTR, mine is lingering around here too!

If your nephews birthday is the 24th, that's my birthday too! :)

Yes his birthday is the 24th! How strange! Just read your PTR- I wonder if any of the plans end up the same?? X

I'll have another go with our pics from our last trip!
63190012-4400-4B07-A133-575A64CDBC35-690-0000013F79162709.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

F11EB80B-862B-42DA-828E-y42590BD735E4-690-0000014297286590.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

66458DD7-F41B-4271-A9A2-0C482C755080-690-0000013EF99FDE5F.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]5AE55B8D8A91-690-00000141CBC988B4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I'll have another go with our pics from our last trip!
63190012-4400-4B07-A133-575A64CDBC35-690-0000013F79162709.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

F11EB80B-862B-42DA-828E-y42590BD735E4-690-0000014297286590.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

66458DD7-F41B-4271-A9A2-0C482C755080-690-0000013EF99FDE5F.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]5AE55B8D8A91-690-00000141CBC988B4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/IMG]

So our boys are Jake-9 who is a bit scared of his own shadow and quite likes the "happy" rides like small world, dumbo, and the labyrinth! We did manage to get him on space mountain but he was not a fan and I don't think he will ever trust us again! Haha

Max is 8 and a bit more of a daredevil, his favourite ride is rock n roller coaster, we had about 8 rides on it last trip! I managed to get him on TOT but I'm quite certain that won't be happening this trip!! Apparently he "almost died" :)

Zak will be 2 in January so will get a lot more out if this visit, he loves Mickey already (I may have encouraged that slightly!!)

So joining us will be my brother Ryan,He had recently had quite serious spinal surgery so will be the bag/ pushchair babysitter extraordinaire!
Lorraine my sister in law and nephew Cameron who turns 10 on our second day.

We're really excited to be spending quality time with my brother and his family as they live in Dublin and we only see them maybe twice a
Year. We have told the kids they are going but not that
Cameron will be there so this is going to be a massive surprise for them- they haven't seen him since the wedding in July.

My mum and stepdad are not particularly disney fans and are only coming to they
Can see this kids faces! I will convert them
Into disney lovers before we leave!! :)

We haven't made many plans yet- the others don't seem to think it is
Important, so I will have to secretly make all the plans- I'm sure they will be grateful when we're there!!
We have decided we will go to BBWWS on Cameron's birthday and I think they will come and have breakfast with us in the golden forest lounge in the morning so the kids see some characters.

I have a few "must do's"
Meeting sully- I have never seen him and he is my favourite!
Peter Pan- this was closed during our last trip and I was heartbroken!!
BTM-this was also closed last time
Crush's coaster- as I was a little chunky last time I didn't dare try and get on here as I was terrified I wouldn't get on so this time it's a must!
Lunch at hakuna matata- this was closed every time we went past (I'm not sure what was open last time actually!! ;) ) I NEED churros!
Descent of the stairs in DLH- I forgot all about this last time so is is a must do!
Last time we had dinner in Annette's and met Michael Buble, I was very nearly sick! So if disney could sort it out again I would be very pleased! ;)
I think that's about it for our plans so far- I'll add some more soon. X

You are doing great! Its hard to get the hang of writing these PTRs!

When you upload to photobucket, on the page that shows your pics all on the one page left click on the IMG thumbnail and copy and paste it in your post here.
It takes a bit of playing about with but don't be afraid of it - you'll get the better of it!
Looking forward to reading all about your trip. You have very handsome chaps, bet they are going to have an amazing time :banana:

Good on you losing all that weight. Just started back to WW last week and its a struggle already - bad day today, I made shortbread :(
Speaking of food!
Had a nice lunch in Hakuna Matata last year and would also recommend Pizza Outpost - we shared pizza and pasta and it was all yum! Any more must do's for your meals?

You have to try Crush - its brilliant. Just don't do it just after lunch!

Just catching up....sounds like a great trip! I am sure they will appreciate your planning efforts! Well done on the weight loss...always battling here too ;-).

Looking forward to reading along as your plans unfold!

Am I going mad or has half my PTR vanished?? I can see it on the website but not via the app!

Well we've had a pretty rough Christmas- our best friends lost their newborn baby so we've obviously not been thinking of much else.

But time goes so fast and we've now only 30 sleeps to go- 4 weeks tomorrow and we set off!
Our boys are bouncing off the walls and it's lovely to have something nice to focus on.

So I'm pretty gutted that thy added peter pans flight to the closures list, it was closed last time and I was so looking forward to going on it again.
Crushes coaster is also closed but I'm not quite as gutted about that.

We've not made loads of plans- we arrive on Sunday and leave on Thursday afternoon so we're definitely going to see the descent of the stairs in the DLH.
I only realised a couple of days ago when I was flicking through my Brit guide for the hundredth time that the only disney hotel I've set foot inside is the sequoia lodge! I plan to remedy this with a cocktail tour of the hotel bars while nanny and grandad babysit :)

I'm going to book our BBWWS tickets in the next day or so for the Monday which is my nephews birthday.

I really want to make the most of our first day as the park closes at 10pm so I'll get to do a few rides in the dark- I think BTM and teacups are a must in the dark and if I'm brave enough phantom manor! ;)

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure the plans will pick up a gear now!

:)

You are doing great! Its hard to get the hang of writing these PTRs! When you upload to photobucket, on the page that shows your pics all on the one page left click on the IMG thumbnail and copy and paste it in your post here. It takes a bit of playing about with but don't be afraid of it - you'll get the better of it! Looking forward to reading all about your trip. You have very handsome chaps, bet they are going to have an amazing time :banana: Good on you losing all that weight. Just started back to WW last week and its a struggle already - bad day today, I made shortbread :( Speaking of food! Had a nice lunch in Hakuna Matata last year and would also recommend Pizza Outpost - we shared pizza and pasta and it was all yum! Any more must do's for your meals? You have to try Crush - its brilliant. Just don't do it just after lunch!

I use the photobucket app so I think that's where I was getting confused! :)

Thank you- we think they are handsome to but we're probably biased!
Shame I won't be able to ride crush- I will one day again!

Just catching up....sounds like a great trip! I am sure they will appreciate your planning efforts! Well done on the weight loss...always battling here too ;-). Looking forward to reading along as your plans unfold!

I'm just going to make my plans and shepherd everybody around- they'll never know!
I'm struggling with the battle at the mo to be fair but I've joined a gym and started going to Zumba every week so hopefully it will cancel the chocolate out! ;) x

Oh it's very close for you now!

we went in March 2012 and had great weather so maybe you will too.

Becgaz said:
I'm just going to make my plans and shepherd everybody around- they'll never know!
I'm struggling with the battle at the mo to be fair but I've joined a gym and started going to Zumba every week so hopefully it will cancel the chocolate out! ;) x

It's hard! I joined piloxing and try to do 2 nights a week......it's making a difference already.......wish I didn't love my food so much lol

How's your planning coming along! Only 18 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter