It's The Magic That Can Happen When It's Autumn! - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Club Level

KATIEEEEEEEE!!! :banana:

I'm so excited that just a few weeks after my return to the DIS (after a LOOOOOOONG break!), you've returned, too! How fabulous!

I had a great time reading (and for the beginning, re-reading!) your newly completed 2015 TR. Your room and view at the Poly were awesome, I loved your adventures at the MNNSHP (especially your interactions with the Pooh gang!), and am so glad you enjoyed your "birthday" dinner at California Grill! What an amazing trip!

I'm excited to hear all about your 2016 adventures! I'm SUPER excited that you stayed at one of my favorite resorts - HOORAY for the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! :woohoo: I'm glad your 2015 resort visit may have influenced your decision to stay there! (Your love of Boma couldn't have hurt either, right?! ;) )

Congratulations on your new job, welcome back, and I can't wait for the next update! popcorn::

Joining! Love the report so far and Holy 3 weeks in Disney!! We've done 10 days and I SO want to do 2 weeks, but I think we have to wait until the kid graduate :rolleyes:
I'm really enjoying the CL lounge picks as we'll be staying AKL CL (first time CL) in August. DH and I have stayed there before but it will be our 2 DS's first time there. DH and I are also staying at Kidani in 2 weeks so yes, I love AKV/L :love:

I can't wait to read this report. I've loved your last 2!

Me and my partner are actually booked in your recommended seats on the flight there and back haha

Yay I'm glad you're back!
I have finally made an account so I'm not just creeping on everyones TRs now, I figured I had to since me and Karen are staring in this one :smooth:
Club level sounds so good, I think it's now on my bucket list. I love that the lounge looks over the lobby, I somehow had never noticed that all the times we've stayed there!
Really excited to see what you thought of Keys to the Kingdom, we've been wanting to do that for ages and are going to book it for when we go again in October :)

Looking forward to reading all about it. First in!!!!

Congrats on being first!! :rotfl: :welcome:

Excited to follow along! My family and our friends were at Jambo House September 16-20! We loved it :P

:welcome: Look out for yourself in the background of my photos! :laughing: How did you like AKL? I LOVED it, but we had a hard time with the buses so I'm not sure we'll stay again anytime soon.. we'll definitely visit for dinner or something though! :lovestruc Hope you had a great trip!

Joining In! I followed your last report and I'm happy to see you back! Every time I read Jamie's name I read it as "Hymie" now! I can't wait to hear how the trip went.

YAY :welcome: Hahaha I still call him Hymie IRL :laughing: He should just permanently change his name to Hymie at this point, it seems to be what everyone knows him as :rotfl:

Omg.... cannot wait.

th

Woooo me too! :welcome:

I'm here!:wave2: So excited to read more of this TR! And 3 weeks?! That sounds like HEAVEN!:goodvibes

Yay :welcome: glad you're here friend! 3 weeks was so nice and relaxed :lovestruc Now I have a loooong TR to write :laughing:

WOAH! I so envy people that can get up early, take a super long flight, land, and instantly hit the ground running. I cannot wait to read about THREE whole weeks of a Disney vacation. I stay there a week and I am ready to go home!

:laughing: Well I think we were on an initial adrenaline rush, but we crashed VERY early :laughing: I loved being there for 3 weeks, we took everything so steady and it was very relaxing, so thankfully we didn't long to go home at all! :goodvibes I would probably rather do multiple shorter trips per year, but because the flights from the UK are quite expensive, it makes more sense to just book one set of flights and a loooooong stay in between!

Holy quick updates Batman! I'm here, but proper responses I'll have to get to later. So excited to hear about this awesome trip!

No problemo friend!! :welcome: and glad you're here :goodvibes

Thanks for the laugh! Kermit cracked me up. That is just how I feel when I know I am going to Disney. 3 weeks in Disney..... how WONDERFUL. Is that enough time?

:welcome: Hahaha that's just how I feel too! Kermit is the best. I don't think I could ever put a limit on the amount of time I could spend at Disney, but 3 weeks was definitely sufficient! :laughing:

Gurl!!!!! I haven't even finished reading your new updates to your last TR and now a new TR?!

beeker-what-is-this-i-dont-even.gif

When you decided to update, you update! :laughing:

Not that I'm complaining :thumbsup2

Okay. Now I have to go and read you bazillion updates! :rotfl: Be right back! :tiptoe:

f4a5a7529154194f2b9be72452105aa3.gif

(But I will ;))

Bahahah I was a man on a mission! I know you've returned to comment, but I had to address this one too, because that Beaker gif is GREAT :hyper: :laughing:

Long time reader, never poster....but I'm happy you are back to posting. Love you reports!

Hey! :welcome: thanks so much for joining!! :goodvibes

Joining in! :wave: Can't wait to read all about your trip!

:welcome: and yaaay! I can't wait to write about it :goodvibes

8836546_orig.gif

Hey friend! So glad we're both back :banana::banana:

What?! I had no idea! :ssst:

:rotfl:

Like who??

tumblr_nq273rC2Oa1ql56ddo1_500.gif

Your gif game is still so perfect I love it :rotfl2: you are a gif genious

Hmmm....those people look familiar :scratchin

I don't know what you mean? I was seated next to some rando... :rolleyes:

THIS is why I'm really back on the DIS. I am gif deficient, please send more. Include John Stamos and Ryan Gosling too, it's for my health :sick:

Pfff. Amateurs!

giphy.gif

HAHA you really outdid us!! How did you find packing up and moving around? I would love to do your trip, but I think the most I'd get Jamie to agree to is 2 hotels/1 move :confused3

Jeremy Kyle awful? :eek:

Jermey Kyle is TV gold! ::yes::

Hahaha it's..

tumblr_mrsl7vehkB1sb1ur2o1_400.gif

...but when it's on I CAN'T LOOK AWAY :rotfl: is it real or fake?! I have no clue, I don't know where he finds those people :laughing:

But how cool would it be if it was ACTUALLY 8 cats out of 10 cats doing Countdown!

856a69d7-b907-475c-a5df-16315ee60ae9.gif

Who wouldn't watch that?!

OK, I would watch this :laughing:

Also 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown is hilarious!

:laughing: we love it!

source.gif

We didn't get a greeter either. I wonder if they have stopped doing that? :confused3

:confused3 it's weird because it could be any CM, it's not like they have to be particularly trained to look at an iPad, greet you off a bus, and walk you up to club level?

What?! We didn't get that!! :sad:

mad-men-gif-not-great-bob.gif

Oh no! Did you get a welcome note and box of chocolates in your room on your arrival day?!

:laughing: right, why would a childless couple want bunk beds?! When we can wait 45 minutes (it was actually no longer than 30) and get a normal room?! :confused:

dat jawline

Where is he these days?! I think he was in the new Kong film but I haven't seen it yet :confused3

There I am all caught up here! :thumbsup2 You're other TR is a totally different kettle of fish :earseek: That is a weird saying isn't it?

Wooo you are a true friend! :hug: I posted a ridiculous amount on the old TR so don't worry about it :rotfl: instead use the time to write more of yours plz!

Love your TR and can't wait to hear more! We're staying at AKV Kidani for the first time and we leave in a few weeks, so I'm especially enjoying the info and photos from AKL.

:welcome: !! Omg I hope you have a great time! We went over to Kidani a couple of times and loved it, the lobby smells so good :laughing:

I've read both of your other trip reports. So happy to read another.

Great start and the room is beautiful!

:welcome: yay thanks for joining the third! :goodvibes

YOU'RE BACK - WOOHOO!! I'm so excited to read about your trip - and also super impressed that you can remember the details well enough to write this TR months later!

I AM BACK! :cool1: :welcome: to the third report!! Haha well while I'm there I keep brief notes on my phone to help me remember when it comes to writing the TR :thumbsup2

Ooo I can't wait to hear how you like Universal. We've stayed at almost all the hotels at this point :rotfl:

I really enjoyed staying at Universal! I loved getting dinner on City Walk and wandering around at night :goodvibes We stayed at Portofino, have you stayed there?

Woah! That's so cool. I've never seen characters in the hotel.

Me neither! Although Mr Smee was a bit random?! They should stick to the animal theme I think :laughing:

I loved the firepit :lovestruc we stayed there in December and it was awesome.

Omg AKL at Christmas... :cloud9:

Ugh this sounds like Heaven!

Yessss it was so nice and chilled! :goodvibes

This is me with my boyfriend when he's at school studying and I want him to come play with the dog so I can study

Haha right! He kept replying like "I'm so tired, I'll come in an hour" aaand yeah, turned up at 9am :laughing:

I actually really love airplane food. Is that weird?

Haha no it can be good! Who do you usually fly with? Virgin always have pretty good food :goodvibes

AKL is the 1st Disney resort we stayed at so it holds such a special place in my heart, but I also got violently sick there (sorry TMI) so I have no desire to go back any time soon.

Jamie and I both actually got sick on this trip too! That's a shame that you don't want to go back. Maybe making some new memories there some time will bring back the magic :goodvibes

How cool that Br'er bear was walking around AKL when you arrived! What a nice little spot of magic:goodvibes
The AKL CL lounge looks so nice! All those yummy things you and Jamie had are making me hungry!::yes::
Your room is so nice and the view of the savannah is so pretty! And I love the pictures of the animals, especially the giraffes!:lovestruc

Super excited for more updates!
:jumping1:

A character from my favourite ride too! :lovestruc I don't think I've ever seen characters meeting in the hotel lobbies before?!
The CL lounge was really good! I think there was a lot more variety than at the Poly :goodvibes The animals were so cute! I had snapchatted a picture of the American flag at the airport, then pictures of giraffes saying "view from my hotel room" and people were like "where on earth are you??!!" :rotfl:

JAMBO! And :welcome:

Hi Katie - looking forward to reading along. Isn't staying at a hotel connected to the airport wonderful? No worry about getting up early, traffic, etc. Just get up and mosey on over.

Love AKL - 3 weeks sounds wonderful. We've stayed at Kidani for our trips and just love the relaxation vibe. The club lounge looks nice - fun to hang out and watch the activity below for awhile.

I was walking out of the local mall and this smell lured me back in to the A & F store - this is what my hubby wears now. I love it.

Hello! And :welcome:

Omg staying at the airport was so nice. We would usually get the train to the airport super early on the morning of our flight, but I've been on a bunch of trains that have just terminated in the middle of nowhere before, and I'm always anxious about this happening on Disney day...! Imagine missing your flight because you're sat on a broken down train :sad2: It felt so nice to be within walking distance :goodvibes

Loved Kidani when we went over there for dinner, the lobby smell is so goooood!

YAY for a new TR!!

View attachment 234815

3 weeks in WDW?! Sounds like heaven. Can't wait to read all about your magical adventures!!

Wooo :welcome: 3 weeks was lovely! Glad to have you here :goodvibes

Hands down my second favorite hotel on property! Its sooo pretty :lovestruc

You can't tell me this and not share your first favourite..!!

Oh boy.. Free dining AND club level?! They're going to have to roll you guys out of there on checkout day.

Free dining and club level was totally unnecessary :rotfl: SO MUCH FOOD.

I WANT ALLL THE PORK SLIDERSS!!

Me toooo :sad: I need to pluck up the courage to make them from my Food and Wine recipe book! It's quite complicated though, it wants you to make the brioche buns from scratch too :laughing:

I love staying onsite at Universal! Can't wait to see where you're staying!

Well since I've already mentioned it to a couple of others - we stayed at Portofino! Have you stayed there? We looooved it, it felt so classy princess:

Typical lol I feel like this is an every man thing not just Jamie.

Glad I'm not the only one dealing with this!!

That smell brings me right back to high school, but still smells delicious none the less!

Oh no is it a "high school smell" in America?! :laughing: It's a rarity here as I think they only sell it at the single Abercrombie store in London, so it's very uncommon. I discovered it in New York a few years ago and absolutely looove it :lovestruc

Oh, Br'er Bear strolling around AKL? NBD... :rotfl:

Casual :thumbsup2

Oh my god you're back!!!! I can't believe it! Missed ya sister friend! :hug:

giphy.gif

Can't wait to read alllllll about your trip!!! AKL looks amazing :lovestruc

Oh my December TR you asked about? Haven't started it yet :rotfl:But I suppose if you can do a TR from last Sept I can try to start my December one! You've inspired me to get mine going :thumbsup2

I only have about a zillion pictures I took, I suppose I can muster up a half decent TR :scratchin

I am definitely not the TR queen that you are! :worship:

Yaaaay! :cool1::cool1: Yes start your Christmas TR immediately please! And post it here for me so that I don't miss it :hyper: Hahah you'll have to sort through all those pictures though, I take so many that turn out blurry it takes me ages :laughing: worth it in the end though to have a collection of all the best ones :thumbsup2 ok sooo.. GO GO GO :teeth:

So glad you're back! Can't wait to read more of this as I'll be at both AKL (though not for three weeks or club level) and universal in just 2 short weeks. Looking forward to reading about what had to be an awesome trip!

Yay thanks I'm glad to be back too! :welcome: to the trip report! Woo that's so soon, have a great time! We loved AKL :cloud9:

Hidden Mickey!!! I'd say that bodes well for the rest of the trip!

Right! I didn't know if this was on purpose or not..?! Still a good sign :goodvibes

Not exactly Disney related... but! I am intrigued that your airline shows the Titanic resting place :scratchin.. I don't think I've ever seen that before!

BTW we were also in WDW at the same time and the weather was perfect, except for that day where the tropical storm formed over Florida and we had monsoon like rain for one day. I literally swam to FEA with my husband. He had soaking wet sneakers and socks (the worst, right? :eek:) and I looked at him, face deadpan, and was all, "We. Are. Not. Missing. This." as I ran through WS barefoot. Not my proudest moment but I did make it hahaha.

Haha others have pointed out the titanic too, it is odd isn't it?! I guess it's just the only interesting thing to point out on a long journey over the Atlantic :confused3

Omg YES, was this on the night of September 1st..?! We were watching Wishes and it was POURING down, it actually made it strangely magical! Although yes our feet were soaked, and the air conditioning on that bus ride home was just cruel :laughing: I love that you ran through WS barefoot :lmao: I'm imaging you like Pocahontas :laughing:

Pocahontas-Running.gif

Did you have a good trip, other than the rain?!
Yay, new TR!! I'm here and following along!:wave:

3 whole weeks at Disney World?! I can't even imagine! Although I unfortunately go into withdrawal after one week without my doggies so that won't ever happen for me. But I can live vicariously through you and your amazing stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Yay :welcome: glad you're here! Awww dogs are definitely more important, they are the best ::yes::

Great start to your trip!! Can't wait to follow along on another Katie and Hymie adventure! Funny aside, my cousin is also named Jamie and his nickname in high school was Hymie!!

:welcome: Haha that is amazing, I love the name Hymie (Jaime?!) now! :laughing:

View attachment 235174

How'd you get a pic of my husband? Mine does this EXACT same thing on Disney day. How do they not understand the importance of DISNEY DAY!! I can't drag my butt out of bed before 7:30 for work, but Disney day I am up at 5

WHY do they do this?! :confused3 :laughing:

NEW TRIP REPORT!!!!!

giphy.gif

Hahah woooo! :welcome: Glad you're here!

I'm so excited for this! You have the best reports :love:

Aww thanks so much!!! :welcome: I'm excited to share it with you :goodvibes

Great report so far!!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Following, I loved your last report! Can't wait to read about this trip. :)

Yay :welcome: So happy you enjoyed the last one, and glad you're here! :goodvibes

KATIEEEEEEEE!!! :banana:

I'm so excited that just a few weeks after my return to the DIS (after a LOOOOOOONG break!), you've returned, too! How fabulous!

I had a great time reading (and for the beginning, re-reading!) your newly completed 2015 TR. Your room and view at the Poly were awesome, I loved your adventures at the MNNSHP (especially your interactions with the Pooh gang!), and am so glad you enjoyed your "birthday" dinner at California Grill! What an amazing trip!

I'm excited to hear all about your 2016 adventures! I'm SUPER excited that you stayed at one of my favorite resorts - HOORAY for the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! :woohoo: I'm glad your 2015 resort visit may have influenced your decision to stay there! (Your love of Boma couldn't have hurt either, right?! ;) )

Congratulations on your new job, welcome back, and I can't wait for the next update! popcorn::

Jennyyyyyy :sad::lovestruc I missed you and your report! I'm so glad we're both back here :goodvibes Thanks for reading the HEAPS of updates on the last report, and I'm happy you enjoyed it :goodvibes omg yes we lovedddd AKL! The buses were difficult at times, but the resort itself was absolutely wonderful :lovestruc We love Boma, although Sanaa was definitely up there in the favourites this time! :cloud9:

Ok, now I'm here! I can't wait to read all about this 3-week trip! Three weeks at WDW and at AKL sounds like heaven. :lovestruc

Yay :welcome: glad you're here! 3 weeks was sooo nice and relaxing, and there was never any pressure to run about frantically, it was lovely :goodvibes we also loved AKL! Such a cool resort!

Just finished reading your last report. So excited to read this one!

Thank you and :welcome:!!

Joining! Love the report so far and Holy 3 weeks in Disney!! We've done 10 days and I SO want to do 2 weeks, but I think we have to wait until the kid graduate :rolleyes:
I'm really enjoying the CL lounge picks as we'll be staying AKL CL (first time CL) in August. DH and I have stayed there before but it will be our 2 DS's first time there. DH and I are also staying at Kidani in 2 weeks so yes, I love AKV/L :love:

Wooo :welcome:!! Aww I hope you get to do a longer trip to Disney sometime :goodvibes Wow Kidani in 2 weeks and AKL CL in August! So cool! How old are your sons? I bet little boys love this resort :goodvibes

This looks amazing! So excited to hear the rest!

:welcome: Thanks for reading!

I can't wait to read this report. I've loved your last 2!

Me and my partner are actually booked in your recommended seats on the flight there and back haha

:welcome:, and thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the first 2 :goodvibes hahaha yessss those seats are the best! Honestly anywhere where no one can kick my seat for 8 hours, and I'm happy :laughing: back row every time!

Yay I'm glad you're back!
I have finally made an account so I'm not just creeping on everyones TRs now, I figured I had to since me and Karen are staring in this one :smooth:
Club level sounds so good, I think it's now on my bucket list. I love that the lounge looks over the lobby, I somehow had never noticed that all the times we've stayed there!
Really excited to see what you thought of Keys to the Kingdom, we've been wanting to do that for ages and are going to book it for when we go again in October :)

Yay Rachel you made an account!! :cheer2: love it, and yes I met you on my first full Disney day, so you'll be starring in this TR very soon :cool2: so cool that you're going back in October :banana: what are your plans/where are you staying etc.?! Yes you should def do Keys to the Kingdom, by far one of the best Disney experiences I've ever had :hyper:

I'm so glad I got to meet you! :hug:

Glad you are back! I just finished your updates for the 2015 trip and can't wait to read all about the 2016 trip!

Haha you did well to get through the ridiculous amount of updates I posted to finish off the 2015 TR! :laughing: thanks so much for reading! And :welcome: to the new one! Glad you're here :goodvibes

Yay Rachel you made an account!! :cheer2: love it, and yes I met you on my first full Disney day, so you'll be starring in this TR very soon :cool2: so cool that you're going back in October :banana: what are your plans/where are you staying etc.?! Yes you should def do Keys to the Kingdom, by far one of the best Disney experiences I've ever had :hyper:

I'm so glad I got to meet you! :hug:

Looking forward to reading it all, still so jealous you got 3 weeks there. It was very sad knowing we only had a couple of days left and you guys had 3 weeks! We're staying in Old Key West again with our parents but me and Karen have a couple of days in AKL :banana: We were going to try somewhere new of the few days but it felt weird not going to AKL so we ended up booking there. We go for the Halloween/Christmas changeover so planning to do both parties and the wine and dine run. Just booked our ADRs last week so the countdown has begun :woohoo: That's so good to hear I'm so excited to do it, I've wanted to for so long but we never had time to fit it in.. plus I was a little worried it might ruin some of the magic but it sounds like it didn't for you! It was so nice meeting you, I hope Cogsworth is doing well and made it back in one piece :rotfl:

Wow, tough crowd.

DISers are notoriously cranky and hard to please.

My name is Katie and I’ll be your skipper, your guide, your swim instructor, your ghost host, etc etc etc, but most importantly, your storyteller.

We get to go swimming too??? Yay!!!

In September 2016 Jamie and I went to Walt Disney World for 3 WHOLE WEEKS.

Hah! I can beat that! I was there for four!!!!

Wait.... mine was four days.

nevermind.

We stayed at
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE – JAMBO HOUSE!
In a savannah view room, with club level access!

Very nice!

* Our first time with free dining, so lots of new restaurants! *

Love free dining and not getting that giant bill at the end of the stay.

* Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! *
* Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival! *
* Universal overnight stay! *
* Keys to the Kingdom tour! *
* Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue! *
* Starlight Safari at AKL! *
* Meeting Dis-ers and Instagrammers! *

Lots of cool stuff!

Looks oddly familiar. Is that pulley-ed pork?

Holy smokes!

Very cute shot!

WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY!

giphy.gif

I wish you could show some enthusiasm once in a while. Sheesh.

As much as I enjoy my boyfriend being at a festival where people are routinely stabbed and attacked,

:laughing:

So...... he's insured, is he?

I messaged Jamie on Monday morning bugging him to come home.
…and again at lunchtime…
…and again mid afternoon…
…and again late afternoon…
…and again in the evening…

Always nice to see a woman who doesn't nag.
At all.
Not even a little bit.

He eventually finished up his final bromancing and I picked him up from the station at 9pm.
9pm.
When we leave tomorrow lunchtime, and he still has all of his packing to do.

Meh. He only has one small bag to pack.

Pretty.

He said he kept hearing about the new Star Wars stuff and was really eager to see it.
Me too, Mr. Exchange man!

:laughing: You're trip started early!

None of those bags are Jamie's. Too big.

What are you holding????

When one bed just isn't enough...

I’d emailed earlier in the week asking for an airport view, and this is what they gave us…

:laughing: When you asked, were you very rude?

To which he scrunched up his face into an ugly crying face and sobbed,
“NO I want to go to DISNEYYYY!”

The boy is learning. Good.

34364659235_2a812c6129_c.jpg

My steak was a little overcooked, but that's too much information for non-Disney food.

It does look over-done.

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown (that must sound like a strange show if you’re not familiar!)

Yep. I Googled. Since 2005!

IT’S DISNEY DAY!
Here’s a travel morning selfie to show how excited both of us were!

33554086053_da8955448f_c.jpg

You look way too chipper for 6am.

I woke up naturally at 6am

:sad2: You're not human, are you?

I have never seen it so big.

I haven't read ahead, but.... I'm assuming @BibbitybobityLu already gave you the obligatory "That's what she said" here.

Jamie said “maybe I should get some new cologne…” so I quickly rushed him out of there, because I’d bought him some Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch (my favourite smell) to give to him when we got to Disney!

Good save.

Then we got some breakfast at Frankie and Benny’s.
We both got the New England Breakfast.

I'll pass on the beans.... but the rest looks good!

Jamie asked,
“We’re there for 3 weeks, right?”
“Yes, why?”
“…I need to buy 21 pairs of socks.”

:lmao:

I'm cracking up! :rotfl:

I like the painting on the plane.
Don't think other airlines do that.

As soon as we were sat down we were offered some complementary champagne and orange juice, yes please!

And keep it coming!

My view for the next 8 hours…

34364729255_de150bd616_c.jpg

OMG! There's a ghost in that seat!!!!!!!!! :faint:

And on this plane, you will occasionally encounter a giant floating eyeball...

Had to look at that for a while to figure out what I was seeing.
"Is Jamie sitting backwards with his feet up??"

Soon after take off we got some complimentary Amarula and I watched Zootopia!

So how is that show when you're drunk?

Always chuckle when people see those flight paths and think the plane isn't flying in a straight line.

And look! You were flying over my place!

…then I fell asleep for the end of the Jungle Book too, ugh I’m so annoying.

:laughing:

We had some sandwiches, scones, tiffin and a proper-sized cup of tea!

What is tiffin?
(Look... I've got "pulley"... one thing at a time.)

At 2:20pm EST, it was time to land at Orlando International!

Yay!

We were very efficient getting through immigration, baggage claim and secondary inspection.
It only took us half an hour between landing and getting to the fake-orail.

Not bad.

He slowed right down as we went through the Walt Disney World archway so that everyone could get a photo!

Nice of him! Never heard of that happening before.

Which resulted in a pretty good shot! :)

Hymie... We're home...

::yes::

As we were leaving reception, BR’ER BEAR CASUALLY STROLLED PAST.

Get out!

Anyone who has followed my previous trip reports will know what a huge Splash Mountain fan I am, so this blew my mind!

::yes::

Just chilling at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, no big deal.
Mr Smee and King Louis were also came out to mingle with guests!
Needless to say, this was a good first impression.

Yeah, you know. The usual. Same as anywhere else.

We went to the elevators, and you have to boop your magic band to get up to level 6, it’s very exclusive!

Gotta love any TR that includes the word "boop".

On arrival at the check in desk we were given sangria, beer and scented hot towels.

Wow. Hot towels, sure... but booze too!

They had trouble locating a room that was ready for us, so they offered us a bunk bed room instead.

:sad2:
Are you children???

(Do not answer that.)

She actually blew my secret though, because she pointed out the Starlight Safari I’d booked as a surprise! Doh.

Way to go, random CM lady.

We sat at a table in the lounge and had some rice crispy treats.

Oh, man! You just gave me the only reason I need to book club level!

Jamie spotted a fridge that was loaded with chocolate milk, which he was very excited about.

Well... of course.

We were located HERE – second block, second room along:

Nice! Close to the lobby.

It seemed like they’d rushed it to get it ready for us though, for example, there was a decorative plate that had come off the wall and was just sat on top of the fridge counter, and there were no chocolates or a note or anything to welcome us like I’ve read there was supposed to be.

But we had a GREAT savannah view!!!

Makes up for a lot, doesn't it?

It was a rainy evening, but the animals didn’t seem to mind.
We unpacked, whilst frequently sticking our heads outside to spot some animals!

So you got pretty wet heads, huh?

He was being really goofy asking things like “what type of dog is that?” :laughing:

OMG.... I do the exact same thing.

The exact. Same. Thing.

Run away doggie! Those are filled with bees!!!!

We saw these warthogs and heard a beeping noise start, like a car horn.
The guy on the balcony next to us said “they’re beeping for the pigs!”
And his family called back “are they running?!”
And sure enough they started to run across the savannah, probably for food or something, but it was the cutest little-legged run ever :lovestruc

Awwww!

Here are some more pictures of our room.

Beautiful room!

Uh... you may not have noticed. But there's someone taking photos of you in your bathroom.

Once we’d unpacked most of our stuff, I gave Jamie his new Abercrombie smell

Was he surprised? Did he like it?

The evening food had been put out in the lounge, and OMG, it was SO good!
It's much better than the spread at the Polynesian in my opinion.

Looks amazing!

“Trofie Cut Pasta with Fufu Cheese Sauce” – which was basically posh mac and cheese!

:rolleyes: Just call it that, then!

:lmao:

I got food.
He ate it.
Repeat several times.

Well... sure. That's what it's for.

Here’s Jamie on the bridge.

33980350180_2a6b054c6b_b.jpg

Oh, of course.
You had to get some distance to prevent him from stealing your food.
Makes perfect sense.

Then we found a little outdoor covered seating area with rocking chairs, which I loved!

I love that.

the quick service restaurant called The Mara.

<sigh> Yes...... home of the zebra dome.

Hello little chocolate puffs of heaven.

There were a lot of delicious looking things at The Mara, but the screens were showing the calories!
This was not something I wanted to think about on holiday thanks!

Calories don't count when you're on vacation.

We got our refillable mugs that came with our dining plan.
I got blue and Jamie got red.
And we filled them up with…
WATER.

Booooooooring!

We had a look in Zawadi marketplace, which might be one of the greatest shops ever I DON’T KNOW.

You don't know??? Then why are you reporting it that way?!?!?!

Sitting here I just felt so content!
We talked about all of the things we were looking forward to doing this trip and I was just so excited and happy!

That sounds.... really nice!

Here’s Jamie demonstrating how he felt in this moment.

33980347690_6c73ce5d63_b.jpg

:laughing: And I'm betting you felt pretty much the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter