• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've got maps (+ a Pirates issue and some park pics + Sheila E.!)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I brought home some extra maps, in case anyone would like any. I only grabbed DL. I was at Guest Services and they don't always have DCA maps on hand.

Not that you all don't know what maps look like but I'm in a photo-posting mood:
F203412C-8175-440C-93CD-47F88FD225B3.jpeg

Two things about Pirates:
1. The First Mate (the drunk guy that talks to the cat) is still MIA. Hopefully he's back soon.
2. The "Pope Donut" (the one that hung in the bar scene towards the beginning of the ride) seems to be missing. I haven't seen it for the past two park visits. Anyone have any info on that? It's been on POTC for years.

Good day today. Nothing unusual, especially. Three nice things, however.

1. As I drank my tea near the hub around 12:30, a mother and her daughter (2.5 years old) sat on the bench next to me. I love kids and often connect with them easily. After a few minutes, the girl came over, started to tap me on the shoulder and pointed out various things around the hub: ducks, a passing horse or two, etc. Very sweet. She did this several times and it really brightened my day. Not that I wasn't having a good day. But things like that are special to me. Struck up a nice conversation with the mom and her wife as well.

2. Towards the end of my visit, I entered Buzz via the Fast Pass Return line. I was a little early so when I scanned my pass, the scanner lit up blue. The CM said "No problem. You can go." Then another CM nearby (with whom I'm acquainted) said something like "He can go whenever he wants." That was a nice little joke and also helped to make me smile. It usually doesn't take much :-).

3. On my last Buzz ride of the day, the woman in front of me in line started to chat with me. She was six-months pregnant and told me that she was actually carrying the baby as a surrogate mother for some friends. I've heard of such things, of course, but have never met anyone that was actually a surrogate. Interesting conversation.

Lastly, here are some park pics --

IMG_7490.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7497.JPG

IMG_7500.JPG

IMG_7507.jpg

Today was Dapper Day. Loved these folks' classic Mickey Mouse Club outfits.

IMG_7513.jpg

A Hidden Minnie at the DCA Monorail station?

IMG_7524.JPG

Did OK at Buzz today. Not great but also not bad.
IMG_7527.jpg

I hate when this happens: a score with no pic. But when it's the number-one score, I have to go with it. #Annoying.
IMG_7528.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates and the pics. I wonder if they got rid of the 'donut' because it's not part of the show and distracted from the attraction itself. There was a mailbox that people were leaving notes in, and we noticed that the mailbox is now screwed shut so you can't do that anymore.

Oh, and a few character pics :-).

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7536.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

Lastly, I got to sit down last night with world-famous percussionist Sheila E. (Michael Jackson, Prince). 'member her?
Sheila.jpg
This was at the Hollywood Guitar Center. (My face was so shiny because it always gets oily just after I've shaved, which I had about two hours previous).

3FCB4377-E16E-44EC-B519-72033E7BD0BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Rob, will you be at Disneyland this Sunday 11/11? If so, i'll be sure to keep a lookout for you!

Rob, will you be at Disneyland this Sunday 11/11? If so, i'll be sure to keep a lookout for you!
Yes indeed! I'll be at rope drop, just to the right of the hub. I usually wear a blue Cubs cap. Hope to see you then and there!

2. Towards the end of my visit, I entered Buzz via the Fast Pass Return line. I was a little early so when I scanned my pass, the scanner lit up blue. The CM said "No problem. You can go." Then another CM nearby (with whom I'm acquainted) said something like "He can go whenever he wants." That was a nice little joke and also helped to make me smile. It usually doesn't take much :-).

It's nice to be recognized (for a good thing) when you think about how many people they deal with on a daily basis.

My hubby and I have been eating dinner at Storyteller's almost weekly for about the past year (well, until they took away the a la carte menu) and one of the main sous chefs would actually remember 6/7 of my food allergies. Most of the other sous chefs remembered me, along with a lot of the wait staff and even some of the host staff - even ones that we didn't really remember.

Last time we went to Napa Rose, the waiter said "the chef recognized your allergy list".

Ahhhhh love Sheila E.!!!!! You are so lucky! Such talent.

Always love your photos! Hope to see you in the park some day. Thank you for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter