I've just booked! Any advice?

sicilian_baby

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My fiance and I just booked a honeymoon to disney world (October 4 departure) in the Port Orleans French Quarter hotel. Is this a good choice? What should we do while were done there (for seven nights). Any advice? Thank you so much for anything!

A Disney Honeymoon is great!!! My husband and I went on our honeymoon in Disney just last year. We stayed at the Boardwalk and absolutely loved it. I see that you are staying at the FQ, it is a lovely resort, but not overly romantic. If you can maybe try to stay at the Riverside part of Port Orleans. It just has a more romantic feel in my opinion. But if you do stay at the FQ...I want to make sure you know that it is lovely and freshly updated.
Are you going on a package deal? My husband and I went with the dream maker silver plan. This gave us 2 magical wishes per person per day. Those wishes could be used toward food so we were eating great on a daily basis. Even if you are not on any type of meal plan make sure to try out some of the restaurants that may be a bit more pricey...it is your honeymoon after all. Some of my favorite restaurants are Fulton's CrabHouse at Downtown Disney, Le Ceillier Steakhouse in Canada in EPCOT, Alfredo's in Italy in EPCOT, and just about everywhere else!!
We also enjoyed the nightlife at the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls, a piano bar, was a lot of fun! Be sure to get the Mickey bride and groom ears. People will give you a lot of attention and will be sure to congratulate you as well as some special treatment. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me. My Disney honeymoon is one of my favorite Disney memories! Oh and Congratulations!!!!!!!

wdwfanatic80, thank you so much for your advice, I will be sure to show my fiance about the hotel switch, I always thought Riverside looked nice...but my travel agent suggested French Quarters. We can not afford more then a modertly priced hotel.

Thank you for your details as well. We have purchased a total of 20 meal (entree, desert and drinks) vochures to use. Is there something you suggest we do that is very romantic while we are there?

Thanks so much! :earsgirl:

First...you are very welcome. There are many romantic things to do in WDW. Here are a few:

Go to EPCOT for the fireworks...get a glass of champagne in France for each of you (about $7 or $8 a glass) and get a spot on the bridge between England and France. Relax and enjoy the fireworks as you both sip champagne. Make sure to get your spot at least 30 minutes in advance. This will give you a great view and some time to just talk to you new husband.

Eat in Cinderella's castle. I have eaten there for lunch (this is where my husband proposed), but I here dinner is great too. There is just something magical about eating there for us and I am sure you will enjoy it as well.

Watch the fireworks for the Magic Kingdom one night on the beach of the Polynesian, but make sure that you see it in the Magic Kingdom one night as well.

Take a romantic carriage ride for two. I am not sure who you call for this, but I think that they can even arrange for you to have a bottle of champagne.

Make sure that the hotel knows that you are going to Disney for your honeymoon. Have your travel agent call and tell them. When we were there for our honeymoon were were delighted to find two rice krispie treats shaped like Mickey on a plate that said Congratulations in chocolate as well as a pin box that had two pins in it one Minnie, one Mickey that said Honeymoon on them.

You can also call ahead to someone and maybe someone else knows this and arrange to have a bottle of champagne delivered to your room so that it is there your first night as well as arrange for fresh flowers.

Take a down day and lay with each other by the pool and maybe play a game of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens and then head to MGM for Fantasmic.

That is all I can think of for now. Let me know if you have any other questions. If I don't respond right away on here it is because I rarely have the time to get onto this website. I am on vacation this week, so please feel free to email me if you want to with any questions. My email is mtgwc@aol.com. Have a great day!!!

You will LOVE the French Quarter!!! This is a great resort for so many reasons. It's small and compact, so no matter which building you are in, it's a quick walk to everything. The pool is great and so is the service. It's quiet and quaint and romantic. I've stayed at POR once and never again. Too spread out for my taste.

Dining:
Some great (non-character) places to dine are:

Magic Kingdom:
Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch or dinner). The food is very good and it's beautiful view of Fantasyland.

EPCOT:
Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion
Rose & Crown in the UK pavilion -- When you make your PS, make it for 1 1/2 hours prior to showtime and make sure to mention you are on your honeymoon and would love to request a patio table. Arrive early for your PS, mention again about your hm and re-request a lower patio table. Tell them you do not mind waiting for one. This way you can enjoy a wonderful meal, then have dessert while watching an unobstructed view of Illuminations from the comfort of your table.

MGM:
50's Primetime Cafe -- This is a great place to dine. The food is great and so is the atmosphere.

Animal Kingdom:
Tusker House -- The food is very good here.

DTD:
Ghiradelli's -- The sundae's are incredible!!
House of Blues

Resorts:
California Grill -- This is the best meal on property!!! The food & service is excellent and the views are breathtaking. Make a PS early and for a night that Wishes will be shown.
Whispering Canyon Cafe -- This is a fun place to dine.
O'Hana's -- Great meal
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Make sure to make PS at these places as they get quiet busy.

Parks:
You can find many quiet places around WDW. Sitting by the Wishing Well at Cindy's Castle, having a quick bite at the Fountain Cafe while watching the fountains dance, take a stroll around the entire Tree of Life, and so many more places.

The must not misses are:
Wishes & SpectroMagic at the Magic Kingdom. Get to the 2nd floor of the Main Street Train Station early and grab a seat at the railing in the center of the platform. This is a great location to watch both.

Illuminations at EPCOT: Try and get a patio table seat for dinner at the Rose & Crown. If you can't, try and grab a seat over by Italy early.

Fantasmic at MGM: Get there early and grab a seat towards the top in the center (I believe this is the Scar section).

Lion King Show at AK

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who offered me advice. It was very helpful and I appreciate it so much. Thank you for taking the time to type the suggestions and post them here. I have printed them out and pasted them into my diary to have on the trip. Thank you again everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter