iWatch and MB/Ticket Question

Yes, you always have to show ID to prove you are the passholder.

Many years ago, they used to type the AP holder‘s name and the expiration date on the pass as well as adding your photo, so you didn’t need a separate ID. Then they went to only putting the name and expiration, so the ID was required as well. Then they eventually just loaded the APs onto the card stock without printing anything as far as name or date, but the card stock had a validity period on it, and discounts were generally honored during that period, meaning some people got discounts they were no longer entitled to because their pass had expired. Once the app came on board, they went to showing the pass on the phone, but occasionally I do get asked for the card as well (maybe once every couple of trips).
I don’t even have a new card. They told me last time I tried that they weren’t giving them out🤷‍♀️

I don’t even have a new card. They told me last time I tried that they weren’t giving them out🤷‍♀️
I don’t see how that can be true. Not everyone has a smartphone or MB to use to get into the parks, or their phone may have a dead battery, so they would have to use a card for their AP. If you really want one, I would ask again.

I don’t see how that can be true. Not everyone has a smartphone or MB to use to get into the parks, or their phone may have a dead battery, so they would have to use a card for their AP. If you really want one, I would ask again.
I believe they were responding to new AP cards not being issued. KTTW cards are still issued at the gate, upon request.

I believe they were responding to new AP cards not being issued. KTTW cards are still issued at the gate, upon request.
Ah, okay . . . I read it to mean any card that could be used as an AP. I was strictly looking at it from an admission/Genie+ standpoint, not needing the card for discounts. That makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter