Jackie and Chris's Wishes Wedding 1/6/12: SBP/Attic/SCP 5/11 Final Post- PJ Finished

So, I know I said I wasn't going to do centerpieces earlier--- but, I've been thinking about it, and I decided I wanted to do SOMETHING. I definitely knew I didn't want to do flowers (I don't really like flowers AND the chairs in the attic are enough floral for me!), and I didn't want to do picture frames because... I don't know, it just didn't fit for me. So, I decided that I am going to make ribbon bouquets!

I originally wanted to do the mickey mouse ones, but I guess I'm just not crafty enough for them because it just looked like a huge blob when I did it! (I did steal that idea from another disbride--- unfortunately, I forget who.) So, I made the tradition ribbon bouquet instead: what do you think???

photo.jpg

The white ribbon says "Happily Ever After." I'm going to make twelve of them, all different colors and patterns and stuff--- I really like the more eclectic, fun look. The bottom is this container of stuff I stumbled across at Michael's. (Actually, it was fate. I had taken a vase, a container of rocks, and a container of rose petals and I went into the wedding aisle to hide so I could experiment...) But, then I found a package that had fake flowers and two different kinds of shiny rocks all bundled together! It was terribly overpriced, but convenient, and pretty.

I also decided I'm going to keep MOST of the menu, but probably replaced the mixed veggies with the salad from the Spirit of Aloha dinner--- it's literally the best salad I have ever had and I think about it wistfully every now and then. (Cue corny music here.) Chris doesn't eat veggies anyway, so it's whatever I say goes.

Other than THAT, I haven't done much wedding planning. I did FINALLY, after searching and searching, find Disney ribbon at Walmart and spent my life savings on it ($3 for 3 yards, Walmart?? Really???) and I also won some epcot ribbon on ebay, which I am geekily excited for. I'm going to make another one on Sunday.

This is a little rant, but GAH! I've been so stressed out lately. The end of the semester is kicking my behind. My students are slacking off big time, and I'm exhausted and just don't want to deal with them anymore. I also have two 20 page papers to write by the end of the semester (research-intensive papers... I've started one of them, and I've been doing some research for the other one.) I ALSO had to teach my Jane Austen class on Tuesday and I'm getting observed and judged on my teaching on Monday. Oh, and I still have papers to grade, and another set of papers come in before the semester ends, and then I'll have to grade their finals too. AND I get my final paycheck on May 30th and then not another one until August 30th, so I've been job hunting so I can survive through July and August. GAH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the vent girls--- I just needed to get that out!!!

let it out chick! you have lots going on and i give you all the credit in the world for succeeding in school!! great job on the finds at michael's and congrats on the ebay win!! the next month and a half will fly, and hopefully you will find a non-stressful summer job! hopefully one that makes you lots of wedding money!!! deep breaths!! it'll get better!!!

We too are using the attic and having the Briar Rose buffet. We tried at our planning session the banana foster french toast and loved it. As far as we can tell the Banana foster flavor was in the syrup... but still yummy :banana:. We were going to add Mickey waffles but decided we will be getting them several times during our breakfast and decided not to add the extra cost. I am supposed to be heading to Atlantic City to see the NKOTBBSB concert this summer. We shall see. Your plans sound great and enjoying you PJ.

epcot ribbon??? AWESOME!!! I'd be geekily excited too!!
And pixiedust: that you find a job!!!! Good luck girl!! Vent away, you certainly helped me when I was having a major freak out!!
I love the ribbon for the centerpieces :goodvibes

I love those! I think they look great, and I agree that The Attic is floral enough :goodvibes
My students keep claiming they have "spring fever" as an excuse for their general...brattiness, and I swear, if I hear that excuse one more time...

I am teaching a 10th grade World History class. I only have about three weeks left but it has been a crazy process. I really wanted to quit at first, but I am happy I stuck it out because it did get easier. It just sucks when the kids get their attitudes. My kids are slacking off also. We have been getting ready for the TAKS test (they need to pass this to graduate) they are over it. Good luck with your observation. They are soooo nerve recking. My professor came 3 times and I was pretty lucky because the class was well behaved.

Now on to some fun stuff! I go this Friday for my dress. The store I'm going to carries the line of jewelry, I'm going to price it out and see if its worth it. If you want I can take pics of the stuff in the Cinderella line so you can see what it looks like in real life. I'll also post prices.

I really like the centerpiece that you made! And I think it's so cute to have all different ones, especially with some Disney/fairy tale touches. Can't wait to see more of them!

The ribbon centerpieces look great!! Love the Happily ever after ribbon such a cute and nice touch...

Can't wait to see the rest of the centerpieces and how they turn out!!:goodvibes

let it out chick! you have lots going on and i give you all the credit in the world for succeeding in school!! great job on the finds at michael's and congrats on the ebay win!! the next month and a half will fly, and hopefully you will find a non-stressful summer job! hopefully one that makes you lots of wedding money!!! deep breaths!! it'll get better!!!

Thanks! Although, to be even whinier, I actually have to take SUMMER classes--- not until July, but they're going to seriously put a damper on my money making abilities!

We too are using the attic and having the Briar Rose buffet. We tried at our planning session the banana foster french toast and loved it. As far as we can tell the Banana foster flavor was in the syrup... but still yummy :banana:. We were going to add Mickey waffles but decided we will be getting them several times during our breakfast and decided not to add the extra cost. I am supposed to be heading to Atlantic City to see the NKOTBBSB concert this summer. We shall see. Your plans sound great and enjoying you PJ.

Thanks! I love your PJ. :) :) I think I'm going to take the Bananas out of it... DF hates bananas, and I forgot that banana's foster has alcohol in it because I am a winner... (lots of alcohol issues in my family, so unfortunately I have to steer clear!) Darnit!

epcot ribbon??? AWESOME!!! I'd be geekily excited too!!
And pixiedust: that you find a job!!!! Good luck girl!! Vent away, you certainly helped me when I was having a major freak out!!
I love the ribbon for the centerpieces :goodvibes

Thank you!!! <3 <3 I need all of the luck I can get re: job!

I love those! I think they look great, and I agree that The Attic is floral enough :goodvibes
My students keep claiming they have "spring fever" as an excuse for their general...brattiness, and I swear, if I hear that excuse one more time...

Oh dear God! My students asked me for extra credit for PARTICIPATING today!!!!!! I wanted to kick them.

I am teaching a 10th grade World History class. I only have about three weeks left but it has been a crazy process. I really wanted to quit at first, but I am happy I stuck it out because it did get easier. It just sucks when the kids get their attitudes. My kids are slacking off also. We have been getting ready for the TAKS test (they need to pass this to graduate) they are over it. Good luck with your observation. They are soooo nerve recking. My professor came 3 times and I was pretty lucky because the class was well behaved.

Now on to some fun stuff! I go this Friday for my dress. The store I'm going to carries the line of jewelry, I'm going to price it out and see if its worth it. If you want I can take pics of the stuff in the Cinderella line so you can see what it looks like in real life. I'll also post prices.

I'm glad you stuck it out! And my observer blew me off today! (it is has not been my day.)

If you could find out some prices, that would be great! I'm actually going to look on Friday too! We can compare notes... I'm very excited!

Loving your centre pieces! :) Very Clever!

XXX

Thank you!!! :)

I really like the centerpiece that you made! And I think it's so cute to have all different ones, especially with some Disney/fairy tale touches. Can't wait to see more of them!

Thank you so much! Your centerpieces are my absolute FAVORITE ones of all--- I'm in LOVE with them. But I didn't want to drag book boxes (or books, which was my initial idea) to Florida--- if I were having an at home wedding, it's totally what I would do.

The ribbon centerpieces look great!! Love the Happily ever after ribbon such a cute and nice touch...

Can't wait to see the rest of the centerpieces and how they turn out!!:goodvibes

Thank you!!! I love how glittery it is!!!!

--------------
Well, I made another centerpiece over the weekend, but I'm going to post it next week. (I also have a cute little bridesmaid gift to post and my "something blue"!) I'm going home on Thursday (home is CT, I live in WI) and I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping with my MOH and one of my bridesmaids! I'm very excited and can't wait to post pictures for all you girls. And hopefully I find more wedding stuff too.

Also, keep your fingers crossed for me--- the driver's side window on my VW Beetle won't roll down, so she has to go into the shop. Let's hope it's not too much money, okay???

Well, Easter is over and I'm back from CT! It was nice seeing some of my family and friends, but I am very happy to be home with DF and Smokey.

Before I get to the lovely pictures of bridesmaid dresses, I want to show you all what I did in Wisconsin! I made Centerpiece #2:

photo2.jpg

It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it's Belle ribbon and sparkly blue ribbon--- I chose sparkly blue because it reminds me of both the Beast's coat and that end scene in the show at DHS. (And I usually cry during that scene, because I am THAT cool.)

And, I bought three of these bags for my three lovely bridesmaids:

photo3.jpg

I added the Bridesmaid ribbon myself, because I am basically the queen of all ribbon. Okay, that and DF found it at Michael's all excitedly and came running over to me with "JACK! IT'S ONLY A DOLLAR!!!!!!!!" I have him trained, no?

Speaking of trained, here is DF modeling the tote bag I bought myself:

photo4.jpg

Cute, no? The bridesmaid bags were $6 each and the bride bag was $15. Great Hallmark finds! Although, when I was at Hallmark I did see that Cinderella coach card holder. How can they ask $100 for that thing?!?!? But I want it SO badly....

Anyway, onto the CT wedding stuff! Richelle (MOH and best friend), Becky (Bridesmaid and I've known her since I was 4), and Lacy (Bridesmaid and Chris's older sister) went to Alfred Angelo to go bridesmaid dress shopping! Now, I am a very nice bride and told all the girls that as long as they buy an AA dress in claret, they can get any dress they want. (On a side note, the AA claret looks pink online, but it's NOT in person! Trust me, it's very pretty in real life.)

Our experience at the North Attleboro AA signature store was okay. I didn't really like our consultant--- I think she was annoyed with us because we weren't buying anything on that day, just looking. I realize that she works off commission, but we were the only people in the store and she did NOT give us her full attention. She kept wandering away, not listening to me when I told her exactly what we wanted (she could not seem to fathom that each girl was allowed to pick out her own dress!), and she was not very helpful with getting bigger or smaller sizes. I was disappointed, because my consultant at the store in Altamonte Springs in Florida was SO nice and SO helpful, and I figured they could have stood to give me a bit more customer service because, after all, I DID buy my dress and all of my accessories from them.

ANYWAY, despite our flaky consultant, we still had fun!

Here are some pictures of Richelle:

DSCF1339.jpg

Ignore the socks! I loved this one, but she didn't love it as much as I did.

DSCF1341.jpg

We also loved this one, but she ended up getting a different one. I am apparently an atrocious best friend because I forgot to take a picture of her final choice! But this is the stock photo of her selection:

7014.jpg

I LOVE it! It was one of my favorites online, but no one liked it until they saw it in person. She's going to get the dress in claret, the sash in ivory, and the flower in claret. In case any of you are nosy like I am, it's $160.

Here are some pictures of Becky:

DSCF1338.jpg

Again, I loved how this one looked! But she ended up choosing this one instead:

DSCF1343.jpg

Wow, that's an awkward picture. Anyway, it's SUPER flattering on her, and we added the sash--- but we'll get the sash in ivory instead of white. And, again, in case you're nosy, that dress is only $99, and the sash is $29!

And, here are some pictures of Lacy:

DSCF1334.jpg

This was our first choice--- it makes her look like Alice! But, when we saw this one, we knew it was the right one:

DSCF1340.jpg

I love how flowy it is; and she said it made her feel like she was wearing a flower. This dress was $145.

Oh! And I decided that I wanted to buy myself a dress to wear to dinner the night before the wedding--- I'm getting all of the girls together and we're going to Akershus. I've been there before, but I want to be princessy and adorable. I decided that I want to buy myself this dress:

DSCF1344.jpg

which I think looks like something Cinderella would wear on a spring day, or if she was prancing in the garden with her blue jay friends.

I also bought these earrings. I know another disbride bought them, and when I saw them on the boards I HAD to have them. But, I suppose the funny thing is--- I let the holes in my ears close up years ago :lmao: Sooooo it looks like I'll be getting those redone, huh?

photo5.jpg

I LOVE the hidden mickeys!!! (They were $115 though... really??? Bah!) But, again, the girls at AA were terribly misinformed. I asked if they had any of the Disney jewelry, and she pointed me towards those, which was great. We had done some research though, and we really wanted to see the Cinderella jewelry up close--- but the girl at the counter told me that, no, the Disney jewelry wasn't separated by princess and she had no idea what I was talking about. Sigh...

As an aside, I have also decided that, after today, until the semester is over, I can only let myself go on disboards on the weekend. :( :( I just have SO much work to do, and this weekend in CT really put me behind!! Also, let's not talk about how much my Beetle cost to get fixed--- stupid German cars!!! I'm still job hunting, and I have an interview today, so fingers crossed???

Sorry for the super-long update btw!

Gorgeous dresses. And I love the earrings. I've had a similar dilema as I let mine close up years ago too. Decided to leave them closed but I might just crack before the wedding!

Your girls picked out really nice dresses! I think they'll look wonderful together. I love your Cinderella in Spring dress ;) You're right, that is totally Cinderella's more casual dress!

And good luck with your job interview! :goodvibes

Loving all of the updates!
First off a :worship: is in order to the ribbon queen, how do you find such fabulous ones?
Your bm dresses look really good, and I love the dress you chose for dinner! The earnings are great too. :)

grr for flaky consultants. i had one of those up here--rediculous. i love the earrings!!! when are you getting them re-pierced? the bm dresses look great :) looks like you guys had a good time!!

i wish i could stay off this site. i give you all the credit in the world and wish you strength :rotfl: i'm addicted and it's an issue :( i also sit in a lobby all by myself for 8 hours a day. you're all like my company :)

good luck on your interview!!

Love all the dresses!!! They look great!!!
And of course, the earrings!! I love them!!!
The centerpiece came out great!!
I have a V-dub as well, I definitely know how much they can cost!! Ugh!

Love the blue dress!!!! I think I want it also! How much did it cost?

I went to Alfred Angelo this past weekend because my dress came in and I am getting it altered. The first time that I went I had a great experience and great customer service. But this time it was a little awkward. The alterations lady was somewhat rude. She started asking me why I took my grandmother with me and not my mother. I told her because my mother doesn’t matter to me. But that is not ever the worst thing she did. When I walked out and my bff was taking pictures she went on to ask her if my nephew was her son and my friend said no. Then she asked me if he I was mine and I said he is my nephew, then she asked my grandmother and when she said no, the lady went on to say, “No one wants to claim the boy, he doesn’t belong to anyone.” He didn’t hear her but if he had he would have cried. Sad thing is, is that his mom doesn’t take care of him we do. I could not believe she said that. The workers were also talking bad about the customers.
My plan was to take pictures of the Disney jewelry but they only carried the line of earrings. I do not know why they told me they had the sets when they clearly did not. I just feel like I want my dress out of there and I don’t want to go back.
Good luck with the rest of the semester, this will be a crazy couple of weeks!

Gorgeous dresses. And I love the earrings. I've had a similar dilema as I let mine close up years ago too. Decided to leave them closed but I might just crack before the wedding!

Thanks, they all made really good choices! One of my bridesmaids actually COMMANDED I repierce my ears :lmao: (and I know she stalks this thread, so hi Becky!) I just... don't know where to go to get it done. Claire's, like the 11 year old I really am???

Your girls picked out really nice dresses! I think they'll look wonderful together. I love your Cinderella in Spring dress ;) You're right, that is totally Cinderella's more casual dress!

And good luck with your job interview! :goodvibes

Thank you!!!! :) And I think the interview went really well! So keep your fingers crossed!

Loving all of the updates!
First off a :worship: is in order to the ribbon queen, how do you find such fabulous ones?
Your bm dresses look really good, and I love the dress you chose for dinner! The earnings are great too. :)

Thanks! And really I just scour Michael's and Walmart. The disney ribbon at Walmart, however, is proving to be a hard to find commodity...

grr for flaky consultants. i had one of those up here--rediculous. i love the earrings!!! when are you getting them re-pierced? the bm dresses look great :) looks like you guys had a good time!!

i wish i could stay off this site. i give you all the credit in the world and wish you strength :rotfl: i'm addicted and it's an issue :( i also sit in a lobby all by myself for 8 hours a day. you're all like my company :)

good luck on your interview!!

Right! I hate bad customer service. I know you work retail/customer service, and I did for six years, so I am HYPER-critical of people. And I am SO addicted to disboards--- I go on my phone in the car!!! I gotta cut it out and write my gosh darn papers, but then I'll be back. I'm already dreading cutting myself off tomorrow. :( :(

Love all the dresses!!! They look great!!!
And of course, the earrings!! I love them!!!
The centerpiece came out great!!
I have a V-dub as well, I definitely know how much they can cost!! Ugh!

Love the blue dress!!!! I think I want it also! How much did it cost?

I went to Alfred Angelo this past weekend because my dress came in and I am getting it altered. The first time that I went I had a great experience and great customer service. But this time it was a little awkward. The alterations lady was somewhat rude. She started asking me why I took my grandmother with me and not my mother. I told her because my mother doesn’t matter to me. But that is not ever the worst thing she did. When I walked out and my bff was taking pictures she went on to ask her if my nephew was her son and my friend said no. Then she asked me if he I was mine and I said he is my nephew, then she asked my grandmother and when she said no, the lady went on to say, “No one wants to claim the boy, he doesn’t belong to anyone.” He didn’t hear her but if he had he would have cried. Sad thing is, is that his mom doesn’t take care of him we do. I could not believe she said that. The workers were also talking bad about the customers.
My plan was to take pictures of the Disney jewelry but they only carried the line of earrings. I do not know why they told me they had the sets when they clearly did not. I just feel like I want my dress out of there and I don’t want to go back.
Good luck with the rest of the semester, this will be a crazy couple of weeks!

:) The blue dress was $145, and you bought your AA at a sig store, right? So you should get $20 off on top of that if you buy there--- $125 isn't too bad, right? We could be dress twins!

And OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ALTERATIONS WOMAN SAID THAT ABOUT A LITTLE BOY!!!! That is HORRENDOUS! I'm tempted to tell you that you should complain. How can they be rude to us!?! We spent over a thousand dollars on their company, the least they could do is smile sweetly and shut up.

I wanted to ask you how looking at the jewelry went, but apparently not so well. Honestly, I have a feeling we know more about their disney line than they do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter