Jambo Kidani rooms

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
What is the difference between the rooms at the AKV resorts? My friends want to stay at AKV with a savana view but I don't know which resort would be best? I have only stayed at Jambo and really like the pool, along with Bomas.

Officially, it's one resort with two buildings. The DVC Rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th floor and 6th floor (Concierge Level) and were converted from hotel rooms. Kidani Village was built from the ground up as DVC Villas.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We've only stayed in Jambo, but have heard Savanah view in Kidani is better on lower floors as you're closer to the animals.

We like Jambo better as we're resort people versus remote people. But would choose Kidani if needing a 1br for the bathroom.

Depends on how big of a room they are getting as well.

At Jambo the 1-bedrooms have one bathroom while at Kidani they have two bathrooms.

There is one big difference between the rooms at kidani and jambo; the one bedroom villa at kidani has two full bathrooms (including a huge master bathroom) while jambo will only have one.

As for the views, a previous post was spot on by saying the lower floors at kidani are great for animal viewing. Even though the views from the higher floors aren't really bad at all, being eye level with the giraffes while on the lower floors is great.

Another difference between the two buildings is that kidani is a bit more quiet (in the lobby that is) than jambo house. As jambo is the "main" building and has more restaurants and a bar, there are more people going in and out of that space.

Regardless of what you choose remember that the buildings are within walking distance of each other, or you can take a park bus between the two (be sure to get familiar with the routes, as some stop at jambo first and some stop at kidani first).

Good luck with your decision.

I only stayed at jambo house on my trip . I liked the fact that they had the quick and table service restaurants there and the lounge area was much bigger . I liked the lobby/lounge area better at jambo cause its much bigger . Kiddani has the nice kids sprayer pool witch was really nice . I don't find that using the shuttles back and forth was worth doing it took a lot of time for them to come around and often the shuttle a not so big van wasn't big enough for all the people waiting to get in . The walk was far between the 2 but it wasn't to bad so long as you don't get caught in a storm like we did lol.

I prefer Jambo House for the following reasons:
1- You feel like you are at a Resort Hotel (becasue you are).
2- The Lobby is great, a good gathering place or place to sit and enjoy
2a- Public viewing areas of animals including from steps from Loby and the backside of the pool area.
3- Quick Service Food near pool as well as Full Service Restaurants gve you more options.
4- Lounge
5- If you have young children, people sing high praise for the Kidani Pool, The Jambo Pool is larger and for us has worked fine.
6- Kidani rooms are larger, but for us I rather have more stuff to do outside the room.
7- You can walk from Kidani but it can be a long walk
8- The exterior of Kidani is not attractive.

With all that said you will have people who absolutely love Kidani. You could always do a split stay so you will know for the future which way to go.

Either way ENJOY

Do the two bedrooms also have the two separate bathrooms? I am planning on putting the Dutch families in a two br, while we stay in a studio or a value. I am now leaning toward Kidani if it will nicer for them. Seeing the animals at eye level is also a good perk.

Do the two bedrooms also have the two separate bathrooms? I am planning on putting the Dutch families in a two br, while we stay in a studio or a value. I am now leaning toward Kidani if it will nicer for them. Seeing the animals at eye level is also a good perk.

An excellent perk imho....

The two bedroom at Kidani will have three bathrooms, versus only two at Jambo House. :goodvibes

That is very nice. I hope they like it. We like Jambo for the quick service and overall feel of the resort. Do they do evening programs at Kidani and are we able to take the sunrise safari?

What is the difference between the rooms at the AKV resorts? My friends want to stay at AKV with a savana view but I don't know which resort would be best? I have only stayed at Jambo and really like the pool, along with Bomas.

Boy, I can't wait to be able to give an opinion on this! I've only stayed at Jambo, and am finally giving Kidani a try in October. As a previous poster said, I'm looking forward to being closer to the animals. That never occurred to me in all my stays at Jambo, being on the fifth floor, but one day I was on the balcony off the lobby over at Kidani, and I heard "clip-clop, clip-clop" as a zebra walked by. That's when I vowed to try Kidani, and I've asked for a lobby floor villa.

That is very nice. I hope they like it. We like Jambo for the quick service and overall feel of the resort. Do they do evening programs at Kidani and are we able to take the sunrise safari?

The Sunrise Safari is exclusive to AKL/AKV Concierge Level guests. Those CL rooms are only in Jambo House.

There is the night vision viewing at Kidani and other available CM interactions..but I don't think there are as many as Jambo.
But Kidani has the community hall..
If allowed, this link shows an old copy of activities where you can see Kidani and Jambo:
http://www.aklresort.com/content/2011-september-activities-guide?size=_original

The more expensive sunset safari is available, though.

They should really enjoy it! The master bathroom in Kidani is huuuuge!

All two bedroom villas at Jambo House are lockoffs, no dedicated. So the second bedroom has one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. Also the master bathroom does not have a separate shower and jetted tub. They are combined.

Jambo is the original AKL building where DVC is on the fifth floor (sixth for concierge) and the hotel is still the rest. It has no dedicated 2BRs, only lock-offs. All the smaller "value" rooms are at Jambo, same for concierge. other than the small number of values, the rooms are in the same size range as BWV, SSR, BCV, and VWL. Except for the values, the 1BRs (and 2BRs) have the extra sleeper chair that pulls out to twin size. The 1BR (and thus) 2BR master bath has a combined tub and shower not separate. That bathroom is also not directly connected to the bedroom and you walk across a small hallway that can be seen from the living room to get to it. Parking is in a lot across from the front of the building. It has three good restaurants, Jiko (table service), Boma (buffet) and Mara (counter service). Pool area is excellent with lots of places to find shade. Pool has small slide. Has the larger pool of the two resorts and a much larger store.

Kidani is all DVC rooms, giving you the opportunity for lower floor view of savanna) and has both dedicated and lock-off 2BRs; dedicated have one entry door and two queens in the 2d bedroom; the 2BR lock-offs (at both Jambo and Kidani) have a queen and pull out couch double in 2d bedroom. All the 1BRs and 2BRs at Kidani have the extra sleeper chair. The studios are about the same size as Jambo but the 1BRs, and 1BR side of a dedicated, are 100 sq ft larger than Jambo's standard and savanna views (that is a significant and very noticeable difference). There is an extra bathroom in the 1BR and thus three in a 2BR. Separate tub and shower in the master bath in the 1 and 2BRs, which is accessible only through the bedroom. One advantage of a dedicated 2BR is that the balcony is one long balcony across the entire unit rather than having the wall that splits the 1BR balcony from the studio's. Only restaurant is Sanaa, table service, no breakfast, but one of the best at WDW for atmosphere and food. Pool is smaller than Jambo but it has the much longer slide and the area has an elaborate kid's water play area. Shade trees are still growing and finding shade can often be difficult. Kidani has a community hall, Jambo does not. It also has ideal under-building parking, and with elevators along the wings, you can always park fairly close to your room.

My personal rule for choice of building: if getting a 1 or 2BR, go with Kidani; if getting a studio or GV go with Jambo. As for requests with savanna view, when at Jambo we usually request Arusha savanna view (one in the middle of the building) along Zebra Trail (the right wing of the U-shaped building); besides having good views, those rooms face west and thus you get to watrch pleasant sunsets but avoid the glaring sun on the porch in the morning. As to Kidani, our requests boil down to one that avoids getting rooms near the end of the wings and gets the sunset savanna which has giraffes. There is no longer walk in any hotel in the world (the earth not just WDW) down an internal hallway from end rooms to lobby than the one on the north wing of Kidani; it actually takes about five minutes at normal adult pace and a few minutes longer if smaller kids are with you. Guests who stay at rooms near the end of the wing often take their cars to the lobby. To avoid those end rooms and get closer to the lobby which puts you close to all amenties including pool, store, restaurant and bus stop, you can choose any of the following non-guaranteed requests: (a) close to lobby (if successful that also puts you on Sunset Savanna and thus you don't need to add Sunset Savanna as a request); (b) close to community hall (same effect as to sunset savanna as the close to lobby request but puts you on the south wing and close to lobby and thus on wing where bus stop is); (c) close to Timon elevator (puts you on the south wing on Sunset savanna fairly close to lobby and very close to the bus stop); (d) sunset savanna and close to the Rafiki elevator (that dual request puts you within easy walking distance to lobby and the closest you can be to getting to the pool -- down the Rafiki elevator and then a short walk to a nearby gate entrance to the pool; you need the Sunset savanna request for that one because some of the Pembe savanna rooms are also fairly close to that elevator).

Our guest who are staying in the 2br are Dutch and want the Wow factor. They picked AKV over my choice of BCV so I want to make sure I do what is right for them.

I am thinking a 2 br at Kidani near the lobby! They would die if I told them to walk half hour to the lobby.

We will have a minivan for them to use. Right now I am thinking our family is going to end up at a value paying cash as I am just point low despite banking. I have just enough to get them the 2 br for a week.

Thank you so much for helping me with this and good information.

I always request to be near the lobby and near the bus stop. This has always put me in the Timon section which has the bus stop and elevator. Perfect for us. I am not aware of a shuttle as posted earlier. We simply used the first bus (except the DTD) bus to go to Jambo. All busses, except the DTD bus, stopped at Kidani first. Take the first one and in a couple of minutes you will be at Jambo. Then to go back, take the DTD bus.

lots of great info here...

Does the dedicated 2 BR at Kidani also have the kitchenettes, or is that just lockoffs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter