James and Jeffrey PJ - 05/10/11 - SBP/Attic/UK DP/Wedding Day 2 Arrival

James,
Welcome to the boards. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans and to see pictures.
My partner and I have been together for 10 years and maybe on day we will do the Disney wedding. We also just bought into DVC and are looking forward to many trips to come. And we have just finished the foster parenting class and are looking at becoming fa forever family for some kids.

Welcome to the boards!

I'm getting married in December and just gave up on being crafty...if I can't find someone to do it for me, it's just not happening!

OMG!!! The mickey pops is too funny!! Frustrating I'm sure but it is funny especially the way you describe it!! Keep trying. There has to be a way to keep the chocolate from globbing!!

Hello! I followed you over to the Weddings board from your post on my thread on the GLBT board.

Congrats! It's nice to see another gay couple getting married at WDW!

Can't wait to hear more!

Have a blast, and enjoy every minute! It's so worth it!

-Rob

Oh, and we're DVC owners too, despite living 8 miles from the Magic Kingdom! We love it!

Thanks. We can't wait to have our moment at Disney. We are so glad Disney if finally allowing us to have our ceremony there. DVC is the best investement.

I know what you mean about the room requirements. I was thrilled to hear that DVC rooms count towards the contract totals. Whew! I'm hoping that with ours and my brother's DVC ressies, we can fill up a nice amount towards what's needed. My only problem with DVC has been that I always feel like I need more points. We have a small contract and I'm always on the look out for a good resale.

p.s. - I'm envious of those crafty, creative folks on here... I usually ruin my projects and end up with two of my fingers glued together... I'm leaving some of the crafty/design of that stuff up to Disney. It's safer and cheaper for me...lol

We just added more points! once is just not enough. I am afraid it is an addiction that may never end. I have given up on the crafts for awhile. I think it is safer that way.

Make sure you don't happen to buy a Cricut machine :p - I think it makes all those DIY crafts much easier. I just bid on one on ebay. Now I can create my own tags, etc!

I stole my sister's Cricut from her closet but I think that is where it is going "BACK INTO THE CLOSET" sometimes it is better for somethings to stay in the closet.

James,
Welcome to the boards. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans and to see pictures.
My partner and I have been together for 10 years and maybe on day we will do the Disney wedding. We also just bought into DVC and are looking forward to many trips to come. And we have just finished the foster parenting class and are looking at becoming fa forever family for some kids.

Children will change your life! :thumbsup2 foster parents have the hardest job but one of the most rewarding. Good luck. We can't wait to share Disney with our boys. I saw on one of your posts you are crafty and did a Mickey wreath. I might have to get some advice on the crafts.

Welcome to the boards!

I'm getting married in December and just gave up on being crafty...if I can't find someone to do it for me, it's just not happening!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I agree 100% sometimes there are things you are just not meant to be and wedding crafts are just not it for me. I am so glad we chose to do our wedding at WDW where it is all done for you and perfect.

OMG!!! The mickey pops is too funny!! Frustrating I'm sure but it is funny especially the way you describe it!! Keep trying. There has to be a way to keep the chocolate from globbing!!

The Horror oh The Horror. I still see those Mickey heads rolling across the floor. Make it stop :rotfl:

Congrats and welcome! I love your proposal story, and that you did get your Disney proposal after all :).

The Mickey pops came out really good, before the chocolate fiasco, lol, sometimes the melted chocolate works really well and sometimes it's a nightmare! DIY projects always look way easier when they're done and you're just posting pics of them ;). I hope you don't give up completely, I love hearing about your DIY projects :goodvibes.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

okay, just re-read the instructions for the pops, and I don't think it was your fault at all. Sometimes melting the chocolate in the microwave just doesn't work and it clumps up too soon. Then the more you try to reheat it, the worse it gets :confused3. Try melting the chocolate on the stove-top, in a double boiler or use a small pot with an inch or so of water in it, and a metal bowl. The chocolate should stay melted nice and smooth for as long as you need it this way. ;)

Signing on for the planning. You are getting married on my birthday, so I will remember the day. :goodvibes Don't forget to visit us at the Creative DISign forum. We have some very creative people there who will be willing to help you out. :thumbsup2 Congratulations on the Proposal. I remember how exciting it was "waiting" for it to happen. Now have fun planning for the wedding. :cloud9:
Penny:hippie:

Welcome to the Boards!

You did a great job with those Mickey pops and I loved hearing about your engagement! I am really excited to read the rest of your plans!!

Today is an exciting day. Signing the contract and faxing to Randy Chapman for photography, signing the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding LOA and faxing, and making our additonal DVC points final today. The downside is that my bank account is hemorrhaging

Today is an exciting day. Signing the contract and faxing to Randy Chapman for photography, signing the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding LOA and faxing, and making our additonal DVC points final today.

Awesome! Congratulations! And you're going to LOVE Randy!

The downside is that my bank account is hemorrhaging

Yeah, get used to that. It doesn't stop until well after the wedding! :laughing:

Don't give up on crafting! It is a wonderful thing that can really make your wedding special. My very first attempt at making wedding invitations really did not go over well, but I stuck with it, and I am happy with how my final invitations turned out. I say Keep on trying!!

Congrats on all of the signing and faxing! It must be so exciting for you - despite the bank hemorrhaging lol

I stole my sister's Cricut from her closet but I think that is where it is going "BACK INTO THE CLOSET" sometimes it is better for somethings to stay in the closet.

thanks for the giggle - I hope I'm as successful in reality as I am in my mind when this thing arrives! :rotfl:

Children will change your life! :thumbsup2 foster parents have the hardest job but one of the most rewarding. Good luck. We can't wait to share Disney with our boys. I saw on one of your posts you are crafty and did a Mickey wreath. I might have to get some advice on the crafts.

We are excited about sharing Disney with our kid(s). When my partner lost his kidneys, his goal was to get a transplant and go to WDW. He had never been before, now we are hoping to share this with someone else (and if we can make a difference in someone else life).
Me crafty, debateable, able to make it through with all ten fingers, priceless.
I am looking forward to reading more about your plans and nuptuals.

Congrats and welcome! I love your proposal story, and that you did get your Disney proposal after all :).

The Mickey pops came out really good, before the chocolate fiasco, lol, sometimes the melted chocolate works really well and sometimes it's a nightmare! DIY projects always look way easier when they're done and you're just posting pics of them ;). I hope you don't give up completely, I love hearing about your DIY projects :goodvibes.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

okay, just re-read the instructions for the pops, and I don't think it was your fault at all. Sometimes melting the chocolate in the microwave just doesn't work and it clumps up too soon. Then the more you try to reheat it, the worse it gets :confused3. Try melting the chocolate on the stove-top, in a double boiler or use a small pot with an inch or so of water in it, and a metal bowl. The chocolate should stay melted nice and smooth for as long as you need it this way. ;)

Thanks. I think the Mickey pops came out cute too.... until the chocolate. I agree the cheap chocolate and microwave were probably not the way to go. They are pretty tasty though. I will use a double boiler next time and better chocolate and hope it works out better. The kids were happy though they got a ton of Mickey Pops.

Signing on for the planning. You are getting married on my birthday, so I will remember the day. :goodvibes Don't forget to visit us at the Creative DISign forum. We have some very creative people there who will be willing to help you out. :thumbsup2 Congratulations on the Proposal. I remember how exciting it was "waiting" for it to happen. Now have fun planning for the wedding. :cloud9:
Penny:hippie:

Thanks for the welcome and will make sure to check out creative forum

Don't give up on crafting! It is a wonderful thing that can really make your wedding special. My very first attempt at making wedding invitations really did not go over well, but I stuck with it, and I am happy with how my final invitations turned out. I say Keep on trying!!

I am taking some time off, but I am sure I will continue.

Congrats on all of the signing and faxing! It must be so exciting for you - despite the bank hemorrhaging lol

Thanks we are soooo excited. I have a feeling that it will be awhile before the bank account stops hemorrhaging :lmao:

thanks for the giggle - I hope I'm as successful in reality as I am in my mind when this thing arrives! :rotfl:

I love the Cricut... it just takes sometime to get used to. I have hidden it away for awhile,but, it may return in a bit. Good luck with all your crafitng.

0720001017-1.jpg

I got my groom Mickey Ears. I love them.

Computer died, died, died this week. It is up and running,but, I think it is being held together only by gum and twine. All the contracts are signed and in. Randy Chapman will be our photographer, STD's will be on the way and I am now waiting for our planner to contact us. It looks like we are now locked into a Disney Wedding. There is no escape now for Jeff!!!!! We have less then a year to get everything done. It is kind of scarey since I know many of the brides have been planning for over year or two. I feel like I am behind the eight ball. I still have to pick out bridesmaid dresses and finalize our colors. We are thinking of Navy, yellow, and silver.... but keep going back and forth. I keep hoping David Tutera will show up on our doorstep and do a gay wedding.

I love David Tutera!!! I keep wishing he will show up at my doorstep too. My DF keeps telling me to contact him. I like your colors so far. I think they will look nice together!!

Computer died, died, died this week. It is up and running,but, I think it is being held together only by gum and twine. All the contracts are signed and in. Randy Chapman will be our photographer, STD's will be on the way and I am now waiting for our planner to contact us. It looks like we are now locked into a Disney Wedding. There is no escape now for Jeff!!!!! We have less then a year to get everything done. It is kind of scarey since I know many of the brides have been planning for over year or two. I feel like I am behind the eight ball. I still have to pick out bridesmaid dresses and finalize our colors. We are thinking of Navy, yellow, and silver.... but keep going back and forth. I keep hoping David Tutera will show up on our doorstep and do a gay wedding.

LOL...gum and twine :laughing:

I love David Tutera - I've seen that Disney Wedding show so many times that my husband stopped asking me "didn't you aleady see this one?" - instead he just rolls his eyes, smiles and walks back out of the room.

Don't worry about your time frame, things will all come together....

I love David Tutera!!! I keep wishing he will show up at my doorstep too. My DF keeps telling me to contact him. I like your colors so far. I think they will look nice together!!

Go for it.... contact David. You have nothing to lose but a few moments of your time.

LOL...gum and twine :laughing:

I love David Tutera - I've seen that Disney Wedding show so many times that my husband stopped asking me "didn't you aleady see this one?" - instead he just rolls his eyes, smiles and walks back out of the room.

Don't worry about your time frame, things will all come together....

You can never tire of his weddings. Even if you have seen them a thousand times it is like you are still seeing them for the first time. I am not going to worry to much about the time frame. That is one of the reasons we are going to Disney. I am just not an organized person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter