Jan 27, 2005 early roll call!!

Hi Fairygodmother,

I was a little apprehensive just because everyone says AKL is soooo far from the parks. But my DH and DD are really looking forward to waking up and looking at the animals. Our friends would have joined us at AKL but their mother is paying for the trip and wanted to stay at the Polynesian. Plus it might be nice to have the use of both hotels for both families. THis is mine and DH 2nd land/sea combo we went in May of 2000(I think that was the year! my memory is so bad!) We stayed at Port Orleans on that trip and cruised w/ porthole room. This trip we have booked a verendah and are in 6038.

Happy cruising!
Kasey

It was wonderful to stand on our balcony and see the animals. The hotel is very nice. My preferance, if I had an endless supply of money, is the GF. I was luck to stay there once and fell in love. Hope you have a great time.

Everyone have a safe and happy New Year. If I do not hear from anyone today I will be in touch next year.

dsnymomadopt2china said:
TMTIP,
If you were turning 40, I would almost be scared. As my birthday is the 18th and I am a travel agent also! But, I have been going to China collecting babies for the past 3 years(2 of them) which I was just doing the minimum amount of business to keep my brain somewhat active. So, I am sure this trip should inspire me. My dad's BD is the 24th and I haven't decided if I am going to decorate his cabin.
Have any of y'all ordered from Shirley? Were you happy? I thought I would do a prepacking trial a few weeks before and then order what I don't feel like dragging with us.
Amii

Amii-

We do have alot in common, but I have you by one year--I'll turn 41 on the 18th! Sounds like you have been busy traveling to China, I'm sure that that is exciting! My two girls are 8 & 10 years old, they keep me busy enough.

faireygod mother-

I know what you mean about the weather, last week with the bad weather we had over 14 inches of snow. We were suppose to leave to go snow skiing up at Massanutten but had to postpone our trip by one day because of the snow. And would'nt you know it, Massanutten did not get ANY snow, they only had the man-made stuff! We are hoping for some good weather for Florida and for the cruise.

KaseyBag-

Welcome to our group. We will just about be neighbors on the cruise, we have rooms 6052 & 6054. I'm sure we will see each other in the halls.

Well, can't wait to meet everyone, not much longer to wait. Happy New Year to you all.

dsnymomadopt2china said:
TMTIP,

Have any of y'all ordered from Shirley? Were you happy? I thought I would do a prepacking trial a few weeks before and then order what I don't feel like dragging with us.
Amii

Does Shirley do gift baskets? Someone tell me about how the gift basket thing works and how to get a good one. I'd love to have something there to surprise my family.
Thanks all!
Corinne

It is my understanding that Shirley will make whatever you want. You can even ship things to her to inckude. She delivers them to the ship and it is placed in your stateroom.

Hope this helps.

I made ours last cruise. I carried everything I wanted and a gift bag. I assembled them in the room and then left them for my DGD as if Minnie had left it for them. They loved it still have no idea it was me. In fact my son thought it was really from Minnie because my DDIL helped put it in their room.

Just an option.

I am thinking of doing one this time for my DH

Hi, there.

Add one more couple in for this cruise. My wife and I are going to sneak away from work for a couple of days to get away from the January weather in New England!

I forget which cruise this is for us - either #4 or 5 on DCL. We've done RCL, NCL, Royal Majesty, etc... and DCL makes them all look like amateurs. Disney for us!

Is anyone planning to give the Nassau excursions a miss and go around on your own? None of the excursions looked all that interesting, so I was wondering what to do in Nassau while there. I've been to Atlantis before, so that's out - what is a good "roll your own" day excursion? Any suggestions?

Thanks & see you aboard ship.

Ross
:moped:

Welcome. We are goign to do the zoo excursion because it is a sample of NAssau. I have only done excursions and have no other suggestions, sorry.

We are not planning any shore excursions this time around. My parents are going on this trip with us and they would not be up to any excursions. We are just going to do a little shopping in town and then get back on the ship and enjoy it. :flower1:

I so agree. I just want to be able to have a nice day at castaway cay. Here is a little pixie dust to help :wizard: or a bottle to rub :genie: What ever works may mother nature be good to us. :boat:

Okay, am I the only one who is so excited. The weather is looking good these past few days, maybe it will hold out for us.

My 4 year old daughter and I can hardly stand the wait!! It's the constant topic of conversation. She has informed me that she will eat dinner with me on "one night" and the other nights she'll be with her "friends at the club." Should I be sad??? :) PLus, my kids water shoes from last season still fit! We tried them on yesterday and the kids left them on all morning, they are so excited! Man, can the days go by faster please???

I know what you mean. The only people I can talk to about this is you guys and my sister and brother, except we work opposite shifts and it is hard to catch them. I will be glad when I can let the surprise out of the bag. That is only adding to my anticipation. I have to be careful not to slip when talking to my DH. Trust me that is hard sometimes.

21 days and counting. YEAH!

Okay, am I the only one excited about going? This is a quiet bunch. Who has begun packing. I did some more last night and have a list of item I must steal this weekend from his laundry.

I read that at about 11pm we can see the magic and wonder pass each other so I am packing binoculars as well. I have never seen that before and really want to try to this time.

So ar everyone is talking about the good weather, hope it holds up for us as well. I am sending some pixie dust to mother nature so we at least have a nice day while at CC :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Well, two more will be joining you for the 27th. It is my husband's 30 bday on the 27th, and he wants to go on a cruise (well, I kinda of talked it up to him) to celebrate! I just booked on Sunday. Hoping for smooth seas and great weather!!!

Which night at 11 p.m can you see the Magic? That would be neat -- do you know which side of the ship?

Well, 3 weeks from tonight we will be going to the Sail Away Party from Nassau heading to Castaway Cay!!!! YEAH!!!!! :boat:

Welcome.

It is on Saturday Night. The magic is heading out to sea and we will be heading home. I am not sure about what side. I will post tomorrow and see if anyone can tell me.

We are going for my Dh's birthday as well. Exceot he does not know about it, yet.

Faireygod mother and all,
I share everyones enthusiasm! It is brown ugly and cold here in Denver-I can't wait to see live vegetation!!
Did anyone request servers this time? I was going to call in all my requests on Monday.
I think I am going to try the bus to cable beach, anyone else going to do that? I plan to be back for lunch and just relax on the ship while my dh and dbs be swim with the stingrays.
:cool1: 18 days!!

I just looked at the Wonder in dock and thought we will be on that in less than 3 weeks. I have still kept the surprise and have resumed to stealing DH's clothes out of the laundry. Poor guy, he is going to think he is losing his mind by time this is all over. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter