Jan/Feb or March/April, etc..

Oh no, really?

i actually don’t know how to ride one - I was hoping they’d have someone to take people out...I love being out on the open Ocean, the wind in my face. Do they have anything like that there? I suppose maybe they have that at the Nassau stop (or Grand Cayman)

Thanks !
If you sail they have Hobie Cats...though both times they have cancelled on us so we've never actually gotten out there.

I agree. It was like 72 the day we were on Castaway Cay and a light rain. We snorkeled all morning in the rain, and it was cool when we got out. But hat a nice hot lunch, and road bikes most of the afternoon. But it clearly was too cool and too wet for many who were back on the ship by noon, or who never got off the ship.
A good point here that maybe you didn't even intend to make. During the warmer months, it can be challenging to enjoy all the other things Castaway Cay has to offer without sweating buckets. Cooler temps make it more pleasant to ride the bikes, explore the paths out to the observation tower, and maybe even take part in the 5K.

If you sail they have Hobie Cats...though both times they have cancelled on us so we've never actually gotten out there.
the only water activities I can do are pretty much the ones where there’s an instructor or it’s a group activity, lol

A good point here that maybe you didn't even intend to make. During the warmer months, it can be challenging to enjoy all the other things Castaway Cay has to offer without sweating buckets. Cooler temps make it more pleasant to ride the bikes, explore the paths out to the observation tower, and maybe even take part in the 5K.
I much prefer cooler temps - so as long as I can still do water activities, February or early March seems kind of perfect,

I much prefer cooler temps - so as long as I can still do water activities, February or early March seems kind of perfect,
We had great air temps for all of our Jan and March cruises, in the mid to high 70s at CC.

I was on the Wish last year and rode the Aquamouse alone many times. It is not like some of the rides at the water parks where they need more folks to be in the raft.
I have ridden AquaMouse solo as well. They will require double riders, though, if it's windy (that happened to me and I almost didn't get to ride, but they had just lifted the restriction right before it was my turn).

So you can ride AquaMouse solo, but only in good conditions.

We had great air temps for all of our Jan and March cruises, in the mid to high 70s at CC.
Ooh, that’s perfect!

I’m considering either of two dates (2/5-2/9, or 2/26-3/1..not sure if that’s spring break) on Wish.,,Weather is always changeable, but I’m comfortable with Jan through March.

I have ridden AquaMouse solo as well. They will require double riders, though, if it's windy (that happened to me and I almost didn't get to ride, but they had just lifted the restriction right before it was my turn).

So you can ride AquaMouse solo, but only in good conditions.
Thank you - that’s great news !

I did the Waverunner excursion at Castaway many years ago. We rode out to a sand bar, spent a little time off the vehicle, enjoying the shallow, clear water of the Bahamas.

I had no prior experience and no motorcycle experience, either. It did not matter. What I learned from it, though (same applies to ATVs) - it is an athletic activity. Look for an excursion that is limited time, not multiple hours. The hardest part for me was crawling into the runner. If you fall off in not-shallow water, you have to pull yourself up onto the back.

Check out excursion sites like Viator to see what sells well (and has good reviews). Nassau does have providers of this. The #1 rated company has this photo of their destination. They go out to Cabbage Beach.

I’m guessing the Wish won’t take you to the Caymans, if it is still doing 3- and 4- night Bahamas cruises?

It was fun flying across the water. Hope you get to someday, also.

IMG_5869.jpeg

I did the Waverunner excursion at Castaway many years ago. We rode out to a sand bar, spent a little time off the vehicle, enjoying the shallow, clear water of the Bahamas.

I had no prior experience and no motorcycle experience, either. It did not matter. What I learned from it, though (same applies to ATVs) - it is an athletic activity. Look for an excursion that is limited time, not multiple hours. The hardest part for me was crawling into the runner. If you fall off in not-shallow water, you have to pull yourself up onto the back.

Check out excursion sites like Viator to see what sells well (and has good reviews). Nassau does have providers of this. The #1 rated company has this photo of their destination. They go out to Cabbage Beach.

I’m guessing the Wish won’t take you to the Caymans, if it is still doing 3- and 4- night Bahamas cruises?

It was fun flying across the water. Hope you get to someday, also.

View attachment 809275

Wow, this helps a lot! Once I book, I definitely will do research on activities. I’m a klutz, and I can just imagine myself having trouble getting myself back on, lol. But it’s worth it to be able to fly over the water..there’s nothing like it..

Thank you!

Wow, this helps a lot! Once I book, I definitely will do research on activities. I’m a klutz, and I can just imagine myself having trouble getting myself back on, lol. But it’s worth it to be able to fly over the water..there’s nothing like it..

Thank you!
It gives you some time to build up those upper body muscles. Disney may not offer an excursion, but I (and thousands of others) have had good success with independent vendors.

It gives you some time to build up those upper body muscles. Disney may not offer an excursion, but I (and thousands of others) have had good success with independent vendors.
😀😀😀😀😀

I don’t think I’ve ever used an outside vendor, but I might do so here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter