January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We received conflicting news yesterday. My MIL has now decided to be with us for 2 days of Disney out of our 13 day trip.

Originally our trip was to be with 16 other extended family members. One by one they couldn't come due to this and that, which left only our family going. We then planned out each day and made all our ADRs, some at what others are saying hard to obtain places or times.

Now my MIL is going to be in Florida for one of the weeks we are there visiting her parents, and willing to drive up to stay off site and spend 2 days at Disney with us.

We of course are ecstatic that we can have alone time with just her at Disney. Our problem (yes DH has the same hesitations) is that she doesn't like all parks equally and can we change ADRs to add one more person even though she will be paying OOP and not on the DP? We might have to change around our plans too. This is doable, just a shock that came unexpectedly. We will hold off on changing any of our reservations until we know she is definitely going and what exact dates she will be there for.

I want to stress that we are happy to have her be with us for 2 full days of Disney. Last trip she went most often with DH's sister's family, thus we have her all to ourselves for this trip.

Thanks Remmy

Well at least you are getting a heads up now when there is at least some time to figure things out. This way you can actually have time to look through the schedule and see what's flexible, instead of it being the last minute and then you'd just look like a crazy woman trying to change everything:rotfl:

HI!!!! I left yesterday and come back to a new nest!!!!! WOW!! We are really flying!!Also,---I am loving my ticker!!! I think it's finally moving!!!!! :yay: :cheer2:

Well, my hubby(since we are bragging) took me to the mall yesterday and bought me JEANS!!Remember when we had the blue jean discussion a while back? Well, I hate shopping for me-I am a weird fit, anyway, we went to Buckle. Loooove those jeans!!So, that was great. Well, I usually go to the mall during the week-lots less people. Oh my---it was packed and one girl checking us out said'Well, it' the first official Christmas shopping weekend" . I didn't know that. Did you? Well, here I am practically finished;) I would have thought the first weekend of November:confused3

Okay, are we going to be at Part IV before our trips? HeHe~~

Really? Who knew...:rolleyes1 . Luckily christmas shopping in my family isn't some big production. We started to do "Secret Santa" just in our immediate family a few years ago. So we put a limit and say about $50 for your person and that's it. We like this too because the past few years we've gone to Disney so close to Christmas. So we like to spend less on Christmas and more at Disney!!!:woohoo:

Good morning all! They are calling for snow here in Cleveland, but I take pride in the fact that I am getting closer and closer to my Disney trip in January! I started my Christmas shopping this past friday and I am currently redecorating my house! Lots of projects to keep me busy until Jan 11 :)

This one is for our 2 newest Snowbirds who are staying at CBR (and me!) :goodvibes

CBR Food Court ~ Old Port Royale

Breakfast is 6:30 am - 11:30 am

You get your food from various shops set up along the Market Street Food Court.
After selecting your items, go to the central cash registers to pay.

Adult Breakfast Platter - eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes $7.19
Bounty Breakfast Platter - eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuit, french toast $8.29
French Toast with bacon or sausage $5.19
Side of Bacon or Sausage $1.99
Oatmeal or grits $2.49
Fruit Cup $2.99

Mickey Waffle with bacon or sausage and fruit topping $6.69
Mickey Waffle with fruit topping $5.59
Croissant Sandwich with cheese and bacon $5.99

Ham and Cheese Omelet $6.69
Western Omelet $6.69
Cheese Omelet $6.69
Note: As of our last menu update, you could order your omelets with egg beaters, egg whites only or fresh cracked eggs. Bacon and Mushrooms were also available upon request.

Pancakes with bacon or sausage $5.19
Chocolate chip pancakes with bacon or sausage $6.19
Strawberry Pancakes $5.09

For Guests 9 and under
Includes small 1% milk, bottled water or juice
Child's Breakfast Platter $4.09
Mickey Waffles with bacon or sausage $4.09
Pancakes with bacon or sausage $4.09

Souvenir Mug - Unlimited Length of Stay Refills at Caribbean Beach Resort $12.49 + tax. Your choice of regular or travel size mugs.

Free refill items available for mugs include: soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, and hot and iced teas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunch/Dinner

Deli

Chicken Noodle or Hearty Vegetable soup $2.59

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich $7.99
Reuben Sandwich $7.09
Greek Salad $5.99
Oriental Chicken Salad $7.19
Turkey BLT Sandwich $6.19

Sandwiches include choice of chips or pasta salad

Kid's Pick for Guests 9 and Under

All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, applesauce. Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice. Chocolate Chip Cookie, Fries or Soft Drink available on request

Grilled Cheese $3.99

Bridgetown Broiler
Dinner Only 5 pm to 10 pm

Choice of 2 sides with each Entree: Corn, Vegetable Medley,
broccoli, yellow rice or mashed potatoes

Rotisserie Chicken $9.09
Roasted Turkey $8.99
Roasted Pork $8.99
Pan Seared Salmon $9.09
Vegetable Platter $6.99

All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, applesauce. Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice. Chocolate Chip Cookie, Fries or Soft Drink available on request

Chiken Drumstick or Mac and Cheese $4.49

Old Port Royale Hamburger Shop

Cheeseburger $5.89
Hot dog $5.79
Bacon Double Cheeseburger $7.59
Chicken Breast Nuggets $7.59
Grilled Chicken Sandwich $7.19
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich $6.49
Chili Cheese Hog Dog $6.99

Sandwiches include choice of fries or pasta salad

Tropical Smoothies $3.99

Chicken Nugget Bucket $5.19

Pizza and Pasta Shop

16 inch Cheese Pizza $13.99
16 inch Pepperoni Pizza $15.49

Soup - Tomato Florentine or Hearty Vegetable $2.59
Breadsticks $1.89

Vegetarian Baked Ziti $6.89
Individual Cheese Pizza with Salad $7.99
Individual Cheese Pizza $5.99
Individual Pepperoni Pizza with Salad $8.09
Individual Pepperoni Pizza $6.09
Fettuccini Pasta with Grilled Chicken $8.19
Hand-tossed chicken caesar salad $7.19
Meatball Sub $6.19

Pasta Marinara with meatball $4.49
Pita Pizza $4.49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab-N-Go Market

Assorted pre-packaged snacks, salads and drinks.

Souvenir Mug - Unlimited Length of Stay Refills at Caribbean Beach Resort $12.49 + tax.

Free refill items available for mugs include: soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, and hot and iced teas.

Good morning all! They are calling for snow here in Cleveland, but I take pride in the fact that I am getting closer and closer to my Disney trip in January! I started my Christmas shopping this past friday and I am currently redecorating my house! Lots of projects to keep me busy until Jan 11 :)

Got you updated! :thumbsup2

Hi all,

I am so excited. My mom and I are headed to Caribbean Beach Resort(Hopfully Aruba) to celebrate New Year's and the completion of my student teaching.
So far we have reservations for:
12/29 Garden Grill @ 7:40

12/30 Hollywood and Vine @ 3:30 (Fantasmic Dinner Package)

12/31 Boma's @ 7:40 ( not 100% sure on this one)

1/4 Chef Mickeys @ 10:00

Does anyone have any other options for New Years Eve Dinner?
We also really want to eat at Le Celluar(sp?) but it is all booked up. Any suggestions?

Molly

:welcome: and congrats! Are you teaching in the msp area? I'm in Oakdale. Just curious!

Oh yeah, for those of you who didn't go back to Part II - I have a weather update:

IT'S SNOWING IN ST. PAUL, MN!!!
:eek: :scared1:
For those of you east of here - look out, it's coming your way!!

I'm going to stay in and clean today!

Congratulations on the new thread!

Just wondering--Are any of you DIS Podcast fans? I look forward to each week to a new podcast and a new email show. If you haven't ever listened, check them out! They are fun and informative and I probably learn something new about Disney each time I listen.

Boy its hard to keep up with two Snowbird threads...you guys keep me hopping around!!

Not sure if I should say congrats or ewww to all the snow LOL!! Definitely not something I have to worry about down here in Florida LOL!!!

Hope you are all having a great Sunday!! Just got home from church and will get to relax a bit before we head back out...its a busy day for us LOL!!

Congratulations on the new thread!

Just wondering--Are any of you DIS Podcast fans? I look forward to each week to a new podcast and a new email show. If you haven't ever listened, check them out! They are fun and informative and I probably learn something new about Disney each time I listen.

I have only listened to one podcast, but I greatly enjoyed it!! I intend to download quite a few of the episodes and listen to them on the drive to Orlando to keep in a Disney frame of mind!

Oh yeah, for those of you who didn't go back to Part II - I have a weather update:

IT'S SNOWING IN ST. PAUL, MN!!!
:eek: :scared1:
For those of you east of here - look out, it's coming your way!!

I'm going to stay in and clean today!

Yep, I'm in WI and when I left the grocery store, I saw the "S" word. Not happy.:mad: :headache:

WOW! I haven't checked in for a day and I come back to a whole new thread!

Nice to be back for Part III. I love that our list keeps growing and growing! Welcome to the new Snowbirds.

Late night last night watching sports. Fortunately I wasn't disappointed. Both the Phillies and Penn State came out on top!

I am so sorry for those of you getting snow today :( I hope it's not too much. It's a gorgeous day here in South Central PA. We spent the morning in Hershey. It is a perfect fall day here.

Crap! I can't stand snow!!!

Our temp is still 55 degrees at the moment, but every time I look at the thermometer, it drops! About 30 minutes ago, it was 57 degrees. :scared1:

I am not ready for this!!!

Just got home from the first soccer game. It sure was windy and cold. But at least it was dry! And DS9's team won against an undefeated team!! :woohoo: It was great!

Now I get to warm up for an hour and then head back out for DS7's game. :goodvibes

Just got home from the first soccer game. It sure was windy and cold. But at least it was dry! And DS9's team won against an undefeated team!! :woohoo: It was great!

Now I get to warm up for an hour and then head back out for DS7's game. :goodvibes

WAY TO GO DS9!!! :woohoo: Tell him congrats! Was this his last game?

Congrats on your son's win!! Way to end the season!!!! Good luck to your other son for his game!

Yay for Shelly's DS!

I, for one, love snow...in December!!! I was born and raised in MN, so I like winter (and I don't ski or snowmobile either) and need the change of seasons. But Winter is one season that just lasts TOO LONG! I only want snow from December 1 - about February. Then I'm sick of it. That is why we head to WDW at the end of January. It is good for my mental health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter