January 2011 car rental

traveljunkie2

Mouseketeer
Please post your car rental deals here! Please include any discount codes you used.

I booked a full size crossover through National for $199/wk. Total price for 10 days (Jan 22-Feb. 1) is $366.70. The only discount/code I used was the Emerald Club membership.

I am watching the rates because we no longer need a car that seats 5 plus cargo room for an ECV. My mom decided not to make the trip, so we only need to seat 2 adults & 2 kids. I'm hoping for a great deal on a compact.

I just booked a compact with Dollar for $106.25/wk. The total for 10 days is $231.19. Used one the City Specials that pops up after you enter your dates.

Does anyone know when the Costco coupons will be extended?? All the ones I've looked at expire in December, 2010.
TIA!! :goodvibes

DH has decided that he wants to book a midsize with National, hoping that they will have something roomier available on the Emerald Aisle. So I booked 10 days for $284. I'm planning to use a $40 rental coupon that will come by email sometime before the trip. That will bring it down to $244, only $13 more than the compact with Dollar, and we won't have to pay for an extra driver.

We're keeping an eye on rental prices for January, too. We haven't booked yet, but I'll come back to post when we do.

I used the carrentalsavers link....got a compact for 9 days for 217.80 grand total with taxes. I booked alamo. Will keep checking to see if the price will come down. Going January 8th

I booked a full size SUV (Jan 24-30) using ent. book coupon and code for $276 thru Alamo. Its been that price for a while for mini vans and smaller SUV's.

I booked a full size SUV (Jan 24-30) using ent. book coupon and code for $276 thru Alamo. Its been that price for a while for mini vans and smaller SUV's.

I also have a ent. book. What coupon did you use? I have been fooling around with my coupons but can't get near anything that good. could you just give me the code?

Thanks

I can't match this as well. Which code and coupon did you use?

National is offering a full size crossover (listed as a Dodge Journey) for $199/wk. With taxes & fees it comes to $264. If you sign up for the Emerald Club you will get email coupons. They usually have $40 off/wk pretty regularly. You get another 10% off for being a member.

I booked with National Emerald Isle midsize for 15 days last week of Jan. 1st week of Feb. for $397 with Contential Airlines code. National will have coupons coming out for that time, so I'll just wait and see. We've used Emerald Isle for our past 4 rentals and have been lucky to get full size cars, vans and mid size suv's. They have worked out the best lately.. Thanks for your info on your rentals.. :surfweb:

I booked from National through the carrentalsavers site and got a convertible for a week for $150.00 total. I didn't think that was too bad.

I booked with National for the base price of $159 a week (midsize--Executive Aisle) before taxes and discounts. It's a fair price. I can add a coupon later when they are released for that timeframe. Since the base price currently is well over $200 a week for a midsize, it's better to book this rental now. We are there for 2 weeks. I've always found decent rates for January, so not really concerned. However, if you want to see something scarey, try putting in some dates for October on Alamo or National and you will see some mightly expensive rentals and none will honor any current coupons.

Most likely I booked with codes 5007125 or 5007160. No coupon yet.

I have a reservation with Alamo, Jan 21-31, Compact for $192 all taxes and fees in. Used Costco ID and $25 off from Costco's website

Try this
http://www.carrentalsavers.com/florida-car-rental.html
We always get the best prices here. They show a compact at Dollar for $125 for your dates

Thank you, Thank you for posting this website.:thumbsup2 We have been looking at MiniVans for Jan 6-13th and all have been over $500 with tax and fees and with this website I got a minivan for $302. Thanks again it is really appreciated.:worship: Maybe as the dates get closer it will even get cheaper. I got a midsize using Alamo codes 2 weeks before our trip in Sept(for a week) for $97 with tax. So the codes are out there you just have to check frequently. Thanks again

I got an econo car from Alamo Jan 28th for $33.60 with 299851 Code. Then Feb 5th from Budget $35.00 with Y937800 code. Both for a day. We are only using them for a few hours, we are heading to Port Canaveral for a cruise and it is cheaper to do it this way than pay for transportation to and from. Gas from Orlando to Port Canaveral is dirt cheap in an econo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter