January 2023 park hours?

tjb1055

Mouseketeer
At what point do you think we will see any UO/IOA park hours for January 2023? We have a trip planned that goes into that first week on January where I keep looking for park hours with no luck.

Thanks!

We're in the same boat - arrive December 30th, stay until January 5th. Usually, lately, the hours are posted about 30 days out. The December ones went up a bit earlier that that - I think mid-October - which makes sense given how popular that time of year is.

In previous years, the hours go back to "normal" the first week of January, as crowds abate. Normal meaning along the lines of 9AM-7PM or so weekdays, but I am wondering if this year will be different, as the Christmas break for many schools comes "late" this year. That is, many children, like here in Canada, don't have to return to school until January 9th - last year it was the 2nd (as they were let out a full week before Christmas itself). So that means - for some - freedom to travel that first week of January.

Don't know if that will actually mean higher crowds in the parks, or longer hours in response. Me, after what is sure to be chaos the weekend of the 31st/1st, I'll take shorter hours if it means fewer people.

We're in the same boat - arrive December 30th, stay until January 5th. Usually, lately, the hours are posted about 30 days out. The December ones went up a bit earlier that that - I think mid-October - which makes sense given how popular that time of year is.

In previous years, the hours go back to "normal" the first week of January, as crowds abate. Normal meaning along the lines of 9AM-7PM or so weekdays, but I am wondering if this year will be different, as the Christmas break for many schools comes "late" this year. That is, many children, like here in Canada, don't have to return to school until January 9th - last year it was the 2nd (as they were let out a full week before Christmas itself). So that means - for some - freedom to travel that first week of January.

Don't know if that will actually mean higher crowds in the parks, or longer hours in response. Me, after what is sure to be chaos the weekend of the 31st/1st, I'll take shorter hours if it means fewer people.
Good to know that the usual is about a month in advance. Thank you!

I agree that my guess for most weekday hours starting 1/2 will be about 9am-7pm. Definitely curious what the hours will be on New Year’s Day, though.

For New Year’s Day - given that’s on a Sunday I’d bet on a 10PM close.

The next day, Monday, is an interesting one. That’s the day that a lot of people that work weekdays get off for New Years, meaning a long weekend. Wonder if that means later close (and bigger crowds).

For New Year’s Day - given that’s on a Sunday I’d bet on a 10PM close.

The next day, Monday, is an interesting one. That’s the day that a lot of people that work weekdays get off for New Years, meaning a long weekend. Wonder if that means later close (and bigger crowds).
Sure would be nice to know soon!!

The last week of January 2022, I think the parks closed at 5 on weekdays. That worked fine for us, as we're older and like to eat off property (we stay in our timeshare). I think it was open later on the weekends, but we fly Sat - Sat, so we were in the parks mostly during the week.

For the first week of January (when we’re there) Touring Plans is predicting long hours, closing at 10PM every day. They also predict higher crowds, 7/10 most days, and a 9/10 (ouch) on Monday the 2nd.

Course these are educated guesses at this point, but would point to a lot of people having that week off as a result of a “later” Christmas school break.

I may be stalking the app every day (several times a day, actually). This is silly, as I'm only going starting Jan 30, and will also need February hours, but this is driving me nuts!
Me too. I am looking multiple times a day.

I am hoping they will have something posted this week since January 1st will be within a month by the end of this week!

Well something must be happening. The CityWalk hours for Sunday January 1st are up! Progress!
Unfortunately - at least on the app - I think these hours have been up for a bit - at least a few days.

Either way, we're less than a month out. Getting a little antsy here.

I've been seeing the CityWalk hours for at least a week.

My guess at this point is that they'll release the park hours 30 days before, not one month, which would be tomorrow. I guess we have to (impatiently) wait and see!

Looks like all of January is up for the Studios, and they're still working on IOA. Nothing yet for VB, or early entry.

Based on the hours for the first week, seems they're anticipating pretty decent crowds, as both sides are open to 9PM.

I was coming here to say this! I wish they would release the whole month already, we're checking in on 01/30...

Looks like all of January is up for the Studios, and they're still working on IOA. Nothing yet for VB, or early entry.

Based on the hours for the first week, seems they're anticipating pretty decent crowds, as both sides are open to 9PM.
The app has the whole month for all 3 parks. Early entry at IOA.

Does anybody know what the heck is going on January 20th at IOA? They are closing the park at 1 pm that day, I sincerely hope that is a mistake cause that is one of my days there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter