January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Does anyone have an idea what deluxe resorts and savings were offered for the Visa discount? I'm thinking that I may need to convince hubby that we can 'save' so much if we stay at BCR or BWI! :stitch2:

I cut 35% off our room at the Yacht Club with the Visa discount, the CM was even impressed with my discount. Very worth it !!

You guys might be able to help me.

This is my first time booking disney resorts.. ussually we are doing the Swan through Costco. So I have no idea of value. My husband upgraded his ticket to an annual pass, and I will use my ticket through Costco for our upcoming stay in september.

What is a good price for the deluxe resorts? I got a split stay booked, Friday throught Sunday (9 nights), 6 nights at the beach club (303 a night) and 3 night at the AKL (284 a night) for a total out the door of $2900.

Is that decent?

This is my first time booking disney resorts.. ussually we are doing the Swan through Costco. So I have no idea of value. My husband upgraded his ticket to an annual pass, and I will use my ticket through Costco for our upcoming stay in september.

What is a good price for the deluxe resorts? I got a split stay booked, Friday throught Sunday (9 nights), 6 nights at the beach club (303 a night) and 3 night at the AKL (284 a night) for a total out the door of $2900.

Is that decent?

Well, it's subjective, but I'd say yes, that's a good price for a Deluxe Resort! We have WL booked for $378 a night - I wish I could get it under $300!

Yes

Is that decent?
Yes that is a good price. Average of 322 per night. We did 3 at BC and 3 at YC for average of 316 per night. Would like to try AKL sometime. Its beautiful there. But we want to be near International Festival of the Arts.

I am thrilled with the Disney Visa offer. 35% off at AKl put me around $220 a night...thats even cheaper than the agency exclusive i had booked at beach club. I'm a little worried about transport but with all the money I saved I can spring on Minnie vans a few timez

Did you have another discount on top of the Visa? Standard AKL rooms are coming up $278 with the Visa discount online.

Edit: oops, forgot to take into consideration you could have different dates than I'm looking at.

Last edited:
For the Disney Visa offer (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/) has anyone gotten the below free ticket day portion to work? The room-discount portion worked great, but not having success getting portion to reflect in the ticket or package pricing. Is there a trick that I am missing?

"Plus, when you upgrade to a room and ticket package that includes a minimum 5-day theme park tickets with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, you get one more day added to the ticket day, FREE.*

Ugh! I didn't even notice hat was part of the offer. I figured I'd just add my tickets as we got closer to our trip! I just looked to see if I could figure out how to add it, but I couldn't. I guess we will have to call in to add tickets then.

I cut 35% off our room at the Yacht Club with the Visa discount, the CM was even impressed with my discount. Very worth it !!
We are staying at YC as well.
It's a great discount there! unfortunately I could only find the last the days st the visa rate. I booked it anyway. So I now have one ressi with my full 7 days and a three day one at YC hoping to find rooms available for the first 4 with the discount now!

Is it bad when the discount is so good that you just go and make a reservation even when you already have a trip coming up in just a few weeks???

For now, we have a YC reservation for the end of January. 35% is a great discount. Of course, now I'm contemplating upgrading to Premier APs, since we are already AP-holders at DLR. So bad, and yet...it feels so good!

Is it bad when the discount is so good that you just go and make a reservation even when you already have a trip coming up in just a few weeks???

For now, we have a YC reservation for the end of January. 35% is a great discount. Of course, now I'm contemplating upgrading to Premier APs, since we are already AP-holders at DLR. So bad, and yet...it feels so good!

It IS such a good discount! I have 25% discount at YC where we are staying for
7 nights in the middle of January. Pretty good, but I want the 35%! Lol! I was able to get three of the nights at the end of our trip, but I can't seem to get the first 4 even at rack rate. Does anyone know if/they open up more rooms or is that it unless someone drops a reservation?

Actually already booked through the UK-website but considering to cancel that and book through the US-website. My current deal is 3800$ for 9 days Saratoga Springs, 14 days worth of tickets with hopper and water parks and memory maker, including the Disney Dining Plan. I could book the Caribbean Beach Resort for about 3600 $ with tickets, hopper and water parks. SSR is a deluxe and CBR a moderate but the lack of theming in SSR had made me doubt my decision to go there. Other deluxe resorts would be about 1000 $ more so that isn't an option either. October 19 the new UK-deals will come through though, so I'm still a bit hesitant to book right away.

Actually already booked through the UK-website but considering to cancel that and book through the US-website. My current deal is 3800$ for 9 days Saratoga Springs, 14 days worth of tickets with hopper and water parks and memory maker, including the Disney Dining Plan. I could book the Caribbean Beach Resort for about 3600 $ with tickets, hopper and water parks. SSR is a deluxe and CBR a moderate but the lack of theming in SSR had made me doubt my decision to go there. Other deluxe resorts would be about 1000 $ more so that isn't an option either. October 19 the new UK-deals will come through though, so I'm still a bit hesitant to book right away.

Major construction at CBR. I'd skip it. Doesn't seem to be a big enough savings to deal with that level of construction to me.

I would stick with Saratoaga Springs this trip!

Last night I was messing around just looking at what was actually still available with SPD and I snagged Coronado Springs SPD for our trip rather than a full price at Pop and saved about $250 so I am content!

New deals are definitely popping up here and there. I was able to snag a POR Royal Room with PSD this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter