Jazz Hands & Pixiedust..go together like PB&J! Oct 2013 TR, 8/30/14 Update SOON

We are now driving down next year so no ME for us.......at least we should get a clear shot at the Disney sign.:)

LOVE it! :thumbsup2

We are now driving down next year so no ME for us.......at least we should get a clear shot at the Disney sign.:)

You know...there is much to be said for both! I really liked ME because it was totally stress free and also a NEW experience. I also love driving onto property and snapping that awesome pic of the welcome wign. The part I don't like is the 14-15 hours BEFORE passing under that sign! :faint:

Happy Halloween to you too Mo! Jack Skellington is one of my favorite characters! So cool!

Yay! So many great moments in that update... ME, the welcome sign, the castle shot... all the signs that let you know you're really, truly at WDW! pixiedust:

LOVE it! :thumbsup2

You know...there is much to be said for both! I really liked ME because it was totally stress free and also a NEW experience. I also love driving onto property and snapping that awesome pic of the welcome wign. The part I don't like is the 14-15 hours BEFORE passing under that sign! :faint:

Happy Halloween to you too Mo! Jack Skellington is one of my favorite characters! So cool!

Well I think my DH and I are going a couple days early he wants to check out the dark side.........:angel:

We interrupt this regularly scheduled TR for a special DISmeet mini report!

On Saturday, I had the opportunity to meet a fellow DISer OopsiDaisy! We've been talking about this DISmeet for a few months, and we were even in Disney at the same time back in October, but our days/parks didn't overlap. Oopsi and I only live a few hours from each other and so we decided to meet at the OpryMills Mall in Nashville, TN.

We left home about 8:00am EST (9:00am CST). It was a beautiful morning for a drive and seeing all the fall colors on the trees made it even better. we grabbed some Wendy's for breakfast before hitting the road and then we were on our way.

Before long we saw this:

We arrived at the mall at about 9:40am CST. Just enough time to take a restroom break and wander down to the Disney Store to meet Oopsi and her family. We met Oopsi and her kiddos, as well as QuackAttack and her son. We headed in the the Disney Store to do a little shopping. I ended up buying a white Tinkerbell Zip-Up Hoodie for $25. Did I mention the Disney Store in Opry Mills is an Outlet store? Yep...a good deal on that hoodie. Caden of course wanted half the store, but settled on this:

After the Disney Store, we headed over to the LEGO store. Caden was VERY excited for this, and had already hit it off with Gabe (Oopsi's son). They had a good time playing and building in the store.

That's Caden on the left and Gabe on the right. And that's Charity photo-bombing in the background. :)

Caden and Gabe both worked hard on their minifigures and wanted me to take their picture too.

Caden filled a bucket with LEGOs for $7.99. I ended up having a $5.00 reward on our LEGO VIP card, so we ended up with all these LEGOs for $3.00. I LOVE a good DEAL!

After we left the LEGO store we realized that we had not taken a group picture so we headed back down in front of Disney to snap these:

The whole group (except for Wayne)...he was snapping the pictures!

Gabe stayed in the pic with us since him and Caden seemed to be inseparable. Now...notice the Disney bag laying on the floor in the background? Just remember that for later!

After pictures, QuackAttack and the older kids all headed off to wander the mall. Meanwhile, Oopsi and I headed to the play area with Gabe and Caden. These boys were INSTANT friends and I think they really had a GREAT time playing together.

The kids played for about an hour and Oopsi and I had a nice time just chatting about life, Disney and everything in between. It was really a WONDERFUL DISmeet. Connie and I had great conversation, Gabe and Caden had an AWESOME time playing together, and I got to check out a fun new mall! All around it was a great day! QuackAttack and the older kids returned and the boys were finished playing. We said our goodbye's and parted ways! :(

I will have to finish the details of the rest of our day in the next post. Too many pics...

Link to PART 2 of the DISmeet

I was posting mine at the SAME TIME!!! You got some fantastic pictures! :thumbsup2 I am so afraid to find out what happened with that Disney bag in the picture!!! :guilty:

So...when I left off...we had just parted ways with Oopsi, Quackattack and their families. We were sad to see them go, but we also had more exploring to do in this HUGE mall! :cool1:

So...we parted ways and started making our way to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. About halfway there, I looked at Wayne and said "Where are our bags?" Wayne was the last one to have them and he was not currently carrying them. He just kinda shrugged :confused3 and said he wasn't sure...maybe in the play area? As we were walking (RUNNING) back through the mall he said he didn't think that he had them in the play area and must have left them in front of the Disney Store while we were snapping pictures! :crazy2::scared1: That had been over an hour and a half ago and surely they were LONG GONE. We made our way to the Disney Store and of course they were gone! I was really on the verge of tears and disappointed. Caden's new Lion King figures, my new hoodie, and our LEGOS were all inside. We entered the Disney Store and asked one of the CMs working the register. She just smiled and said "I knew you'd come back." She told us that she saw us taking pictures and noticed that we left the bags. She had gone to pick them up and said that we were NOWHERE in sight. She laughed that we don't stay in one place too long! :lmao: So...CRISIS AVERTED...we had our bag with everything inside! :faint:

After the panic and sprint through the mall we leisurely made our way back to Rainforest Cafe. It was a 40 minute wait, but they took our cell # to text us when our table was ready. We wandered through the mall a bit, making note of stores we wanted to return to after lunch. Our table was ready after about 35 minutes and we headed in for lunch.

The view from our table!

Shooting stars...of course I made a wish! pixiedust:

My lunch: Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini with peas, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms in an alfredo sauce.

It was delicious!

Caden's lunch: Pepperoni Pizza

Wayne's lunch: Fish Tacos (Wayne said they were awesome).

We are not big dessert eaters, but Oopsi had recommended the Volcano, so we had to try it. It was VERY rich (but good). However...even between the 3 of us we couldn't finish it!

After lunch we explored the rest of the mall...which took SEVERAL hours. This place is seriously HUGE! The only other thing I took pictures of is Caden's trip to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. Caden has never been to Build-A-Bear and I had no idea he was interested. He begged to go inside and build a bear, but I wasn't sure about pricing. After all...Christmas is just around the corner. We went inside to "look" and Caden found a puppy dog that was only $12 so I obliged and we got in line. He had the dog stuffed and then it was on to give him a heart...

See the tiny red heart in Caden's hand? He had to warm it up so his dog would never be cold, rub it on his belly so he would never be hungry and make a wish before putting the heart inside.

After the puppy's heart was inside, he was stitched up:

Then he went to the "bath" to get fluffed up

Caden wanted to shop for an outfit for his puppy but that meant more $$ and I had already broken the bank for the day! I compromised and we got the puppy some cool shades to wear. He was fitted with a red "bow tie" and given a "doghouse" to carry him home in.

Isn't he cute? Caden named him Fireball and explained that he was a super hero dog in disguise that can shoot fireballs out of his red ribbon! Boys and their imaginations. After all was said and done I am so glad that we did this. Caden really enjoyed it and it was pretty cool!

We did a lot more shopping, bought a few more things and then got ready to head home. We stopped for gas and were on the road. Pulled in the driveway at home at about 8:00pm EST. :faint: Whew...what a LONG day. But we had SOOOOOO much fun with our new friends. Caden and Gabe really did hit it off and I really hope that we can get together again! It was great to spend time with someone with whom the conversation is so easy! I'm looking forward to our next meet for sure! :upsidedow:goodvibes

I was posting mine at the SAME TIME!!! You got some fantastic pictures! :thumbsup2 I am so afraid to find out what happened with that Disney bag in the picture!!! :guilty:

Had a minor emergency and had to leave the boards for a few hours. Just made it back and finished the 2nd half of the post. Details on the bags are in the post.

LOVE your post and your pictures too! :flower3:

I am SO GLAD for the Disney magic with your bags!!! Disney CM's are the BEST wherever you go! :goodvibes

Love your RFC pictures! Yes, truthfully...there were EIGHT of us that shared that volcano dessert when we went for my birthday a couple of years ago. It is HUGE! And you are very right...RICH! Glad you all enjoyed it though~! :thumbsup2

Awwww, Fireball is awesome!!!! We loved spending time with you all, and look forward to doing it again some time! ::yes::

Loved your Dismeet too Pixie!!! You and your family are so adorable!

So happy that the CM saved the day!

And you are so lucky to have met one of my Dis besties... I've only met Oopsi once - and it was only for a few brief minutes... I don't think either of us realized at that time, what good friends we would become. :)

I think Fireball is adorable!!! I love that he shoots fireballs out of his ribbon -= LOL what a great imagination Caden has! We have always loved BaB, the girls had several growing up - I think they managed to give a few away to the neighbor kids - until I realized and I hid the rest. LOL You never know - some day they may want a few of their favorite toys?

I just love that Caden and Gabe hit it off so well - Another friendship thanks to The Dis! WHOOT!

Thanks for sharing your awesome Dismeet! It looks like you all had a great time!

D~

What a FANTASTIC DISmeet day!!! I have met some of my best friends on the internet and it looks like the boys really hit it off! That's awesome. So glad the crisis was averted with the bags!

VOLCANO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hear me yelling?!!) ;) Savannah insists on going to RFC and getting a volcano every.single.time. we go to Disney. It was the first meal we had on her first trip and she was blown away by it, so now she keeps trying to recreate it by getting a volcano each time. :p

awwwwwwwwww you all met!!!!! that's so awesome! i really wish i could have met you all there too.. :sad1: you all are so cute!!!! fantastic everyone was able along famously. :flower3: fi have to tell you.. CM's are the BEST PEOPLE AROUND.. people don't give TDS CM's credit they deserve! :goodvibes
i would love to meet half my Dis people!!! one of these days we need a HUGE dis meet in the middle somewhere.

Joining in! Your trip looks like it is off to a great start! :woohoo:

What a fun DIS meet - and so awesome that the store CM saw your shopping bag out there! :scared1:

Just checking in on you... I hope you are well. :)

D~

I am SO GLAD for the Disney magic with your bags!!! Disney CM's are the BEST wherever you go! :goodvibes

Love your RFC pictures! Yes, truthfully...there were EIGHT of us that shared that volcano dessert when we went for my birthday a couple of years ago. It is HUGE! And you are very right...RICH! Glad you all enjoyed it though~! :thumbsup2

Awwww, Fireball is awesome!!!! We loved spending time with you all, and look forward to doing it again some time! ::yes::

You are right...Disney CMs are THE BEST!!! I was so thankful that our bags were there! It was the most awful feeling thinking that they were gone!

Loved your Dismeet too Pixie!!! You and your family are so adorable!

So happy that the CM saved the day!

And you are so lucky to have met one of my Dis besties... I've only met Oopsi once - and it was only for a few brief minutes... I don't think either of us realized at that time, what good friends we would become. :)

I think Fireball is adorable!!! I love that he shoots fireballs out of his ribbon -= LOL what a great imagination Caden has! We have always loved BaB, the girls had several growing up - I think they managed to give a few away to the neighbor kids - until I realized and I hid the rest. LOL You never know - some day they may want a few of their favorite toys?

I just love that Caden and Gabe hit it off so well - Another friendship thanks to The Dis! WHOOT!

Thanks for sharing your awesome Dismeet! It looks like you all had a great time!

D~

The DISmeet with the Oopsi Family was just wonderful. Exactly what we needed to help chase away the post Disney blues! :thumbsup2

It's so great to meet friends here on the DIS and then have the opportunity to meet them IRL also. I hope that we are able to meet one day too! :wave2:

What a FANTASTIC DISmeet day!!! I have met some of my best friends on the internet and it looks like the boys really hit it off! That's awesome. So glad the crisis was averted with the bags!

VOLCANO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hear me yelling?!!) ;) Savannah insists on going to RFC and getting a volcano every.single.time. we go to Disney. It was the first meal we had on her first trip and she was blown away by it, so now she keeps trying to recreate it by getting a volcano each time. :p

:lmao: VOLCANO!!!!!!!! That cracked me up! It was my first time having the Volcano dessert even though I've eaten at a RC before! The DISmeet was wonderful and EVERYONE hit it off! Oopsi and I and Caden and Gabe. The best friends are made on the DIS!

awwwwwwwwww you all met!!!!! that's so awesome! i really wish i could have met you all there too.. :sad1: you all are so cute!!!! fantastic everyone was able along famously. :flower3: fi have to tell you.. CM's are the BEST PEOPLE AROUND.. people don't give TDS CM's credit they deserve! :goodvibes
i would love to meet half my Dis people!!! one of these days we need a HUGE dis meet in the middle somewhere.

Hmmm....a HUGE DISmeet in the middle somewhere. I'm in the MIDDLE...I think. Let's see...you're in Chicago, D~ is up near the MOA, Suzi is in Maine (the island of course), and Oopsi is in TN. YEP...KY is definitely in the middle! We should have a KY Derby DISmeet. HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE!!!!! pixiedust: Everyone mark your calendars for the first Saturday in May! :thumbsup2

Joining in! Your trip looks like it is off to a great start! :woohoo:

What a fun DIS meet - and so awesome that the store CM saw your shopping bag out there! :scared1:

Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you along. I got a little busy and couldn't seem to find time to make it on here...but I'm back and ready to start updating this TR!

Just checking in on you... I hope you are well. :)

D~

:hug: Awww....thanks for checking on me! All is well now, although the last week and a half has been CRAZY!

**********************************************************************************************

Sorry for my absence everyone! We have had A LOT going on around here.

Let's see, Caden had strep throat and missed 2 days of school, Wayne had a sinus infection, I had to play catch up at work after missing 2 days being home with Caden. Wayne is getting SLAMMED at work and is SUPER SUPER stressed right now. I'm doing everything I can to be there for him and support him, but his company isn't making any of our lives easy.

Friday, I got a call from Caden's school that he was coughing REALLY bad. I left work, ran home to grab the cough medicine, and went to his school to give him some. When I got there, he walked into the office and started crying, saying he had a headache and just wanted to go home. It was so pitiful. I decided to go ahead and take him home. Once we got in the car I noticed he was wheezing pretty bad so I called the doctor. Turns out...he was having a REALLY REALLY BAD asthma flare up. Now he is on an oral steroid and breathing treatments every 4 hours for the next several days. My poor baby! :(

I also had some issues with our Photopass CD from Disney. I ended up having to call them and they manually re-ordered my CD because for some reason it got hung up in the system and never completed the process. Anyway...almost a month after I initially ordered it...I HAVE IT! So now...we can get on with this TR. I hope to have an update posted later today! :faint:

Oh my, I hope Caden feels better quickly! It's SO hard to think about anything else when you have a dick kid. Poor Caden and poor mama! :sad2:

Hahaha! :lmao: I didn't even notice! That's what happens when I'm DISing on my phone. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter