Jedi Training at DLR - a bit confused!

smileykyls

Earning My Ears
Hello

My son's are busting to do the Jedi Training at DLR and/or WDW. On both websites it says to register your child however I've had conflicting stories from other FB pages I am following.

It's been mentioned that at DLR they pick kids from the audience - is this correct? If so, whats the point in registering?

I really want them to do it together (12 and 8 year olds) otherwise I don't think they'll go up without each other.

So has anyone been and can clarify what happens? It's the thing they are most excited about so just praying that get to do it!

Thanks!

I think they used to be picked from the crowd (when my son did it in 2011), but now you have to register. Haven't don't it again since, so not sure.

We were there August 2014. My grandchild lined up with a whole bunch of other children and somebody in authority just picked out who they wanted ~ no registering was required.

This is from the DLR website - I guess we'll register and hope for the best!!

Registering to Participate in the Show
Younglings who wish to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple must register before the show.
  • You must be between 4 and 12 years of age to participate.
  • All participants must be present at the time of registration.
  • Please register at the kiosk located outside the exit to Star Wars Launch Bay. If you are unable to locate the registration kiosk, ask a Cast Member for help.
  • Registration begins when Disneyland Park opens for the day–including Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning.
  • Availability is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you check in the normal Disneyland Disboards, I'm pretty sure there's a sticky there that would have updated info re Jedi Training. Or at least someone will be able to answer your question.

And just a heads up. My son, who was about 10 at the time, had to 'fight' Darth Maul. He was fine, but my 8yo was terrified. If he had of gone up to do the training, he would have been petrified and run off bawling!!
I was even a little terrified when I saw Darth Maul up close

And just a heads up. My son, who was about 10 at the time, had to 'fight' Darth Maul. He was fine, but my 8yo was terrified. If he had of gone up to do the training, he would have been petrified and run off bawling!!
I was even a little terrified when I saw Darth Maul up close
Oh Darth Maul is awesome scary

We were just there for mother's day and you do need to register/sign up now. They used to pick children out of the audience but now you must sign up once the park opens and nominate the particular show you'd like your kids to be a part of. I signed up our youngest (10) for a show (I think it was 11.40am show?). We had to return to the sign up area a little before that time and they would walk all the participants down to the stage when the show began. I would recommend trying to enter the park at rope drop, or close to it, and go straight to the sign up area otherwise you may miss out as the spots do go quickly on busy days :)

Oh, and they no longer have Darth Maul which we were pleased about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter