Jodi & Raphael's Disney Dream Wedding - Jan 19-23, 2014

Oh no! Obviously the airline hadn't heard of pixie dust, unlike your ground transport. After Delta lost our bags on our first trip together, we hold our breath every time until we're safely reunited with our baggage on the ground and I see that travelling for your wedding must be so much more worrying!

Hello so I absolutely love your pj and tr your wedding looked amazing!! :) I did have a couple of questions who did you use for your wedding photography and how much did they charge I am currently looking and trying to price it out and also how much was the mk photo shoot of you don't mind can't wait to read more of your tr!

I can't wait to read more! Jodi you were such a gorgeous bride!! Tanya dod a great job with the pictures. Thank you so much for letting me be part of your special day!

I'm so sorry I have been neglecting my TR! I just got my wedding pictures back and they are beautiful! I'm hoping to update soon.

Hello so I absolutely love your pj and tr your wedding looked amazing!! :) I did have a couple of questions who did you use for your wedding photography and how much did they charge I am currently looking and trying to price it out and also how much was the mk photo shoot of you don't mind can't wait to read more of your tr!

My photographer was Tanya Downs of Tanya Downs photography. I just paid for the cruise for her and her husband, who was our second shooter in exchange for our wedding pictures. The price for the MK shoot was $2000 and that was with MK plus another park which we did Epcot. We had Stephanie and those pictures are amazing!! For just the MK it was $1700. I hope this helps and sorry it to me awhile to answer your questions. Good luck with your wedding plans

I can't wait to read more! Jodi you were such a gorgeous bride!! Tanya dod a great job with the pictures. Thank you so much for letting me be part of your special day!

Your welcome Lisa! Thank you for everything. We had a wonderful time. Tanya did an amazing job! Thanks for recommending her :)

OK so this was our first time on Magical Express. It was very cool. I knew this going in but the only thing I didn't like was that when you stay at Bay Lake Tower you get dropped off at the Contemporary! The check in was fine but I felt that you didn't get that whole Welcome Home warm feeling! We got all checked in and got our Happily Ever After pins then made our way over to BLT to get to our room. Once our luggage arrived from Bell Services, we went over to MK to pick up our annual passes and the TIW card! We then went back to the Contemporary and had lunch at The Wave. I enjoyed our meal there. We split the appetizer for two, which was very good and shared the Rubin Sandwich. We ordered one of the trios for dessert and got our first experience of pixie dust for our wedding trip. They gave us another free dessert, a very light citrusy mousse. It was very good. Oh not to mention we had our first Mai Tai of the trip :)

If anyone was thinking about shipping boxes to the hotel, I highly recommend it! We shipped a very large box with our welcome bags and some stuff for the wedding. I am so glad we did because truthfully I'm not sure HOW we would've gotten everything to FL! Now when I did call the Contemporary before I shipped the box I was told that there was NO FEE. However they do charge you $10 but that's ok I was anticipating it so it really wasn't a surprise! I highly recommend this to any future bride that needs to fly, especially across the country!

SO after picking up our box and having bell services bring it to our room, we then made our way over to Downtown Disney to do a little shopping. The main reason to go was to get our champagne flutes for the wedding. Well I was very disappointed when they no longer had the Mickey and Minnie ones. They stated that Disney is no longer having characters on drinking glasses. So we decided to get the ones that had the Mickey and Minnie outline on the front and we had our names and date etched on the back! *** I would like to inform any Future bride, if you are looking for the flutes with characters on them, they are still available at the Disney Store online, they have the Mickey and Minnie, Beauty and the Beast, and Cinderella and Prince Charming!!*** Raphael thinks I'm silly because I still really want to get the Mickey and Minnie ones:roll eyes:

I was really hoping to make it back to BLT in time to watch Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge but unfortunately that didn't happen. We still went to the Top of The World Lounge for some drinks and appetizers! The bartender Mike was wonderful! If you ever go, you must get the Pretzel app, they have this amazing siracha dipping sauce, it was SO good! I think we stayed up there till they almost closed. Tomorrow everyone was meeting up with us, so we had a great day together before the madness began!

Today was a very BUSY day! We got up and took the monorail over to the Poly for breakfast at Kona! This is my favorite spot for breakfast but I was a little disappointed that Raphael didn't enjoy it as much! We had the Kona coffee pressed pot, I ordered 2 mimosas with Likoi Juice, which I ended up drinking them both :rotfl2: Raphael got the Big Kahuna breakfast and I had to go with the Tonga Toast and we ended up splitting each of them.

After breakfast we hoped on the monorail to the MK!

Like the big crane by the castle! I was starting to freak out as we had our MK and Epcot shoot the next week. I had read that the crane was going to be up for months due to the construction and to take down the christmas lights. So I sent an email to Karen, that I had been working with at Disney Fine Art Photography, asked about the crane and if this was going to affect our photo shoot. She assured me that it was going to as planned. She did end up calling us that day to explain about the crane but assured that it would be photoshopped out. I told her that was fine. I just wanted to make sure that for the money that we were spending that you won't be able to see that in the pictures and we will still be able to do the moat shot! She said to just relax and enjoy the session and don't worry about the crane! Which surprisingly I did :cool1:

So at the MK we got to check out the new Fastpass+ on the my Disney Experience. I really liked it. In between our fast passes we were able to go on a few other rides and even got to meet a few characters. Later in our trip I did realize that the Fastpass+ was not very fitting if you are going to park hop as you were only allowed to choose 3 passes for the day and if you wanted to change it to a different park you couldn't. I think now they are changing it but I'm not sure. Otherwise I really liked it, if you were able to walk right onto a ride then you could switch your fast pass to a different attraction which we did, several times.

Ok so after spending a few hours in MK, we went back to our room. I met up with Jillian to get the soaps that I purchased from her Etsy shop for our welcome bags. She was so nice, brought them right to our room! Thanks again Jillian they were wonderful! We had dinner reservations for us, my mom and two aunts and our two friends at the Grand Floridian Cafe. As it turned out one of my aunts was running late and wasn't able to make it till the following night. I brought them their welcome bags, I figured it was better to do it that way PLUS I had made shirts for each of them that I wanted them to wear the next night at dinner. So we met up at the Mizner's Lounge in the Grand Floridian and had a drink before dinner.

Here we are at the GFC. I really enjoyed this restaurant and I would definitely go back. The food was very good!

So after dinner we all took the monorail back to the Contemporary! When we got to BLT, we said good night to Raphael, cuz the girls were taking me out for a Bachelorette party!! We were going to do the monorail crawl, so we counted the Grand Floridian as the first stop then we went up to the Top of The World Lounge! I really liked this place A LOT! Mike was the bar tender again and took great care of us! My friends had this all planned out! They had a list of games, gave me a "special water bottle" and made a veil with condoms attached to it, however they kept falling off :rotfl: One of the things I had to do was go around the lounge and get marriage advice from strangers! This was pretty amusing as one older gentleman said "DON'T" right in front of his wife, after they just went to Victoria and Albert's for an anniversary dinner! :rotfl2: Then I had to sing my favorite Disney song in the lounge plus a few other things.

Here is my mom and I outside the TOTW

So after MANY drinks and shots at TOTW Lounge, it was off to the Poly to my other favorite bar, the Tambu Lounge, to get some Lapu Lapu's

So this is were my friends really out did themselves! You see they had planned to end up here, which I didn't know. So before dinner they stopped by and spoke with a manger and had a very "SPECIAL" cake waiting for our arrival that evening! I wish I could post a picture but I'm sure you ladies can catch my hidden meaning! It was very tasty, strawberry margarita cake or strawberry daquiri cake. One of my mom's friends help my friend make this cake! Those tricky girls! So after more drinks and shots at the Poly they then tried to make a wedding dress for me using only toliet paper! This is how it turned out…

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

So we ended up staying until closing! By now the monorail stopped, so we walked from the Poly to the GF and then they drove me back to BLT! Up next the last day at WDW before our cruise!:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter