Jodi & Raphael's Disney Dream Wedding - Jan 19-23, 2014

I do have a few more updates to give but I need to get ready for work. Hopefully I can catch everyone up tomorrow on our plans. Have a magical day pixiedust:

OMG!!!!! Yay!!! I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!! It looked like just the perfect timing- so romantic!!! And your ring is very pretty!! :)

Congratulations!! I'm so glad he planned something special and that he gave you that beautiful ring!

I love your plans so far, I think the save the date emails were adorable and I really like your invitations.

Can't wait to read more...

Congrats!
Brooke

Congratulations!! I'm so glad he planned something special and that he gave you that beautiful ring!

I love your plans so far, I think the save the date emails were adorable and I really like your invitations.

Can't wait to read more...

Congrats!
Brooke

Hi Brooke,

Thank you so much for joining and following along! I love my ring, I did help him pick it out but ultimately it was his choice :)!

I do have more updates. Hopefully I will be able to do that this weekend.

Congratulations!! That is so romantic! Your ring is gorgeous!

I just realized I had been following along with your PJ, but never commented. Oops! I love all your details, the STD is so cute, I love the newsletter and the invites are gorgeous! I looked up your dress and it stunning!

Congratulations!! That is so romantic! Your ring is gorgeous!

I just realized I had been following along with your PJ, but never commented. Oops! I love all your details, the STD is so cute, I love the newsletter and the invites are gorgeous! I looked up your dress and it stunning!

Oh thank you so much!! I'm super excited I got the call yesterday that my dress is in! So now I just have to figure out when I'm gonna pick it up! I will definitely post some pictures of it when I do!

So I only have 6 months to go!! I can't believe it. In 6 months from today we will be in Disney!! We are staying at Bay Lake Tower 3 nights before the cruise and at the Beach Club 2 weeks, yes you read it correctly, 2 WEEKS, after the cruise for our honeymoon. We were thinking about going back to Hawaii but it would be too much traveling, plus living on the west coast it's easier for us at any time.

Hopefully I will be able to spend sometime on here this weekend with the rest of my up dates! Hope everyone is having a great day

Ok so where to begin! Well we have purchased our airlines tickets and good thing we purchased the insurance because they have changed twice on us already! We are taking the red eye out of Seattle on the 15 to put us in Orlando early in the morning on the 16. I think if the flight changes again, it's been an issue with the red eye leaving out of Seattle, then we will just leave early on the 15 and spend and extra day at WDW!

Ok so I haven't been able to go and pick up my wedding dress yet but here are the shoes I will be wearing.

We also bought Raphael a tux, it was probably the same price if not a little cheaper to buy it then to rent since we are doing the wedding on the cruise. We still need to get the colored vest and tie, which will be in Royal Blue, to match my shoes and his shoes which will be Doc Martins.

I also have another dress that I purchased so that we can do a photo session with our photographers on Castaway Cay the next morning.

We are going for a more casual, Hawaiian, beach feel. Raphael will be wearing a nice pair of khaki cargo shorts with a white button down shirt and a nice pair of brownish-khaki sandals.

I saw on Etsy these cute flip flops for brides with a plumeria flower on them. I figured it would be cheaper if I made them myself. So I bought a pair of the wedge Old Navy white flip flops online and I blinged them out.

I will be wearing these with the above dress for the photo session but I still need to get the plumeria to add them in the center.

SO, I also wanted to wear something nice for our legal ceremony. I had this dress from when we went to Hawaii.

I will be wearing that with the bridal Minnie ears and these shoes.

When we went to pick out my engagement ring we had decided that we would also get my wedding band at the same time. Raphael wasn't too concerned with his band but when we found something that we liked, we went to lunch to discuss it before we purchased anything. I figured we should also look at the wedding bands for him and if there was something that he liked we might as well get it too! Well we ended up buying all 3 rings at the same time and they even gave us a discount too :cool1: We went to Shane Co. and I was so happy with the experience. They really listened to us and there was NO pressure to buy, which we really liked. So here are our wedding bands. Mine matches my engagement ring with the princess cut diamonds.

Originally we wanted to get married in Hawaii, it was our first vacation together and is really special for us. We figured not many of our family would attend so since most of them are on the east coast we figured we would do the Disney Cruise. We as it turns out not many of our family is going on the cruise anyway! OH well, we are going to have a blast, regardless of who is and who isn't there, it's about us anyway. So as our plans are coming together it looks like our theme is going to be Hawaii! For our cake and champagne celebration we are planning on playing Hawaiian music and our wedding song is going to be Somewhere Over the Rainbow by IZ, not sure if we are going with the one that is combined with What A Wonderful World. We are planning on giving our guest Ku Kui Nut Leis that I will be getting from Hawaii. I figured this was a neat alternative to the fake silk leis that look really cheesy and the price to get fresh leis from DCL is a little pricey. Raphael and I will be purchasing the fresh flower leis, mostly to use for the photo session on Castaway Cay but maybe we can incorporate it into the ceremony, not sure on that yet. Also I was surprised this was allowed but Raphael really wanted to have a signature drink at the cake and champagne celebration. I emailed Meredith and she said sure no problem :banana: So I think we are going to go with Captain's Mai Tai made with Captain Morgan Rum, these are our favorite!! I also ordered welcome bags from the Disney Store, they are the ones that say Hawaii and can only be purchased on the website or at the store in Hawaii! I will post a picture as soon as I get them.

Since we will be at Disney a few days before, my friends, mom and aunt that will be joining the cruise will be meeting us up in Disney the Friday before the cruise leaves. My friends want to have a Bachelorette party that night. I'm not sure what they have planned, they are in charge of the planning, although I heard a "pub" crawl through the monorail. That would be really cool since we are staying at BLT! I have made dinning reservations that night for the Grand Floridian Cafe. The next night I wanted to have a welcome dinner and invite some of our family and friends that live in the area that are unable to make the cruise. Well again, I don't think many are going to join us. OH WELL, their loss! So i have booked a reservation for 'Ohanas. I really wanted to do a dessert party afterwards but we are going to have a very small group. As it is there is only 11 booked for the cruise now, that includes Raphael and I, and our photographers!! So for that small of a party, we felt a dessert party would've been too expensive. Then I stared looking at the specialty cruises! This morning I reserved the Grand 1 Yacht, from the Grand Floridian to watch Wishes!! I will be surprising Raphael with a grooms cake on this cruise! Unfortunately it isn't what he wants, they are unable to do it due to legal issues and pricing. He wanted the Seattle Sea Hawks Stadium, but I'm going to have my friend Kathy make that for his birthday. So instead I have been in contact with Pat at private dining at the Grand for this cake. It's going to be a pirate theme and it will tie in well with our STD! I am so excited for this!!

YES! I have finally managed to get Raphael to agree to the MK bridal photo session. They down side is that they have increased the price for 2014, just like everything else! SO it looks like we may only be doing the MK, which is fine because that's the most important one right! But I really like the photos from Epcot with the flowers in Canada! As of now we are scheduled for the Saturday after the cruise! I have requested Amy as our first choice! So now I have a dilemma, should I get my hair and makeup professionally done that day? I was looking at going with Beaute Speciale. It will be between $200-$250! I am really bad at doing my own hair, it's usually up in a ponytail and I hardly wear makeup! Which brings me into my next segment!

HAIR
SO here are some inspiration pictures for how I would like my hair done for the wedding

I really like the first one but I may want to try to combine them. I will be getting clay plumerias made to where in my hair (I think that's why I like the second picture)

I'm just glad I can get my hair done at the salon on the cruise! NOW my makeup is another story!! As of now they don't really have that service. I have read that it can be done, I think for like $75 but it's not a guarantee. So now I have to try and get my makeup down within the next 5 months! Do you ladies have any advice, suggestions??

Well I think that is all for my updates today! We still have to figure out our plans for our honeymoon! I would like to visit the parks but also do things that we normally wouldn't do at Disney! This Saturday I can start making ADRs which we still haven't finalized yet. We were originally going to do the dining plan but for 2 weeks and with the price increase I'm thinking NOT! Since we are DVC, we planning on getting the TIW card and just going to pay OOP and I think we will end up saving A LOT of money!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Congrats on being officially engaged. Your ring was beautiful and your trip sounded awesome! I love the dress for the picture at Castaway. And both pairs of shoes...love :)

Hi Jodi!
Love the hair styles that you are thinking about having.
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want an updo or just leave it long and wavy. Looking forward to read more of your PJ and congrats again!

Awesome updates! I love the dresses, and love love LOVE the shoes. Beautiful rings. I love your hair inspiration, perfect for your cruise/Hawaiian theme I think!

Congrats on doing the MK shoot too! I loved mine, it was such a wonderful experience to be in MK before opening!

Hi Jodi!
Love the hair styles that you are thinking about having.
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want an updo or just leave it long and wavy. Looking forward to read more of your PJ and congrats again!

Thank you! I was having a hard time with that too. I originally was thinking of a half up/half down do but my DF wanted it up and I think it'll look better with my dress :).

Hopefully soon I'll have some more up dates. Thank you again and I'm following your PJ as well

Awesome updates! I love the dresses, and love love LOVE the shoes. Beautiful rings. I love your hair inspiration, perfect for your cruise/Hawaiian theme I think!

Congrats on doing the MK shoot too! I loved mine, it was such a wonderful experience to be in MK before opening!

Thank you so much. I'm trying to put our own touches and personalize our wedding as best I can.

I am so excited that we are doing the MK shoot :). I wanted to know did you just do MK or did you do another park too? I would love to see your pictures to get some inspiration for our shoot! I'm trying to convince DF to add on Epcot but we have to see if the finances are there first :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter