Julie's Journel (of course - comments welcome)

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
So I've been doing Atkins since Mother's Day & I've lost 27 lbs. I now feel ready for another change. DS (Steve) wants to try the South Beach Diet. So we'll start on Monday. It isn't really that different from Atkins. I'm not quite done reading the book, but I get the general idea. I'm still going to Curves and will drink as much water as I can (which means drinking more than I am now!) I feel a little stalled - but I know it's because I'm probably eating too many nuts & not drinking enough water. Anyway, I think I need a shake-up - DH will eat the same dinners that we do & for DM (age 86) I'll add some rice or a potato - she can't eat much salad & probably shouldn't change her diet very much. I'll check in here from time-to-time.

Best of luck to you on the new diet. So great that all of your family is involved!! Don't forget that the 27 pounds you lost is an incredible amount of weight!

OK - so if I take my shoes off, I'm down 2 lbs. I can't remember if I was wearing shoes last Monday when I weighed. Anyway - I'll get weighed and measured at Curves on Thursday - that'll be my months' stats. I like having the same person take my measurements - I think it's more consistent. Anyway - my pledge this week is to not eat as many nuts and to drink more water.

hmmmm....a revelation of sorts. I no longer have that feeling of dread - many mornings as I first wake up or just before falling asleep, I think about how I no longer have regrets about not doing something about my weight. For so many years, I was sick with guilt over not dieting. I still don't feel like I'm dieting - hard to feel like I'm dieting when I'm never hungry! It feels good to finally be losing weight - albeit s-l-o-w-l-y! Receiving compliments on how much better I look helps too. Buying clothes in a smaller size is almost a dream. Knowing that if i just keep doing what I'm doing, I'll be 50 lbs lighter by this time next year. It took me over 20 years to put this weight on - so it takes 3 years to take it off.

You're doing so great! I'm currently eating low-carb but am interested in how your switch to South Beach is working out. I'm thinking that I might be able to add in some low-glycemic carbs when I get to goal.

It is hard when the weight comes off slowly but look at the healthy food you're feeding your body on a daily basis! That's gotta be helping you to feel healthier!

Onward and downward, pound by pound, day by day, Julie!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter