**JULY 11, 2010*** Double Dip Wonder!

WELL MORE IMPORTANT ?????????????????????????????

WHAT BLOOD TYPE IS THE MAILMAN or is it MILKMAN ?????????????

LOL LOL LOL

gaRRy

Jay says it's the UPS guy, since he used to ask me out to lunch....until he realized Jay and I were married. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I can see some benefits of late seating but I can't imagine being full so late in the night! Plus, I think it was better for us given Alexa is still young. Either way, I enjoyed the dinner very much! Now I have to work at losing the weight I gained!! LOL! Maybe in time for the next cruise......

We eat late at home, too, so it's never been an issue for us. I think when we first cruised, we decided to go with late so we had more time to get ready after we'd been in port all day.
On the Alaska cruise, we chose our dinner time, which was 7:15/7:30-ish. That worked out a lot better. Six seems too early, and yes, 8:00 is a touch late.
But it's fun to be able to stay at the table and lounge over dessert and a cup of coffee without feeling we're being chased out, too.
Both have their plusses and minuses.

This was our first late dining and I loved it. The kids and I had time to relax, walk around, and not rush when we got back on the ship or done with our afternoon activities. Alanna usually ate fast and ran to the clubs, and if either one of them got tired after they ate, they just went off to the room. We loved our table mates though, so that helped make for pleasant dining. I never felt terribly full after dinner, but I learned my lesson on past cruises though. I try things, but I don't finish them unless they WOW me. Speaking of... not a big fan of the lobster ravioli that everyone raves about. :confused3

**Please note that the above statement regarding not eating too much DID NOT apply for my Palo brunch. That was spectacular, and I ate everything in sight! :rotfl2:

I can see some benefits of late seating but I can't imagine being full so late in the night! Plus, I think it was better for us given Alexa is still young. Either way, I enjoyed the dinner very much! Now I have to work at losing the weight I gained!! LOL! Maybe in time for the next cruise......

Oh my - does this bring back memories - True confession - Our first cruise was 4 nights - and it was right after New Years (Jan 2 I think) so we took our "Christmas outfits", to dress for dinner. Our last night was Palo. We also had the Romance at Sea package and not knowing anything (or this board), we had Breakfast in bed, followed by Palo's brunch, followed by Palo's dinner.

Of course, before then we had to sample every drink of the day and eat everything and every where. I remember having to put on my velvet pants with the elastic waist for the Palo's dinner because Nothing Fit. Same with Sam. Debarcation day was worse. :rotfl:

Then I came home and looked up the definition of "moderation". I already knew the definitionof "over-indulgence".:lmao::lmao:

Hope I get another chance to try this moderation thing on a cruise! I promise to try to be good:worship:

Did anyone else book another cruise on board? I book for a 4 day in December 2011 on the Dream, but I'm not sure if it will stick. I am not sure about cruising in December (any thoughts BTW?) because of the weather, but my schedule is too tight to go in summer 2011. I might push it to summer 2012 when the schedules come out this fall, but I did get a pretty good deal on the 4 day.

So those of you who booked on board, even dummy dates - WHAT ARE THEY? I miss our countdown from Mary each week.......

Time to plan another cruise.

GOOD MORNIN ALL

looks like a VERY HOT ONE TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
must be time to cut hay again.

We also booked a dummy date for 12/11 but that is such a hectic time at work for me that I think we will find something that fits my schedule better. Not sure what that is yet.

We didn't book onboard this time as we have our Alaska cruise booked for next year already. Not sure when we'll cruise after that because our plan for 2012 is Hawaii.

Well I have a lot less stress than I've had the past couple of months. Layoffs are looming at my company and I was pretty sure I was going to be one of the ones cut (we're heavy in middle management where I am). Yesterday I was offered a different job in a different department. I'm now going to be the cost analyst in the Accounting Department. I'm very happy especially when you consider what the alternative could have been. Plus it is a great department with great people and I get to learn some new software and some new skill sets. So no longer in management but it is a secure position and I don't have to look for a new company and start all over. All in all a very good thing and I'm happy.

well did we all go on a cruise ????????????????????

this thread is mooooooooooooooooooooooving slow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter