• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 15th or 18th?

nicolem

Mouseketeer
Help!

DH, DS (1 year old in July), and my parents are going to LA and San Diego July 14-19. Our plan is to spend the 14th doing typical LA-area tourist things, since our plane doesn't land until around 10am. We were then planning to spend the 15th (a Friday) at DCA. We're going to San Diego on Saturday and Sunday for Comic-Con (my parents are taking DS to SeaWorld and the zoo), coming back Sunday evening so we can get to DL early Monday morning and spend the entire day. Tuesday we fly out around 6pm, so we're going to spend another day in the LA area.

Are you with me so far? Okay, when I called last week to book PS for Blue Bayou on 7/18, the woman said they weren't taking reservations for 7/16-7/18 because of expected attendance levels. They are, however, taking reservations for Friday, 7/15 (the day we're at DCA). Quite frankly, though I knew the 18th would still be busy, I didn't think of it as part of the whole 50th b-day weekend. I even assumed that 7/15 would be busier, since it's a Friday. So my question is this: Do you think I should flip our plans and do DL on Friday and DCA on Monday? I'm not really concerned about getting into Blue Bayou; it would be nice to take my parents there, but DH and I have been several times and will probably go back within a year or so. I'm more concerned about Friday vs. Monday crowds. This will be our first time to take DS, and the first time my parents have been in decades, so I want to make the experience as pleasant and stress-free as possible. (And yes, I realize it would be more pleasant to go during a different week, but our schedule was dictated by the dates of the Comic-Con!)

Thanks for any advice!

I would try to purchase two day hoppers (if you haven't already purchased your tickets) that way you can keep you original plan and be able to hop over to DL for BB.

This will also give a chance to maximize your time by being able to start your day at DL (since it usually opens 1 - 2 hours before DCA) and then hop over to DCA. And then you can also end your day at DL since it closes 1 - 2 hours after DCA.

We will be buying the 2-day PH, so that's a great idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter