July 2013 car rentals

Rechecked Dollar today... July 19-31, $137/Week + tax. Mid-size.

Once you search, hit the "CITY SPECIAL" box that appears in the list, and a lot of the prices are adjusted downward.

I haven't tried combining with any promo codes yet.

Rechecked Dollar today... July 19-31, $137/Week + tax. Mid-size.

Once you search, hit the "CITY SPECIAL" box that appears in the list, and a lot of the prices are adjusted downward.

I haven't tried combining with any promo codes yet.

I got $358.95 at Dollar for a full-size from 7/17 to 7/27. That's a few dollars more than my Alamo quote of $331 and my Alamo Insiders allows for an additional driver at no cost. I would have to add $9.99+tax to the Dollar rental which would bring it to over $450!! :scared1:

Oh goodness....I can't believe I will probably pay $300 for a 10 day rental this year. :sick: I don't know what happened. :sad2:

I just booked through priceline for July 14-24 for a full size rental. I got hertz for $277.

I was also able to book with ez rent a car using a promo code and had a rate of $272, but was a little weary of all the negative reviews I was reading. The closest I could get with Alamo was about $325 for a standard. So I took my chances and bid $18/day on priceline.

I remember last year under $300 for a standard SUV, the prices this year are so high :(

I just booked through priceline for July 14-24 for a full size rental. I got hertz for $277.

I was also able to book with ez rent a car using a promo code and had a rate of $272, but was a little weary of all the negative reviews I was reading. The closest I could get with Alamo was about $325 for a standard. So I took my chances and bid $18/day on priceline.

I remember last year under $300 for a standard SUV, the prices this year are so high :(

Just as an FYI if you go on car rental savers . com, some of the offsite rentals have rock bottom prices for your dates. Im renting in August, so only lurking in hopes of finding a better code. hope that helps someone!

Does anybody with Priceline experience know what it means when they offer you a limited time offer after you bid? Does that mean prices are coming down? For example, I've been bidding in the low $20's for a minivan. My offer always get rejected and then they tell me I could book it for a lot more. When I just bid, they said for a limited time I could increase my offer to $32. I've never had this happen before. This is certainly much better than what I've been seeing but still more than I want to pay. I'm hopeful this means prices are starting to come down. My dates are 7/30-8/7 but it counts as 9 days because of the pickup/drop off times.

Just lowered my full sized Dollar Altima rental to $547 for 15 days, 7/17-7/31. Previous rate was over $700. No codes entered. I am very happy.

I am even happier! Got my full size Dollar rate down to $485 for dates 7/17-7/31 just by checking back an hr later. That includes all taxes. I suggest you all check back often.

Is this a good rate? I'm still searching and searching :worried:

Dollar
July 18 - Aug 3
MCO
$563.64 total with fees
Ford Crown Victoria

Is this a good rate? I'm still searching and searching :worried:

Dollar
July 18 - Aug 3
MCO
$563.64 total with fees
Ford Crown Victoria

Have you tried Priceline? (If you don't fully understand the Name Your Own Price thing, make sure you learn all about it before you start playing with it - you don't want to end up with a non-refundable reservation for too much money.)

I'm probably going to go that route - I've got a National Emerald Aisle res for $306. But if I lowball (say $8/day) on Priceline for a Full size, it usually offers to let me raise my bid again immediately - so I go to $9 and get rejected again. Then it *offers* me a Full Size for $15/day. For my 10-day Aug 3-12 rental, this comes to $236 with the fees. (Which is a little strange because if I *bid* $15/day, the total with fees is $251. Bidding $14/day comes to $239 with the fees.)

I have time, so I'll probably keep bidding low to see if I can get a Full Size for less than $236.

I am guilty of only trying to improve my rate on line.
(Dollar 247.00 for a midsize from 7/17-7-26) So I try AGAIN today and I cant access the rate page without a dollar ID#. I've never had one and haven't been prompted for one before so...

I called customer service to find out why I need this ID# and before I get to a person who could answer my question I was asked if I would like a quote.
"Sure" is my response assuming I would receive a higher number than the one I've been trying to whittle down for a month. (why I guessed this I couldn't say)

Anyway, I give my info and travel date and behold $50.00 reduction!!!

new rate: $195.00 ish. (for those of us who are mathematically challenged :goodvibes)

I am guilty of only trying to improve my rate on line.
(Dollar 247.00 for a midsize from 7/17-7-26) So I try AGAIN today and I cant access the rate page without a dollar ID#. I've never had one and haven't been prompted for one before so...

I called customer service to find out why I need this ID# and before I get to a person who could answer my question I was asked if I would like a quote.
"Sure" is my response assuming I would receive a higher number than the one I've been trying to whittle down for a month. (why I guessed this I couldn't say)

Anyway, I give my info and travel date and behold $50.00 reduction!!!

new rate: $195.00 ish. (for those of us who are mathematically challenged :goodvibes)

awesome! are you picking up and dropping off at mco?

Lowered my rate with Thrifty this time for a full size Altima to $385 for dates 7/17-7/31. That's $100 less than Dollar! Just clicked a 15% off, code EFT15, email link that i received this evening.

Just did my first bid with Priceline...felt like I got a good deal. $14/day (not including taxes) 7/19-8/1 with Avis.

No promo code entered by me or anything - Dollar - chose a full size - 7/16-26 at MCO.... $261 total. Happy dance! Budget's best so far for similar full size car was $120 more than that, so I feel like I just made $120 for 8 minutes of effort checking sites. As others have said - RE-CHECK sites! ;)

I'm checking rates all the time for my trip. I leave Wednesday for a week and was just able to score a midsize car with Thrifty for $149 including taxes!!! no code. it pays to check and rates
seem to change all the time even within an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter