July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a bit confused between this thread and the one on the dcl duscussion :confused3 - when I receive my email notifications.

We should keep this one here on the cruise meet going (7/28) - and hopefully I am replying on the right one. :rolleyes:

Okay - confusion cleared up - there are two 7/28 cruise meet threads going. :lmao: - the other one is by Jlawall.

We are on board! Where in PA do you live? We are 35 miles south west of Pittsburgh.

Hey guys. We are onboard. I can't believe it. Micco booked it today, I asked him about their cancellation policy, and he said not to worry, because WE ARE GOING!!!!! I am so excited, I can't contain myself. Trying to keep this quiet from Allie, we will tell her when we see her on Sunday in WDW.

So for those of you who don't know us, let me introduce my family: Debi (me - will be 47 when we cruise), Dh (Micco - will be 48 cruise time), DD (Alex - will be 20 cruise time, currently a WDW CM) and DD (Briana - will be 17 cruise time). We are from NYC and cruised last summer with Jlawall and LynnTarrant. We had such a great time and met so many wonderful people from this board, I am hoping to have the same kind of experience again. The people we met last year will be friends for a lifetime, I am just sad some of them won't be joining us on this trip. But we are looking forward to meeting new people, and having THE TIME OF OUR LIFES. This is a vacation we have waited for for many years, and we are going to enjoy every minute of it.

I guess I will have to brush up on my Spanish too, but the Italian...not necessary, I have Micco with me....

And now I got on this board right from the start so I won't miss anything like last time...LOL.

We are heading to WDW this Sunday for 5 days to see our DD, and we are looking forward to some warmer weather after that crazy snow we had here on Wednesday.

It is very nice to mee all of you, and I look forward to getting to know you over the next 15 months.

Debi

Hey Disneymagic316, just noticed you are from SI. What part of SI are you from?? We are in Princess Bay. Nice to be cruising with someone from home...
Debi

Even though Lucy's been very quiet about this, we are also booked on this cruise !!! We are the William's family from Pa.- DH Bob, DW Lucy, DS Bryan 21, (if he joins us!) and DS Tyler 15. We have also sailed with JoAnn & Ken. Lynn & Keith, and Deb & Micco and have become great friends. With this group, this trip is going to be a blast!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We live on the other side of the state near NJ!

Whooppppppppeeeeeeeeee! Welcome Debi & Lucy! This will be such a blast!! Bill & Alice (my dad and mom) have booked too today!!! :thumbsup2

Just to let everyone know.............last summer a group of us DISers met on these boards and on the ship. We have continued to remain friends and........................many of us are sailing together again! This will so great meeting all the DISers on this cruise. I have a feeling there will be more Europeans on this trip! :)

Welcome new members.................anyone else??????? :teeth:

oh yes nothing like a bit of peer pressure :rotfl:
So good to see you all posting Debi have you heard my news!!!!!
I'm coming to NYC on my way to WDW in Oct only there for one day would love to meet up with you all :banana:
SAT 21st October
Cuddles to all :grouphug:

Lynn - Read my post on our board, I think you'll appreciate it!

Bob and Lucy - Now I am really excited, I just got the chills. You totally made my day...Now, if we can just work on Jenny and Mark the trip will be complete!

It will be great to be cruising together again...let's do some excursions together...when in Rome...you need an Italian, and who better than a Bolusi...LOL

Debi

Jo Ann
Nearly missed the post about Bill and Alice yeahhhhh
Micco you're a good man Allie will be so pleased... what am I saying I'm so pleased. Do ya think we could work on Jenny?

11 days can you put up with Keith and his frogs for 11 days!
not to mention all of us Brits cuddling the characters :grouphug: :rotfl2:
I'm so excited you're all coming :lmao:

:love: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc
Now you know I don't use my smileys very often but I can't find the words to express myself :banana: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc

Sorry everyone else I will calm down a tad before July 2007 honest oh wow we're going to have a blast.......Come on Debi lets get this party started :wave:

HI all - well we made it official today and put in our deposit. We are Julie (me) and Matt (Dh2b) and we are in our 30s. The MED cruise will be our 3rd Disney Cruise as we sailed last year on the DVC member cruise and are sailing on the DVC member cruise this October. We are also getting married at Disney in October - quite the year.

Can't wait to get to know everyone better!

Hi Disneymom 13 :wave2:

Another family here from Staten Island - we are travelling with Disneymagic316 (We have done three cruises together). We are both from Oakwood.

Hello to everyone here too and looking forward to meeting everyone. I do speak Italian, not too well - the dialect.

Sounds like a lot of you already know each other! This is our 9th Disney Cruise so maybe we have been with you at one time or another, but just have not had the chance to meet!

This will be a wonderful cruise and I know there is a lot of excitement! Anyone flying in early? I really know that jet lag might get me! I never sleep on a plane!

Welcome to all........I added a few more and I'm trying to group us by our hometowns...... :goodvibes
jlawall - Eastern PA
DH 50 - Ken;ME 45 - JoAnn;DD 23 - Tara;DD 20 - Tracy;DD 17 - Jessica
"Rents" DF - 70 - Bill; DM - 69 - Alice
Pixie Dust II - Western PA
Harole Ann & Garry
lwilliam - Eastern PA
Lucy; Bob; Bryan - 21; Tyler - 15
DisneyMom 13 - Staten Island, NY
Deb; Micco; Alex; Brianna
DisneyMagic 316 traveling w/ AnnaS
DH; DD14; DS20; DS17
"Rents" - Bil & Sil
AnnaS - Staten Island, NY
DH; DW - Ann (25th Anniversary); DS21; DS19; DD14
Chipcnderely - TX - newlyweds!
Julie - 30s; Matt - 30s
Caven 553 - Nebraska
MIL - Linda; FIL - Ken; SILss - Laura; DW32 & DH33; DD3
tomspixie - Peoria, IL/FL
DH47 - Tom; DW40 - Tif; DD14 - Abby; DS12 - Iain; DS10 - Alec
Mrs.G & DH - 30th wedding anniversary!
3riverscruiser
DH; DW; DD8.99; DS7
Mary Jo - Los Angeles
MJ;Rascals....19,18
crzy4magic - Mass.
DH; DW; DS15; DS13; DS13; SIL; SIS; FIL
kerridvc - Massachusetts
DW; DH; DD12; DS16
Mrs. Jobba 2 - UK
DH - Dave & DW (taking Spanish!) - Helen
Andrew Derek - UK
DH; DW - Susan; DD11 - Alice; DS8 - Stephen
Lynn Tarrant - UK
Lynn & Keith
AJ Donn - WA
DH & DW
DisneyNut 1955
DH & DW
MV Photon - SC
DH; DW; DS11; DS9
Disneylover5 - Wash DC
DH48 (our 20th wedding anniversary) & Me (my 50th birthday)
DS18 (HS Grad and he will turn 18 while we cruise); DD13; DD11 (she will turn 11 a few days before we cruise)The other 25 are all friends.....
15 Adults and belonging to them are (30th anniversary and 20th anniversary and another 50th birthday!!)DS8; DS5; DS16; DS8; DD18 (HS Grad and will turn 18 while we cruise); DD5; DS17; DS11; DS17; DD13

Whew! That was quite a job! I tried to identify each of us. Please let me know if you want to add more details, etc. (or if I made a mistake!)

jlawall said:
Well.....I guess between the "Italian-Americans" and the "Brits" we are going to be just fine...........my goal will be to haggle in (I speak really bad Spanish) Italian while shopping in the Italian ports..........anyone else??? :goodvibes

Welcome to all........I guess it's time to organize our group........ :lmao:

jlawall - Eastern PA :grouphug:
DH 50 - Ken
ME 45 - JoAnn
DD 23 - Tara
DD 20 - Tracy
DD 17 - Jessica
"Rents" DF - 70 - Bill; DM - 69 - Alice

LynnTarrant - GB :cloud9:
Lynn
Keith

Pixie Dust II - Western PA :goodvibes

AnnaS - Staten Island, NY :wave2:

Chipcnderely - TX :love:
Julie - 30s
Matt - 30s
newlyweds!

DisneyMom 13 - Staten Island, NY pirate:
Deb
Micco
Alex
Brianna

lwilliam - Eastern PA :moped:
Lucy
Bob
Bryan - 21
Tyler - 15

DisneyMagic 316 traveling w/ AnnaS :yay:
DH
DD14
DS20
DS17
"Rents"
Bil & Sil

Mrs.G & DH - 30th wedding anniversary! :love:

3riverscruiser :sunny:
DH
DW
DD8.99
DS7

Caven 553 :goodvibes
MIL
FIL
SIL
DW & DH
DD3

Mary jo - MK :cool1:
MJ
Rascals....19,18

crzy4magic - Mass. :grouphug:
DH
DW
DS - 15
DS - 13
DS - 13
SIL
SIS
FIL

Mrs. Jobba 1 - UK :woohoo:
DH & DW (taking Spanish!)

Andrew Derek - UK :wave:

AJ Donn - WA :yay:
DH & DW

DisneyNut 1955 :)
DH & DW

MV Photon - SC :sunny:
DH
DW
DS11
DS9

Whew! That was quite a job! I tried to identify each of us. Please let me know if you want to add more details, etc. (or if I made a mistake!)
:woohoo:

Hi JoAnn (did I get that right?, I am terrible @ names ;) )

Just wanted to say thanks for the list - You did a great job. :thumbsup2

I think we have a very good group and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Just to explain my name - "MrsJobba2" I'm Helen & and DH is Dave .
Dave has always been called @Jobba since his early school days (surname Jobling) so When We got hitched I became - MrsJobba2.

What is really funny is the way they announce our name on the ship - we have heard some funny variations on our past cruises!

We don't have any Kids, :guilty: but we are big kids @ heart and have 3 mad border collie dogs .
Its the first day of the Easter hols - so I hope everyone has a good time

Take care
Helen x :woohoo:

Wow, 3 families from Staten Island on the same Disney Med cruise, IT IS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL. Anyway, nice to meet you Anna S. maybe us Staten Islanders can meet sometime before the cruise!

This sounds like a great group, 15 months is a long time, but I can't wait to meet everyone. :banana: :banana: Great job on the list, Joann, such an organizer. Oh, BTW, in those Italian ports, you are definitely going to need Micco. not only does he speak some Italian, he is a GREAT haggler. Sometimes to the point of embarrasment. I have had to walk away at times in Mexico when he gets started.

Debi

Interesting, Since Tuesday the cost of my stateroom on the DCL 11 day Med cruise has gone up, total Total Price: $ 15,368.00 up $1,400, and a GTY only.

Our party is four

Me Dad
DW Susan
Daughter Alice will be 11
Son Stephen will be 8.
My children had pen freinds for the 14 day LA>PC repo any Kids on this one want to be pen friends? Please send a PM, they know a lot about DLP.
MrsJobba1 said:
For those in Uk - I've emailed BA, Monarch and fly globespan (scotland) to find out when they release the flights for july 2007. Monarch ( Manchester) have replied so far saying this summer. Also found jet2. com fly to barcelona from leeds bradford and Thomson fly . com from coventry.

They usally come available 11 months before, so for July its August, but if you return in August it will be September. BA has many flights.

Looks like we have a nice group already. Thanks for the list.

I am sure many more will find us.

Whenever you update in the future - five of us. 4th DCL Cruise with Disneymagic316 and family.

DH
Myself :teeth: - 25th Wedding Anniversary
DS 21
DS 19
DD 14

My next question was going to be what does "rents" mean, now I know - I see it listed under my friends's list - and I know she is traveling with the "rents" (Parents)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter