July help for my Brother in law

MouseEars4us

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!
Before I state my request, let me say I have been planning MY vacation for over a year and even though I offered advice months ago, he just asked for help. ::yes::
My Brother-in-law, a young widower, has planned a trip to the World for 4 days in July, over the 18th. He is taking his 21year old son ( who is very bright, but ADHD and socially challenged(?)and celebrating his birthday) and my BIL's new Fiance. They have asked for advice on where to eat.
I have never been to WDW in July (and will avoid it at all costs)
Could anyone offer some suggestions? My nephew is very friendly, he loves fantasy, we went as a family in '94 so I know he will love going back... I want him to have a good time as his mom was sick for a long time before she died and it was hard for him...but what is left to schedule at this late date?
Thanks Much! Jenn

Priority seating wise? Probably nearly anything. I'll guess that they aren't interested in the Princess breakfasts, right? Hoop De Doo won't work either, as that is usually jammed, but sometimes a late show can be available close to the date.

Tell them to make a PS or two where ever the meals appeal to them. They'll be fine, otherwise. You are a good sister to be helping!

They can still get PS? I'm amazed! I thought being several weeks from the arrival date there wouldn't be much left...
Whew! I was worried for them, I don't think they've planned anything, not even which park which day so I'm trying to round up a few tips to help encourage a little planning...maybe some of my planning"itis" will rub off:teeth:
Jenn

Suggest PSs for the Sci-Fi at MGM, any of the WS restaurants depending on food preference, and possibly a FDP. Tell them to use EE and FP to cut wait times on rides. California Grill will also WOW them - suggest that they make a PS so they can view fireworks. And I wish them a magical trip!

Sci-Fi was alot of fun when we ate there, never been to Cali. Grill...I'll suggest it, fireworks are always good! EE was used the last time they went, but FP is new since their last visit, I hope I can explain it to them...
Thanks for the many tips, every little bit helps!
Jenn

What about Whispering Canyon? It is a fun place - even for all adults - if they would enjoy the possible "shenanigans". Maybe Beaches and Cream for a lunch/light dinner - they could order the Kitchen Sink!

I agree with Sci Fi, my boys (even when they were older) also liked the ESPN Club, my son and DH also like Le Cellier ( a good steak place). If they'd like to do a character meal, my boys always liked Chef Mickey. I would also imagine you could get PS's almost anywhere, we people here at the DIS make it sound like this all has to be done "YEARS" in advance, but it's usually not true. Most of us are VERY compulsive planners and talk like we HAVE to do the NOW or else. But at "most" places you can even call for PS's that day and they have them. I used to do that. Just to make sure though, it wouldn't hurt to do it now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter