July W.I.S.H - Summer of Independence!

Good Afternoon!

My name is Megan and I'm 35, no kids just my cat Minnie and my DH. I work in the office of a credit union (my standing desk should be coming soon!) July is going to be exciting for me cause I'm visiting my family in California and I'll get to go to Disneyland July 2 ( I'm hoping my sister, nephew and I can score a boarding pass for Webslingers). My C25K training will be completed in July and I will be "running" my first 5k. The Virtual Lion King Musical race. I probably wont be able to run the whole thing but I'll do my best.
July 23rd will be my 75th day of dieting and being more active (I workout or jog 6 days a week). I haven't weighed myself since I started that and I hope to see a better number or at least fit into some pair of jeans that were a little too tight pre Covid.
I hope I will be able to finish strong on both those things in July as well as not go too crazy on the Disney snacks when I'm there (although a churro is a must!).
It is nice to meet all of you and I can't wait to interact all month of July!!!!!!!!
Welcome!

Ah Wednesday,second day of the trip. My body took a beating yesterday on my feet most of the day walking around a warm muggy building, sweating. I’m hoping we’ll have more sitting time today, organizing what we’re learning and building out our project roadmap. My woohoo is that this is the first time in a long time where we’ve done things right by starting with engagement of the operations folks, who will be working with what we build.

Also woohoo that the temps in Seattle have settled down to what is more normal for summer.

Ah Wednesday,second day of the trip. My body took a beating yesterday on my feet most of the day walking around a warm muggy building, sweating. I’m hoping we’ll have more sitting time today, organizing what we’re learning and building out our project roadmap. My woohoo is that this is the first time in a long time where we’ve done things right by starting with engagement of the operations folks, who will be working with what we build.

Also woohoo that the temps in Seattle have settled down to what is more normal for summer.
We've been in the 90's...today will be 96, but seeing your temperatures up to 108! That blew my mind. I'm glad that you will be getting some relief.

WOO HOO! The 90+ degree temperatures where I live are warming up my pool. Until now, it has been 57 degrees overnight resulting in a glacially cold pool, so the only way to enjoy it was to sit atop a float and cringe getting in and out of the water. Yesterday, it was bath water. HEAVEN. Even though the air quality is bad, and I have a touch of sunburn from yesterday...even though I wore a 30 SPF sunscreen, I plan on putting on a t-shirt and using my albuterol inhaler so that I can enjoy more of that heavenly warm pool water.

WOO HOO! I had so much fun with my friend yesterday! I am looking forward to more fun summer days with my friends.

WOO HOO! We are 23 days from departure to Margaritaville!!!

Thankful it has been a good trip and thankful to be going home today. We’ll spend most of the day recapping and organizing what we learned into the first draft of the project plan.

Thankful the temps in Seattle have dropped, I didn’t feel good about leaving the kittens Monday when it was so hot, even with the pet nanny stopping by.

Thankful that this trip has been with people I genuinely enjoy. I’ve done well being around people for most of the day including going out to dinner together and have been socially comfortable.

Last edited:
It has been a busy week. I am woohoo a few things. I am down 2.2 pounds since the beginning of June. I weigh in each month and look for about a 2 pound lose each month. It is not huge but it has been working. I started thing February.

I am Thankful and Woohooing that today is my last day of work until the 13th. It is much needed. We are not going anywhere other then taking kids to there soccer stuff. But at least I won't need to stress about getting them to and from practice while I am working.

My WiFi has been terrible these last couple days-but I think we have the problem sorted out.

Woohoo-we added an extra day at the Grand Floridian villas and my daughter snagged us a reservation at Citricos for one of our nights. I have never been to this restaurant, so really looking forward to it. We also have have one for Narcosees, another first.
Woohoo that I have managed to get two miles in every day-we had some hot weather but I think our storm tonight has cooled things off. Have also enjoyed the neighborhood pool (because the ocean is 67 degrees!).

I am very thankful our family from Texas will be joining us for the next week. It will be crazy around here, but fun! Weather looks good for Sunday’s fireworks.

Happy weekend and safe travels, everyone!

My WiFi has been terrible these last couple days-but I think we have the problem sorted out.

Woohoo-we added an extra day at the Grand Floridian villas and my daughter snagged us a reservation at Citricos for one of our nights. I have never been to this restaurant, so really looking forward to it. We also have have one for Narcosees, another first.
Woohoo that I have managed to get two miles in every day-we had some hot weather but I think our storm tonight has cooled things off. Have also enjoyed the neighborhood pool (because the ocean is 67 degrees!).

I am very thankful our family from Texas will be joining us for the next week. It will be crazy around here, but fun! Weather looks good for Sunday’s fireworks.

Happy weekend and safe travels, everyone!
It all sounds wonderful! Love Narcoossees.

Finally getting vacation pictures together.

Port Townsend: the hotel I stayed at is the building in the middle of the pic and the whale watching boat is the one pointed to the left.

Ft Warden beach area looking north to Mt Baker.

The balloon.

View from the balloon.

So, so, so, so very happy to be home. The plane left Chicago late but we got in early, the 20 minutes early was a sweet gift as it was still around 10:30pm before I got home. The Girls seemed pretty upset, they were a bit standoffish and Ester started giving me a verbal scolding the minute I walked in the door... at least I thought she was. Turns out she was actually trying to tell me there was a fly on the ceiling. I slept heavy last night, it felt so good to be in my own bed first time in a week since I was sleeping on the sofa before I left.

Today is a catch-up and get organized day, but I honestly don't care very much. Whatever gets done gets done then it's off for the long weekend. I weighed the same this morning, a small miracle since the cuisine de la Cedar Rapids is meat on meat smothered with cheese sprinkled with more meat. I did really well avoiding problematic foods tho. I'm going to start a juice cleanse for the holiday weekend, I really feel ready for it now. Other than that it will be household and yard chores that were delayed because of the extreme heat.

Happy 4th everyone... or Happy Sunday if you don't celebrate.

Last edited:
What beautiful pictures! A whale watching cruise is definitely on my bucket list-we did see gray whales swim by the year we stayed at a friend’s house in Cabo San Lucas. That was amazing! We often see dolphins from the shore here in OC-the lifeguards call people in when they get too close.

I'm Linda from the Pacific Northwest. We are officially empty nesters since the twins we had for two years went back to their mom a couple weeks ago and DS2 is living with his girlfriend and will head off to his final year of college this fall.

We returned in the wee hours this morning from a few days in Florida. It was such a treat! DH has decided we should make this a yearly event. I'm all for that and with the money we'll save in childcare it should be a very do-able yearly vacation!!!

Now that we're home and just the two of us I can focus on how I want to eat! Not too worried about DH because he has decided to live on Kirkland protein bars, Kirkland steak strips and apples. I need to learn to cook for just two again with leftovers for just one. Should be a fun challenge!! There was no food in the house when we returned, but I wasn't feeling very meal plan-y so just grabbed a few things at the market. The best thing I got was cherries! So so yummy!! I love the fresh foods of summer!

I'm Linda from the Pacific Northwest. We are officially empty nesters since the twins we had for two years went back to their mom a couple weeks ago and DS2 is living with his girlfriend and will head off to his final year of college this fall.

We returned in the wee hours this morning from a few days in Florida. It was such a treat! DH has decided we should make this a yearly event. I'm all for that and with the money we'll save in childcare it should be a very do-able yearly vacation!!!

Now that we're home and just the two of us I can focus on how I want to eat! Not too worried about DH because he has decided to live on Kirkland protein bars, Kirkland steak strips and apples. I need to learn to cook for just two again with leftovers for just one. Should be a fun challenge!! There was no food in the house when we returned, but I wasn't feeling very meal plan-y so just grabbed a few things at the market. The best thing I got was cherries! So so yummy!! I love the fresh foods of summer!
Glad you had a good trip! How was the concert?

I started the day at the nursery picking up a few things to refresh the porch pots, overall they did ok in the heat but there are a few sad looking plants that need to come out. Just finished some lovely avocado toast now trying to decide if I want to go across the street to the bookstore. Don’t need any books, but it is so close by…

Yesterday I gave myself a ‘free’ day and had my Starbucks iced chia for breakfast and a piece of pie with dinner. My ankles puffed up so that answered that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter