• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 11 Viva Italia

SLK1

DIS Veteran
The date is really creeping up on me. I'm so hesitant and feeling so conflicted about this trip. It is a 40th birthday present from my husband, and I'm going on it with my 15-year-old son. My husband is still gainfully employed, thank goodness, but I worry so much about the economy and money. My husband is insisting I go, but I know the guilt will be killing me. So, I'm wondering 1). Is anyone out there on my trip? 2). Any words of wisdom on how I can feel better about this wonderful, yet extravagant, trip?

You should really try not to worry about the price of the trip any more, it will just spoil the enjoyment!!! It is already paid for and decided. I feel the same way about my upcoming honeymoon trip (Backstage Magic)....I feel like maybe we should be a little more frugal b/c of the economy. But now I have decided to focus on the trip itself, how wonderful and fun and special it will be, and I have realized that in 10 years, or 50 years, I will remember the trip and what a wonderful time we've (hopefully) had. I don't think that in 10 years I will really care if I saved a couple thousand dollars on my honeymoon trip; the amount of money seems big now but not in the long term perspective :)
So please try to enjoy the trip, I am sure your husband wants you to have a great once in a lifetime experience, and would be disappointed if you couldn't enjoy it because of worrying about the economy/finances/etc. And just think that you'll remember this trip for the rest of your life, and it will be a perfect way to memorialize your birthday with your son :)

You should really try not to worry about the price of the trip any more, it will just spoil the enjoyment!!! It is already paid for and decided. I feel the same way about my upcoming honeymoon trip (Backstage Magic)....I feel like maybe we should be a little more frugal b/c of the economy. But now I have decided to focus on the trip itself, how wonderful and fun and special it will be, and I have realized that in 10 years, or 50 years, I will remember the trip and what a wonderful time we've (hopefully) had. I don't think that in 10 years I will really care if I saved a couple thousand dollars on my honeymoon trip; the amount of money seems big now but not in the long term perspective :)
So please try to enjoy the trip, I am sure your husband wants you to have a great once in a lifetime experience, and would be disappointed if you couldn't enjoy it because of worrying about the economy/finances/etc. And just think that you'll remember this trip for the rest of your life, and it will be a perfect way to memorialize your birthday with your son :)
What she said! I don't think I could say it better!

Sayhello

The date is really creeping up on me. I'm so hesitant and feeling so conflicted about this trip. It is a 40th birthday present from my husband, and I'm going on it with my 15-year-old son. My husband is still gainfully employed, thank goodness, but I worry so much about the economy and money. My husband is insisting I go, but I know the guilt will be killing me. So, I'm wondering 1). Is anyone out there on my trip? 2). Any words of wisdom on how I can feel better about this wonderful, yet extravagant, trip?

I am going to be blunt: Nobody was ever promised tommorow, My mother spent a great part of her life worrying about money due to the way she grew up and was always affraid to spend any on herself, then my sister and I grew up and were both gainfully employed, and then she had a great life plan, my father retired and she was going to work for two more years until my dad was eligible for Social Security and then she would retire and they would travel. It was a great plan too bad she never got to live it. My mother passed away, very suddenly, 8 months after my dad retired, they never got to Travel and do stuff they wanted. Go on the trip, it is already paid for and it is a gift, don't have any regrets in life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter