June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

Prices seemed to have finally dropped for my dates! We are there from 6/23-6/30 and I just checked this morning and prices dropped. I used a Visa discount that included 20% off and $30 off, and I was able to get an economy for $133. I'm going to keep checking until we leave to see if I can get it even lower, but hopefully this helps someone!

I sees a compact for $111 or full size for $134 with Budget through Costco.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

For June 21-26, just got a $13/day rate for a mid-size ($112 w/ tax) with Avis on a bid through Priceline.

Goobylal,
Yes, it was 159.63 with taxes. It started out at 350.00 I checked everyday at all different times during the day. Even if it was just 10.00 difference I canceled and rebooked. I used the Costco Code-7015309 and AA coupon AD2359FDF. Good Luck!

Thank you. Finally got a midsize SUV for $159.13 including tx for 8 days June 23 to July 1.

Prices are not coming down for my 15 days (15-30 of June). Well, I guess they have but they still aren't as great as they were at the end of April. I could get a midsize SUV for $350, but I've got a full size for $225... so I'm keeping the full size. I check three times a day hoping the price has gone down. Not so far...

Goobylal,
I used the Costco Code-7015309 and AA coupon AD2359FDF.
Good Luck!

I just got a great deal with Alamo for a fullsize rental car for $116 for the 8 days June 23rd to July 1st 2012, using these codes. Goodbye mini SUV for $159. I'll be saving myself $43 finding a cross over in the full size isle.

Prices for my dates have gone back up. I'm picking up my car June 30th.....I got a 13 day rental for $138 incl tax for a midsize(full size was only $12 more). Now, an economy is $205 plus tax.

Had mentioned earlier that I scored a full-size car at Alamo for June 4-10 for $75.08.

When we returned the car, the return agent printed our receipt and then said, "how did you get such a low rate? That's lower than I can get!"

I just replied, "just keep checking Disboards for great rates and coupon codes!". :cool1:

I'm so glad I've monitored this thread. I cannot even tell you how many cancellations I've made.

Finally ended up with a standard car for $110 through Alamo. June 24-July1

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread!

Just changed my ressie AGAIN. I booked on Costco.com using their low fare finder. Got a Full-Size through Budget from MCO. June 23 @ 10:30 AM to July 8 @ 7AM. total with tax is $202! :banana:

Just doing my daily prices check for our trip starting June 18 landing in SFB, Alamo jumped back up to $200/week for a full size, but Hertz just dropped down to $106/week with AAA and there's a $50 AAA coupon right on there site also. Booked for our 2 weeks $217 taxes in ... whoo who!
Come on National/Alamo you still have a few days left to beat the competition :duck:

Just doing my daily prices check for our trip starting June 18 landing in SFB, Alamo jumped back up to $200/week for a full size, but Hertz just dropped down to $106/week with AAA and there's a $50 AAA coupon right on there site also. Booked for our 2 weeks $217 taxes in ... whoo who!
Come on National/Alamo you still have a few days left to beat the competition :duck:

WOW!..... Awesome!
I'm still searching....but Our trip has changed dates so many times, I've lost several incredible rates I'd found on carrentalsavers ...p/u at MCO, drive back to Houston. We need the "flexibility" to be able to head home early if an "emergency" arises. Leaning more-n-more towards driving both ways now. Yuk!

We just returned from our trip yesterday. We had a standard-sized rental through Alamo using the Costco and American Airlines codes. I brought both membership cards just in case, but no one asked to see them. We were told we could choose any car we wanted that was in the garage row, so we chose a Toyota Camry. When I unlocked the car, DS said the car smelled brand new. I checked the mileage and it had only 6 miles on it, so yes, it was brand spanking new -- and all for $9 per day (before taxes/fees)!

One thing to be aware of, is that the man at the rental counter said I could not add my DH as a 2nd driver for free (he's an Insiders member, too) since we already had a big discount. He said it was one discount or the other (free driver), but not both. After he saw my distress, he said he'd go ahead and add the extra driver at no charge, but that for the future, it could not be combined with another discount.

No one else mentioned this, so YMMV at the Orlando rental counter. I'm guessing maybe just this one agent was trying to get more money out of me. So if that happens to anyone else who happens to get waited on by this guy, just ask to speak to a manager because that's what I would have done if he hadn't given me the free extra driver.

We just picked up our car yesterday. The lady at the Alamo desk was really pushing a mini van on us but we had rented a full-size. We declined because the van would make our rate increase by $11 a day....but then when we got out to the garage there were at least 5 mini vans on the full sized row!!!! So we got a mini van anyway! Our total was less than $200 for an 11 day rental!!!!:dance3:

We just picked up our car yesterday. The lady at the Alamo desk was really pushing a mini van on us but we had rented a full-size. We declined because the van would make our rate increase by $11 a day....but then when we got out to the garage there were at least 5 mini vans on the full sized row!!!! So we got a mini van anyway! Our total was less than $200 for an 11 day rental!!!!:dance3:

alamo needs to lay off the pushiness. We may not be renting with them in the future due to this.

alamo needs to lay off the pushiness. We may not be renting with them in the future due to this.

I understand why you might feel that way. Last time we rented in December we used the kiosk (because of the huge line) and I mentioned to my husband that was much easier simply because the agent tried to add on to our rental by selling everything. We just kept saying "no thanks...." The one thing that puzzled my husband the most was road-side assistance. We do have AAA but wouldn't that be the car rental company's responsibility anyway???
But hey we did get a nice mini-van for a great price...just glad we weren't pushed into upgrading because I would have been really ticked if I had seen all those vans in the full-sized row (if I had paid extra!)

Does anyone if Budget operates like Alamo at MCO? W have not rented from them for years but are this time (for now). I like being able to get my pick of the litter.

Does anyone if Budget operates like Alamo at MCO? W have not rented from them for years but are this time (for now). I like being able to get my pick of the litter.

I'm pretty sure that Budget asigns you a particular car.

I also like being able to choose my car from the row. I usually go for something red so that it's easy to pick out in a parking lot.

We usually do Hertz or Avis, and this is my first time renting from Alamo. So can someone explain to me how it works with the "row" and picking out a car? And should I go to the counter or the kiosk to check in? I am really hoping to save time as much as possible because we are doing a college tour at Rollins the afternoon we arrive.
Thanks for any info!!

There's usually an express kiosk to self check out your car if you have your reservation number. Or you could go to the counter in the airport terminal on in the parking lot itself.
Most of the rental car companies including Alamo have their cars assigned by categories in designated rows with the signs above the row. Sometimes you may find something extra there also. I once found a crossover in the full size isle that only had 86 miles on it!

For those who already have a reservation, check the rates again. Mine went down significantly from what I'd looked at 6 months ago. Our trip is 23 June - 8 July, and I was able to snag a total price of $337.98 for a full-sized car for those 15 days. ($110 a week + $15 for the extra day.) Even while I was online checking prices, last night, I saw it drop another $20 a week. (I had to start over again because I'd put the wrong pick-up time. I wanted the car an hour earlier than I'd originally put in the search. I don't think it should have been the search itself changing the price, because I was wanting to have the car even longer. In the 15-20 minutes between that first search and the second search, the quote for 3 of the car companies had dropped. The lowest offers went from $129 to $110 per week.) I think it was Dollar, Thrify, and Enterprise that were at that price point. I went with Dollar.

We're doing a split stay, with most of the trip at Wilderness Lodge and a few days at Vero Beach. I was actually only going to book a car for the Vero portion and rely on Disney transportation for the rest. There was only about $100 difference between the two prices, though. (4 days with a WDW pick-up and return vs. 15 days with an airport pick-up and return.) That was too good to pass up so I booked the car for the whole 15 days. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter