June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

Like you, we had good laundry luck. We never did it on a first sea day, though, because then it was jammed up. We typically did ours after we got back on a port day, especially if we were a little early back.

All 6 functional washers and dryers were going every morning when I walked by at 4:45 on 7th floor. It was the most insane place I've ever seen! I waited in line for 90 minutes on the night we left Civitavecchia and decided that I might have better luck early in the morning. It's a good thing I am a happy morning person. :)

Did anyone else purchase a piece of Murano glass in Venice and have it shipped home? Just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. :confused3 It seems to be taking a long time to receive it, but maybe that is because I'm so excited to get it. ;)

I hung my shadowbox at our lake cottage last weekend. The blue dish is sitting on my counter with tomatoes from the garden on it. :thumbsup2

I believe the ship leaves this Thursday for our itinerary. Wish I was back on it! Wonder if they will get goodies like we did.

Did anyone else purchase a piece of Murano glass in Venice and have it shipped home? Just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. :confused3 It seems to be taking a long time to receive it, but maybe that is because I'm so excited to get it. ;)

My mother and I both got our Murano glass shipped home, and both of us received our shipments on Monday! Yours should be coming any day now!:woohoo:

I hung my shadowbox at our lake cottage last weekend. The blue dish is sitting on my counter with tomatoes from the garden on it. :thumbsup2

I believe the ship leaves this Thursday for our itinerary. Wish I was back on it! Wonder if they will get goodies like we did.

They won't get the cool stuff since they were inaugural sailing gifts. This was our first inaugural sailing (well, the Greece itinerary was but they blend in my mind). I'm excited to read their trip reports when they get back... We were the trailblazers for them, particularly with Venice.

Did anyone order a photo cd from shutters? They told us on the morning of debarkation that the cd would be mailed to us in 2 weeks. Hoping we get it soon...and that It has the right photos on it.

Did anyone order a photo cd from shutters? They told us on the morning of debarkation that the cd would be mailed to us in 2 weeks. Hoping we get it soon...and that It has the right photos on it.

We didn't order one, but several people on the Greece cruise before this one had their CDs to take with them and they were a mess, so they're being reshipped - they are just beginning to receive theirs that were coming in the mail. By a mess I mean things like heads cut off, wrong frames / ports / info on the borders, etc.

Did anyone else notice that the borders said Pompei ? I always thought it was Pompeii so it looked strange to me, but then I've seen it both ways.

My mother and I both got our Murano glass shipped home, and both of us received our shipments on Monday! Yours should be coming any day now!:woohoo:

Oh, I hope so!! :goodvibes I keep checking my front door. I hope you don't mind a few more questions. How was it delivered - UPS? Also, did you have to sign for it?

We received our Shutters CD yesterday and everything matched up with the pictures we carried off the ship. Hopefully yours will get there soon!

We received our Shutters CD yesterday and everything matched up with the pictures we carried off the ship. Hopefully yours will get there soon!

Thanks! We got ours yesterday too! It took forever; I mean forever to download, but it had the right photos on it so all is well :)

We are still waiting for our Murano glass from the Linea factory. Have you received yours yet. Our shipments from Venice (masks) and Malta (glass) have both show up, but no glass yet. I can't wait to get it!

We are still waiting for our Murano glass from the Linea factory. Have you received yours yet. Our shipments from Venice (masks) and Malta (glass) have both show up, but no glass yet. I can't wait to get it!

I still haven't received my Murano glass! :sad: It also was purchased from the Linea factory. You actually just made me feel better that someone else hasn't received theirs. As the saying goes, misery loves company. ;) I was going to let a few more days go by and send an e-mail inquiring about the shipment. It will be a month since ordering it on August 3rd. Seems like forever - I've been really anxious to receive it.

I still haven't received my Murano glass! :sad: It also was purchased from the Linea factory. You actually just made me feel better that someone else hasn't received theirs. As the saying goes, misery loves company. ;) I was going to let a few more days go by and send an e-mail inquiring about the shipment. It will be a month since ordering it on August 3rd. Seems like forever - I've been really anxious to receive it.

HI thumpery - we received notice today that our glass has shipped. Right now it is sitting in Germany according to the tracking numbers. Hope it doesn't take too long. It's been a long wait, but so much better than carrying back. So far everything we had shipped has arrived in perfect condition.

HI thumpery - we received notice today that our glass has shipped. Right now it is sitting in Germany according to the tracking numbers. Hope it doesn't take too long. It's been a long wait, but so much better than carrying back. So far everything we had shipped has arrived in perfect condition.

Hi jkind - Thanks so much for letting me know. I still have heard nothing, but at least it sounds promising. I hope I hear something soon too. The anticipation is driving me crazy. My dining room table looks so empty without a centerpiece. Lol!

Post pics when you do get it...

Hi jkind - Thanks so much for letting me know. I still have heard nothing, but at least it sounds promising. I hope I hear something soon too. The anticipation is driving me crazy. My dining room table looks so empty without a centerpiece. Lol!

Great, I can't wait to see what you purchased.
My summer has been very boring compared to the beginning, I have to learn how to relax.
Hope your summer is good. Miss everyone, the amazing food, and everything else...
Kay

Hi Kay - Hope you are having a great summer! :) I will post a picture whenever I finally receive it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter