June, CSR, GAD, and GLAD about it!

First, I hope everyone has had a nice Easter. The weather in Southern PA has been wacky. 85 degrees one day and 52 degrees a few days later. As long as it isn't snowing, I am happy.:)

Here is a pic of DDs taken on Easter. I can't get over how old they are. The older DD was made to hunt eggs by her 8 year old cousin. I could tell that she did not want to do it, but did it because it made him happy. :lovestruc

Girlssmall.jpg
[/IMG]

OK so, back to day one. I am pretty sure we have decided to not do any sightseeing in DC. I think we are going to take our time to get ready and finish packing at home. Then in the late afternoon, drive to MD to eat dinner. We should be able to then miss rush hour in DC on the way to the hotel.

Why?? Well it will be cheaper this way and also, we won't have spent a whole day walking in the heat before getting to "The Happiest Place on Earth".

Now, My DH is not exactly a man who can sit around once we are ready. I, of course, will have everything packed by 10:00am. So, it will surprise me if we actually wait until the afternoon to leave. The girls will be itching to go early. We'll see:confused3

OK, I need to get started on my touring plans soon. May is a crazy month at school what with the end of the year events and the variety show rehearsals. If I don't start them before May, I will feel rushed later. I know, CRAZY!!!:rotfl2:

Oh, Yeah, we are going to NYC May 1 to see Wicked. CAN'T WAIT:cloud9:

My Count down is definitely getting smaller!!

Good call in keeping your strength up for the long days at WDW!!

My daughters just bought the Wicked soundtrack; it sounds wonderful, although the story sounds rather difficult to follow!!

Good choice! Save your feet for Disney!!

Your girls are beautiful!

OOOOhh...Wicked in NYC!! How awesome!! :thumbsup2

Thanks, We are excited. This will be the first time for me and the girls in NYC without DH. I will be in charge!:scared1:

Good call in keeping your strength up for the long days at WDW!!

My daughters just bought the Wicked soundtrack; it sounds wonderful, although the story sounds rather difficult to follow!!

Honestly, I read the book and didn't like it at all!! My girls read the book and loved it. They have the soundtrack and have watched so many clips on You Tube, they said that the story of the musical was very different.

I will love anything on B-Way. This will only be my 3rd show.

Hey there! I think you must have come to the same realization I did! THAT JUNE BOARD IS TOOO BIG!!! I really wanted to talk shop and plan, but it wasn't happening!

First off, we are right behind you. It really seems like our ADR's are for the day after yours everywhere you go! Maybe we'll have to exchange phone numbers so you can tell me where not to go! :lmao:

Secondly, your daughters are lovely! :)

I'm in! If you want to see how our plans compare, I started a PTR this morning. Link in my signature!

Hey there! I think you must have come to the same realization I did! THAT JUNE BOARD IS TOOO BIG!!! I really wanted to talk shop and plan, but it wasn't happening!

First off, we are right behind you. It really seems like our ADR's are for the day after yours everywhere you go! Maybe we'll have to exchange phone numbers so you can tell me where not to go! :lmao:

Secondly, your daughters are lovely! :)

I'm in! If you want to see how our plans compare, I started a PTR this morning. Link in my signature!

Thanks, I am heading over to your report right now.

60 days!!!!!:banana::cool1::woohoo:

OK, so after not touring Washington DC, we will find a hotel to sleep near Reagan International.

Everyone I talk to has a suggestion about parking. About 50% of the people think we should find a hotel that will let you keep your car there and take you to the airport. The other 50% tell us to drive to the airport. DH is leaning towards parking at the airport. His reason? He does not want to rely on a hotel shuttle to take us back to our car once we get back from FL. He wants to get on the road ASAP.

Anyway, no matter what we decide, we will wake up and head to the airport. I would like to go through check-in and security, then find something to eat while waiting for our flight. DH doesn't know this yet.

Once arriving in Orlando, we will find ME and head to CSR. We used ME in 2006, and it was a breeze. Here's to hoping.:thumbsup2

If the world were perfect, our room will be ready. We will go and freshen up and apply sunscreen before heading to Epcot. Of course, I am not expecting this. I'm assuming we will have to check our carry-ons with luggage services and put on sunscreen in the bathroom.

BTW: Can I carry sunscreen on the plane??

We will head to EPCOT as soon as we are ready.

I don't know where lunch will be. Airport?? CSR?? Epcot??

Once we have arrived at Epcot, we will head to WS. We are going to WS first this trip because we don't usually give this the time that it deserves. It is usually too hot, or we are too tired to go slow. This is be the first time that we go first thing. We will follow the non-touring plan that I have created. We will, of course, tour countries as we go.
(I'm sure if the line at SE is short, we will jump on real quick!!)

June 17: EPCOT: Evening EMH
World Showcase:
· Kim Possible Adventure
· Maelstrom: Must do
· Gran Fiesta Tour: If time
· The American Adventure
· Impressions de France
· Street Performers: See Times Guide
· Dinner: 6:00 pm: Chefs de France:
· Illuminations: 9:00
Best places: International Gateway Island
Second floor deck of the Mitsukoshi Building in Japan
Gondola Landing in Italy
The boat dock opposite Germany
Lagoon side walkway between Germany and China

If anyone has a better spot to view Illuminations, please let me know. We have never seen it. I know I will have to be aware of wind direction.

It is an evening EMH that day. I have no plan for after Illuminations. We may head back to CSR right away or not. We are playing it by ear. :yay:

Well everybody, what do you think??? Did I forget anything??

60 DAYS!!!!:woohoo:

Sounds like a great plan. And you can take sunscreen on the plane if it is less than 5 ounces I think. Your Epcot plans sound great. We love the world showcase. I'd consider eating lunch there. The CS in Morocco is yummy!

You can take sunscreen on the plane if it is less than 3 ounces. You can find it in the travel size section at Walmart or Target for about $1. NO problem!

The last time we arrived at POR it was before noon and our room was ready...so don't count that out! :thumbsup2

We watched Illuminations from the boat dock opposite the German pavilion. It was a great spot! Plus..you can get a giant pretzel to enjoy while you wait! ;)

World Showcase is amazing! I'm so glad you are taking the time to enjoy it this trip! :)

Sounds good! I also think CS in WS, there is a lot to choose from.

As for illuminations, the best tip I have is to ask a CM. We asked a couple, and got a couple of great suggestions for more hidden spots. Ended up on a bench in Japan. There was a huge storm brewing, and the huge store in Japan makes for a great place to hide! We were fine, never rained, lots of wind, but we found out a tornado touched down at the Orlando mall just outside of WDW! :scared1:

Sounds like a great plan. And you can take sunscreen on the plane if it is less than 5 ounces I think. Your Epcot plans sound great. We love the world showcase. I'd consider eating lunch there. The CS in Morocco is yummy!

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure my family can wait that long for lunch. Also our dinner is at 6:00, so we can't eat lunch too late. Maybe a snack instead of a lunch!

You can take sunscreen on the plane if it is less than 3 ounces. You can find it in the travel size section at Walmart or Target for about $1. NO problem!

The last time we arrived at POR it was before noon and our room was ready...so don't count that out! :thumbsup2

We watched Illuminations from the boat dock opposite the German pavilion. It was a great spot! Plus..you can get a giant pretzel to enjoy while you wait! ;)

World Showcase is amazing! I'm so glad you are taking the time to enjoy it this trip! :)

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see Illuminations. This is one of my dreams. :cloud9:

Sounds good! I also think CS in WS, there is a lot to choose from.

As for illuminations, the best tip I have is to ask a CM. We asked a couple, and got a couple of great suggestions for more hidden spots. Ended up on a bench in Japan. There was a huge storm brewing, and the huge store in Japan makes for a great place to hide! We were fine, never rained, lots of wind, but we found out a tornado touched down at the Orlando mall just outside of WDW! :scared1:

Great idea!! Thanks, You all have given me plenty to think about.

I'm so sorry that I have been so negligent lately. We have had 2 college visits and a college fair in the last 2 weeks. Now I am getting ready to take my DDs and my MIL to NYC on Saturday. We have tickets for Wicked. (We've had them since Dec.) It is a bus trip, so I have to think of something to do before the show. The weather is supposed to be nice.

I just don't know what to do. We aren't shoppers. Maybe Central Park. I have never been there. I just don't know.:confused3

Also, I keep going around and around about how to do a touring plan with the FP for GAD. But maybe my problem is we don't need a plan. Maybe because of the FP, we can do what we want when we want to. I will give this some thought. Any thoughts??

I promise not to be so scarce from now on. Thank you to my readers.:hug:

Your plans look great. I think it is either 4 or 5 oz or smaller, you would be allowed to carry it on the airplane. Have a wonderful time at Wicked! I would love to see it someday. I like to visit Central Park and Time Square when I was in NYC a long time ago.

You sound really busy, but in a good way. But it'll be good to see you more, when you can be back :)

Central Park is great! And do you like art? One of the best museums in the country is the Metropolitan Museum of Art that sits on the edge of Central Park. As an art history teacher I highly reommend it!

Your plans look great. I think it is either 4 or 5 oz or smaller, you would be allowed to carry it on the airplane. Have a wonderful time at Wicked! I would love to see it someday. I like to visit Central Park and Time Square when I was in NYC a long time ago.

Wicked was amazing. My DDs loved it. We did end up walking a little of Central Park. I also go to go to FAO Schwartz for the first time in my life.

You sound really busy, but in a good way. But it'll be good to see you more, when you can be back :)

I am definitely working on touring plans today. Will post "ideas" later.

Central Park is great! And do you like art? One of the best museums in the country is the Metropolitan Museum of Art that sits on the edge of Central Park. As an art history teacher I highly reommend it!

Central Park was great. The weather was amazing. We ended up having delicious pizza near Central Park.

Little Wicked story. My BIL is a musician and has 2 friends that are in the show. These very nice gentlemen gave us a little back stage tour. We got to stand on the stage and see the props. The girls were most impressed with Elphaba's broom and Glinda's wand. It is something they will never forget. One of our tour guides actually played Fiyero that day. (He is the understudy)

If you have never seen this show, it is worth the trip to NYC to see it.:cloud9:

I am exhausted. That is a lot of walking in one day. It is getting me ready for WDW!!!! I can now say, "We are going to WDW next month!!"":cool1:

Ok, so I made a general plan for DHS using the GAD FP. I'm not sure this will be necessary, but I thought I would have it in case we need it.

This will be the first day of using our GAD vouchers. :cool1:

RFP= regular FP
GFP= GAD FP

June 18: DHS: EMH 8:00-8:00
· Go get RFP for TSM: Mom
· Ride ToT: H, H, & C
· Ride RNRC: All
· Ride The Great Movie Ride
· Get RFP for ToT (if window is open)
· Use RFP to ride TSM
· Use GFP to see The Voyage of the Little Mermaid
· Ride Backlot Tour: if time
· Use GFP to see Lights, Motor, Action: if necessary
· See Muppets 3-D
· Use GFP to ride Star Tours
· See Indiana Jones
· Use RFP for ToT
· Use GFP to ride RNRC
· See The Magic of Disney Animation
· Use GFP for ToT
· Use GFP for RnRC
· See Beauty and the Beast: if time
· Use any GFP that we have left

Lunch: CS: Backlot Express???
Dinner: Mama Melrose: 6:00

If all goes well, the girls should ride ToT of 3 times, and the whole family will ride RnRC 3 times.:banana::banana:

I'm pretty sure we will try to take a break at CSR this day sometime in the afternoon.

We've never really eaten CS at DHS. I think that Backlot Express might work well for us. If you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. DH does not like eating outside. I hope we can find a covered table somewhere.

Well, what do you think???

We ate at ABC Commissary in DHS. It was decent but they are serving a different menu. It is was nice because it has air conditioning. The Catalina Eddies menu looks good but I guess it depends on what you want. :goodvibes

We ate at ABC Commissary in DHS. It was decent but they are serving a different menu. It is was nice because it has air conditioning. The Catalina Eddies menu looks good but I guess it depends on what you want. :goodvibes

We've eaten at ABC commissary before. We liked the air conditioning, but didn't care for the food. I will check out the Catalina Eddie's menu right now. DO they have outside eating or inside???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter