June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tomar. They gave him some meds that helps him recover faster. His fever is gone now at least, but now has a bad cough and is very stuffed up. He did say though that he can taste now which is good. He will miss his track meet tomorrow though which he is bummed about.

Hi EE22- Hope your Guys are feeling better today !:goodvibes
DS shouldn`t worry about missing one meet....he needs to recover fully.... so he can win the rest of them !! :woohoo:

I just wanted to update for everyone going to WDW. We had several cancellations due to the economy so more dates are open.

MANY DATES AVAILABLE-NEW DATES OPENED ON 3/23/09

OUR Fleet:
Double strollers
1d.jpg

LINK: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1992277

SINGLE STROLLER
41CadiiRC-L__SL500_AA280_.jpg

LINK: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2109547

If you would like to save while visiting the parks, feel free to join on of the swaps. Currently we have 6 strollers for you to use while at Disney.

TP2: I see SW is out to 8/14. When do you think your dates will open up?:confused3 I saw an ad on TV last night.

Tomar...it's almost time for ADRs for us, but with the stories I've heard, I'm not so sure this is a good thing. All I know is...I don't have two hours in the morning to make them. 1 hour tops.

Not need for a stroller here...my kids are 16 and 17.

EE22: SW is saying that dates will open on April 14. I just looked at the calendar, one more week and then my kids are off for Spring break.:eek: Where did the year go??? We leave on August 16 so we shall see in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing the flight schedule and booking.

Did park hours come out yet for your dates? I feel so held up waiting for those park hours. We have ideas of where we want to eat but the itineraries are so up in the air still. Our date to call is in May so we still have time. I know you need to call much sooner so your schedule is probably all set now.

Hours are not out yet. They usually come out on the first. I hope they hit a few days early. I called on the 6th. The schedule was all set till I saw that McDonald's will be in the park at DHS the one night we are supposed to go and they close at 7:30 to regular guests. :scared1:It bothers me that hours come out on April 1st.

Hi Guys !:goodvibes
Im with ya on the wait for July and August hours and times ....Our date to call for ADR`s is April 13th.....and Im sincerely hoping that the new system is gunna be good to all of us !!:cool1:...Ive been hearing the ....Good....Bad....and the Ugly stories of calling for ADR`s for June....so much Pixiedust for the next couple of months of making ressies !!pixiedust:

TP2- Hope that DD is back to her Princess self now !! princess: :cloud9:

EE22- How are your men feeling ?...hope they`re getting better :goodvibes

Things are calming down with Nana....we are taking it day by day with her now...Physically she is soooo much better .....it`s the other side of her that is troubleing ... :headache:

Tomar: DD4 is perfect. She is even looking so much better for the first time. She always had dark circles under her eyes and pale skin. After the surgery it was worse than ever. She is actually getting pink in her cheeks.:goodvibes Makes you wonder what was going on in there.

Glad to hear that things are calming down with Nana.

I think waiting for hours is going to make us all crazy.:surfweb:

Has anyone been to CRT for dinner? I was thinking of making that our first night but after reading the boards, everyone says CM's for first night. I don't care about using the park ticket for half a day. We will have the 10 day tickets and water park option so plenty of stuff for us to do. Just want to make sure the experience is a great one for DD4 and the other girls.

TP2-
I haven`t been to CRT for a longgggggggg time...Mr. Tomar isn`t nuts about it for Dinner.....so I haven`t had it on my "Must Do" in a few years....I think EE22 has been there recently though, she may have the heads up for you on that restaurant...:angel:
Sooooo glad that DD is doing so well :flower3:.....The Perfectly Princess had those dark circles under the eyes as well...she seems better too in that area ....isn`t it amazing ?....:angel:
Thank you about Nana :angel:....we have to take it as it comes with her now...there are times when she is soooooo herself...and then there are times she is just......another person we don`t know....yikes !:sad2:......the last 2 days have been good...so Im hanging on to the good feeling :angel:

Tomar: Funny about your princesses eyes too. Makes me wonder. Doctors had said they were allergic shiners. Then I thought it was related to her being allergic to dust and dust mytes. Almost impossible to protect her from that. But now that they are getting better and you are saying your princesses are better, it just makes you wonder.

Thanks for the info on CRT. Not sure what to do about it. Wanted to hit MK on first night to see Spectro and fireworks. Thought that would be icing on the cake but not sure. Maybe I will start a new post.

TP2- Yes....when you posted about your princess s eyes ....it did make me wonder ....who knows ....all we know is that they feel better now...thank goodness !! :cloud9:....
Did you consider Crystal Palace for your first night ?...it is at the MK and you`ll get to see Pooh and the gang as an added attraction !:tigger:
Not sure what the girls can eat...but there seems to be something there for everyone ! :goodvibes

Tomar: I agree...Thank goodness. Whatever it is, I am glad she is better. And her personality has been amazing too. She has been so happy it almost makes us cry because it makes you wonder how bad she felt before.:sad1: I am just happy it is all behind us.

I actually did not even consider Crystal Palace because it is a buffet, same for CM. I was trying to avoid them because of the allergies but I guess they would make accomidations for that. Not sure. I can probably call and ask before making ADR's so that I can firm things up a bit.

TP2- your abosultely right....we have to be grateful for the way things are with the Princesses now !! princess:princess:princess:princess:
We have CP on our list this year..and Im gunna call for Mr. Tomar to have a Sugar-Free desert there ....you can do the same ...when you call to make your ADR...ask the CM for the # of CP because you have a special dietary request and let them note your ressie too ;)....I can give you the # before you call too....I will have it already !:goodvibes

CP...for the price I'd do it, but I remember you have FREE dining. Go for the Castle then. Free is GREAT. The food isn't what we go for. You have Princesses that will grow up too fast. I know it will use 2 TS, but you said that DH doesn't want to do tons of adrs too, right?

I don't recommend CM at all. DD and I are not fans.

I had a special meal made for me last year at lunch time. Chicken breasts since I couldn't eat off the menu so you could call too if you find the menu too limited. The dessert was yummo...raspberry sorbert with fresh fruit. There were 2-3 to pick from. It's not bad, but it's for the atmosphere. Lunch is better than breakfast that's all I know!

Don't get me wrong. We LOVE CP, but I'd do that another day with the girls. DO THE CASTLE...especially for free. DD loves it there. I'm sure I'll be paying $100 for a sandwich again:scared1:

I guess free dining for DV hit today.

Luau...my step mom thought my kids would find it "boring". I have never been. You may want to do some hunting on the subject to see.

I guess free dining for DV hit today.

Luau...my step mom thought my kids would find it "boring". I have never been. You may want to do some hunting on the subject to see.

I did a couple of searches and it seems to be very hit or miss. My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE Hoop. It is a must for every trip. Even when DD10 was super sick, she got it together long enough to go. Everyone always compares the two and I am unsure if it that is fair. The Luau may just be a nice relaxing night, while Hoop is high energy. I am not sure it is worth the double credits though.

My kids loved HDDR too! I guess if you have the credits for both go for it...but do the one they love first of course.

I finally figured out that we got a better deal on our room than with free dining at Christmas:lmao:I think it was offered for DV members for a time, but ended after a day. I read a post and it was so obvious then:goodvibes We had 45% off our room at WL and with holiday prices this was a better deal than FD. Although, if we had stayed at POR FD would have been better although I didn't figure in tickets which I would have had to buy and we already had tickets. And, we would have had to have two rooms. Seems so obvious now. I couldn't get FD anyway, but I always wondered:rotfl:

If we fit in AKL or WL, the room discount would be better for us too. But because we are 5 people and DD10 is considered an adult, it is cheapest (well in Disney terms) to get free dining. The room discount would be nice but with the 7 for 4 deal we would need 2 sets of tickets to stay for 2 weeks. That ate up all the savings. A straight room discount like you got is always the best way to go, especially if you already have tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter