June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

Expected activities: my older kids heading reading week at school which they really enjoyed. We ended up taking a hike thing during scouts last night which was not so enjoyable (it included mud and very slippery rocks) however after hubby and I decided we earned a treat so we got five guys (not healthy generally) but I got the little burger on a lettuce wrap. So healthy-ish choices. My game plan for the upcoming months is not to deprive myself but rather make healthier choices based on what I really want. I had a nutritionist tell me when I had gestational diabetes that it's better to have a small amount of what you are craving now instead of binging on it later...if your body is craving something (healthy or not) there is often a reason.
Today I took a conference call while I took a quick half mile walk through the neighborhood...was nice to get outside for a bit while still getting work done.
This weekend is supposed to get into the 90s so outdoor excersize will be minimal, maybe a lap around the track at my son's flag football game we'll see. Or maybe I'll try to hoof it some more...got to prep and build up stamina for our WDW trip this summer!

Let’s see... from the list I did beach and will be watching a movie this evening, and I may knit while I watch it, getting in a little crafting.

There was 100% chance of rain today, but the only sky moisture I experienced was a mist coming from the car wash when I was vacuuming out the car. It has been a beautiful day, and relaxing. Not many have to dos for tomorrow, just vacuuming and watering plants. The guys were here working on the porch today, if they come tomorrow I’ll go for a nice long drive somewhere.

I’m packed for my trip and pretty darn proud of only taking my backpack for overnight stuff and my laptop. I’m also proud I remembered to make a reservation for airport parking.

580247Yesterday was Magic Kingdom! We got on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz (2x), Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder (2x), Splash, Haunted Mansion (2x), Mickeys Philharmagic, Space, Tomorrowland Speedway, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, & Pirates of the Caribbean. We also went back to our resort for a short nap and some pool time. Lines weren’t too bad since they mostly kept moving. Splash was the longest line with a posted wait time of 55 minutes, but we were on the ride in 35 minutes. Logged 10 miles for the day too! Overall a very fun and successful Magic Kingdom day! Up next, Epcot (so we got to sleep in a little since it doesn’t officially open until 11 (but we’re aiming for 10am).

Attachments

• 1622978719017.jpeg
    1622978719017.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 580247Yesterday was Magic Kingdom! We got on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz (2x), Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder (2x), Splash, Haunted Mansion (2x), Mickeys Philharmagic, Space, Tomorrowland Speedway, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, & Pirates of the Caribbean. We also went back to our resort for a short nap and some pool time. Lines weren’t too bad since they mostly kept moving. Splash was the longest line with a posted wait time of 55 minutes, but we were on the ride in 35 minutes. Logged 10 miles for the day too! Overall a very fun and successful Magic Kingdom day! Up next, Epcot (so we got to sleep in a little since it doesn’t officially open until 11 (but we’re aiming for 10am).

So glad you’re having a great trip!

View attachment 580247Yesterday was Magic Kingdom! We got on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz (2x), Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder (2x), Splash, Haunted Mansion (2x), Mickeys Philharmagic, Space, Tomorrowland Speedway, Barnstormer, Little Mermaid, & Pirates of the Caribbean. We also went back to our resort for a short nap and some pool time. Lines weren’t too bad since they mostly kept moving. Splash was the longest line with a posted wait time of 55 minutes, but we were on the ride in 35 minutes. Logged 10 miles for the day too! Overall a very fun and successful Magic Kingdom day! Up next, Epcot (so we got to sleep in a little since it doesn’t officially open until 11 (but we’re aiming for 10am).
Awesome!!!

This morning I saw a number on my scale that I haven’t seen in probably 10 years!!! I am still quite far from my goal weight, but I am so much closer than I was just 4 months ago. My clothes fit better now. My face is so much thinner. My engagement ring spins on my finger. It really is worth the sacrifices I am making. I am worth the sacrifices I am making!

On the trip I'll be with the Engineering Manager who was "leading" this project except he hasn't been involved at all up until last week, I've been doing his job as well as mine. After just two meetings he started having a lot of opinions about what was going on and how people were doing their jobs, including me. Negative opinions. I started spinning a bit yesterday, stressing about it, but caught myself and started turning it around with positive affirmations - today I'll add "I am worth it", in the context of I am worth my shortcomings and limitations for all the good stuff I do bring.

And I am worth taking care of... I made some subtle changes this past week and am going to use the trip as a breaking point, a stop doing the old stuff and start doing the good stuff pivot point. Onward and upward!

Unexpected happiness was when my future daughter in law texted me to say her wedding dress has arrived at the shop and she wanted me to be with her when she got to try it on!!! Such joy. The dress is beautiful and she is so happy!

Planned happiness is the twins are gone this weekend! ha ha Saturday DH and I dug out the stumps of the plants we'd removed and put the new plants in their place. Looks nice.

DS2 is in the air now heading to Florida. We'll be joining him soon!!! It did involve DH getting up at 3:00 AM to drive him to the airport. That part wasn't fun! I had trouble falling asleep after they left, but just kept telling myself how comfy I was in my cozy bed while poor DH was burning the rubber on the freeway!!

The first week wasn't stellar, but not terrible either. I can do better! Before the twins return I absolutely have to go to the grocery store!! I need to ask if there are any particular meals they want before they return to mom, but I don't want to get them thinking about that and freaking out!! Twin1 had a meltdown at school last week as she realized she will be leaving everyone. They have a very different road ahead of them. :sad2:

…but I don't want to get them thinking about that and freaking out!! Twin1 had a meltdown at school last week as she realized she will be leaving everyone. They have a very different road ahead of them. :sad2:

It must be difficult and bittersweet and a lot of other stuff all rolled up together!

I know I’m “feeling all the feels” about the end of the school year with my friend’s little twins as well, and I only have them for a few hours on weekdays.

Even though we’re planning some outings together over the summer, it will be weird not to see them everyday. But at the same time I’m proud of how far they’ve come this year and excited for them to be going off to school with actual classmates next year.

I’m motivated by being in the most magical place! Yesterday was Epcot. Not the best healthy eating day, as we had fun eating around the world after riding Test Track, Nemo, Living with the Land & Soarin. We started with tacos in Mexico. Then I finally tried the School Bread in Norway (I’d prefer it without the texture of the coconut, but the flavor was delicious…especially the vanilla custard!). Next was Germany and some caramel treats (I had the turtle). It was real feel of 103, so we grabbed some shaved ice from Japan and decided to take a break by riding the skyliners. We came back in time for our reservation at Via Napoli, so salad & pizza in Italy. Then we rode Spaceship Earth, Mission Space & Test Track. We finished up the world tour with a maple milkshake in Canada, shortbread cookies from UK, macaroons in France, baklava in Morocco, and funnel cake from USA! We struggled to eat all of it, so we have a few leftovers for breakfast this morning ;)

Today, we’re off to Hollywood Studios and I was l lucky enough to snag a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass!!! I’m so excited!

This week I’m motivated by being “out in public” around co-workers for the first time in a year and a half. I’m ok with the work stuff, but quite nervous about food, as lately even just the littlest bit of nut or tomato sets off the wet fought reaction.

currently sitting at the gate waiting to board. Will hit the ground running when I get there around 10,as the plan is to process the first customer order thru the new process at 10:30. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

I’m motivated by being in the most magical place! Yesterday was Epcot. Not the best healthy eating day, as we had fun eating around the world after riding Test Track, Nemo, Living with the Land & Soarin. We started with tacos in Mexico. Then I finally tried the School Bread in Norway (I’d prefer it without the texture of the coconut, but the flavor was delicious…especially the vanilla custard!). Next was Germany and some caramel treats (I had the turtle). It was real feel of 103, so we grabbed some shaved ice from Japan and decided to take a break by riding the skyliners. We came back in time for our reservation at Via Napoli, so salad & pizza in Italy. Then we rode Spaceship Earth, Mission Space & Test Track. We finished up the world tour with a maple milkshake in Canada, shortbread cookies from UK, macaroons in France, baklava in Morocco, and funnel cake from USA! We struggled to eat all of it, so we have a few leftovers for breakfast this morning ;)

Today, we’re off to Hollywood Studios and I was l lucky enough to snag a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass!!! I’m so excited!
I’m so happy that you are having a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter