Just a thought - pay for 1 day but use it for 2 days?

chanty

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Last time we were in WDW, we had the dining plan. We ate SOOO much that it was too much. We saw that the portions were so big, we could have split 1 meal between the 2 of us, leaving us more credits.

Here is my question - let's say we have a 3-day park hopper ticket and we only take 2 days of dining.... could we use our leftovers credits on our 3rd day? Do you see what I'm saying? getting the most out of it for less money :-)

Really??? Then you have to take the same amount of days of park tickets I'm guessing?!?!

I'm so confused...Last year, it was free for us so I didn't have the hassle.

Please clarify - anyone!

yes your nights and days on the plan have to be equal as the credits run out at midnight on the day of check out if I am understanding you correctly

you could bank points and go to a signature place like Cali Grill or Victoria and Alberts or you could share meals and bank credits for a third meal for that day if I am making any sense at all!!! :rotfl2:

NO not the days of park tickets, the number of nights at your resort

ie 5 nights at Poly equals 5 days of dining credits!!

HTH :cool1:

What about your park tickets??? same thing??
Although, you can use the credits elsewhere than in the parks..... right?

It's not tied to how many days of parks tickets you have but by how many nights you are staying. If you are staying 3 nights/4 days then you would have to get the dining plan for 3 days. Everyone in the room has to buy the same number of days of park tickets.

I do believe you *could get less tickets than your nights/dining plan...but then you couldn't get into the parks to do the eating! :rotfl2: The dining plan has to be bought as part of a MYW package. Hotel, tickets, dining. I am not sure what you are asking in the last question.

I believe the park tickets do NOT have to match the number of nights in your stay. So, you can do 7 nights hotel, 7 nights dining plan and 3-day passes (or 5 day...whatever). Also, each person in your party must be on the dining plan.

Yes you can also use the dining credits for resort resturants and some places in Downtown Disney.

Thank you - yes it's true! We used a lot of our credits for some restaurants on Boardwalk and other resorts.

Thanks everyone!

Would this work? You pay for say 3 nights on the dining plan and you have the 4th day by midnight to use the dining credits. That 4th day you get a room only. You could stretch out the credits that way.

ADisneyQueen said:
Would this work? You pay for say 3 nights on the dining plan and you have the 4th day by midnight to use the dining credits. That 4th day you get a room only. You could stretch out the credits that way.

That will work. :cheer2:

That 4th day you get a room only.

I don't seem to get it. I am renting from a DVC member....how would I get a room only?!?! That's what I'm getting right now...no?

SOOOOO confused !! :confused3

I thought I'd jump in with an example using my possible trip. I want to make a trip with a 4 night stay in a WDW hotel. I want the dining plan but only need a one day ticket. If I booked a package for 4 nights I would receive 4 table service meals, 4 counter service meals, and 4 snacks. My plane arrives around 10AM and I'd check in by 11AM on a Thursday. I could start using my meals right then. I would be able to use them up until I left WDW 4 days later on Monday (or until they ran out). If I decided to book an additional night (Tuesday) with a room only reservation my dining credits would expire at midnight on Monday night. If I had leftover credits I would not be able to use them on Tuesday. Does that help clear up your questions?

If your hotel reservation is for three nights then you must purchase the dining plan for 3 nights. I'm not sure how a DVC reservation differs.

chanty said:
I don't seem to get it. I am renting from a DVC member....how would I get a room only?!?! That's what I'm getting right now...no?

SOOOOO confused !! :confused3

How many nights have you booked, and I can explain it to you. :thumbsup2

I'm booked for 4 nights...and I don't think I could extend my stay by one night at the last minute like that.... I guess I'm still not getting it but it's all good :-) hehe

chanty said:
I'm booked for 4 nights...and I don't think I could extend my stay by one night at the last minute like that.... I guess I'm still not getting it but it's all good :-) hehe

OK with DVC, tickets are a seperate issue. You don't even have to have tickets, you can purchase any tickets you want.

When you book the dining plan with DVC, or in this case the nice member you are renting from does, it matches the nights on your stay. In your case you have a 4 night stay.

So for each person in your group you get:
4 TS
4 CS
4 Snacks

you can use them from the time you check in until midnight on the day you check out. How many you use each day is up to you. You could be a piggie and eat them all of up in 2 days if you wanted to. Or you can spread them out. Hope that helps. :)

Yep, that helps :-) Thanks... that's what we were going to do anyways.

Thanks... I'm hungry now!!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter