Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

We already have 250 OKW-E points but this promotion would give us 550 total if we did 300 with a net cost per point of $115/pt (including MB for ‘23 points). This promotion is going to kill me, lol. It doesn’t help that plugging the numbers into https://www.dvcrofr.com/pricing-tool shows that the price is apparently in the top 25% of deals…and this is for direct! This is a really tough one to pass up, in all honesty, since they’re basically free-for-all SAP at this point for anything open now or for the next resorts built (though most of our points are grandfathered resale so they can be used anywhere, they seem to be used only on their home resorts). Argh!
… and put it on a rewards credit card and you are under $110 a point. Then sit back and relax and watch people pay over $200 a point for Poly resales that can’t even be used for the new resorts.

Congrats! I would absolutely be doing this too if I had the free cash right now.

Alas a new laundry room is calling.
Yea I did the math 34,500 + approx 2700 in MF. At this point in my life it's more than I need .And we love OKW own 290 points .And I think we'll be riding into the sunset with those until 2042. Congrats to OP and enjoy your fun times ahead.

There are a good few confirmed reservations popping up for the cabins on the usual rental sites… some at $28pp. They are all within 7 months though which leads me to believe that owners are not actually buying CFW points to make these bookings, but they will be popular with guests…
And many of those have walkers I presume. I'm looking at a January trip so. everyday and checking and everyday it's being blocked another day. My fingers are crossed.

I’m torn between adding on now at OKW and taking advantage of selling back our 23 points with MB in our June UY and waiting for Poly to come out. We have a trip coming up in June so it would be nice to have access to the blue card as we’re currently resale only owners, but it’d be nice to own at a shiny new resort and have a little bit cheaper dues as we own at AKV and adding OKW to that we’d be pretty stacked with expensive dues.

I’m torn between adding on now at OKW and taking advantage of selling back our 23 points with MB in our June UY and waiting for Poly to come out. We have a trip coming up in June so it would be nice to have access to the blue card as we’re currently resale only owners, but it’d be nice to own at a shiny new resort and have a little bit cheaper dues as we own at AKV and adding OKW to that we’d be pretty stacked with expensive dues.
Yes I would gladly sell off a lot of our resale points to take this deal and forget about poly if we could justify owning here. We like the resort but every room category is available at 7 months and if I were to get ‘stuck’ somewhere then I would rather it be at another resort. Now if this was AKV with 300 points at this price point with a shot at Concierge and value rooms then Poly tower would be a distant memory 😎

Yes I would gladly sell off a lot of our resale points to take this deal and forget about poly if we could justify owning here. We like the resort but every room category is available at 7 months and if I were to get ‘stuck’ somewhere then I would rather it be at another resort. Now if this was AKV with 300 points at this price point with a shot at Concierge and value rooms then Poly tower would be a distant memory 😎
I don’t often see OKW grand villas available at 7 months, especially not at anything close to peak times. We use OKW as our “grand villa” resort when we bring grandparents, extended family, etc. OKW Grand Villas are really where the value lies at the property.

We already have 250 OKW-E points but this promotion would give us 550 total if we did 300 with a net cost per point of $115/pt (including MB for ‘23 points). This promotion is going to kill me, lol. It doesn’t help that plugging the numbers into https://www.dvcrofr.com/pricing-tool shows that the price is apparently in the top 25% of deals…and this is for direct! This is a really tough one to pass up, in all honesty, since they’re basically free-for-all SAP at this point for anything open now or for the next resorts built (though most of our points are grandfathered resale so they can be used anywhere, they seem to be used only on their home resorts). Argh!
Yup. This one got me. Added 500 points. Sold back the 23 points. Got them last week already started using them as SAP. I was so interested in future proofing a ton of points that I couldn’t pass this up. There are several 400-500 point OKW(E) resale contracts out there and I even put and offer in on one but I sat on the counteroffer because having unrestricted points was too appealing. After the buyback there were 105 a point.

I don’t often see OKW grand villas available at 7 months, especially not at anything close to peak times. We use OKW as our “grand villa” resort when we bring grandparents, extended family, etc. OKW Grand Villas are really where the value lies at the property.
I was really interested in getting the GV as I have a large family. At 7 months the GV are spotty. This gives me the option. I also wanted to get enough points to splurge one day and get the GV at Riveria (which, imho, is the most beautiful room I have seen at Disney) for a few days one trip.

Yup. This one got me. Added 500 points. Sold back the 23 points. Got them last week already started using them as SAP. I was so interested in future proofing a ton of points that I couldn’t pass this up. There are several 400-500 point OKW(E) resale contracts out there and I even put and offer in on one but I sat on the counteroffer because having unrestricted points was too appealing. After the buyback there were 105 a point.

It’s amazing to think a current member could buy 1000 un-restricted points at $95 a point. I just need a few more weeks on these boards to lose all self control and end up with 2400 points.

The OKW deal seems like a great value, but for me, I keep getting back to 250 points direct at RIV which I think ends up at 164/pt after MB. And I may rent out the first year of points as well which would get closer to 144-154/pt

We only have resale so far, but we have a good amount of points. I can't see myself buying 500-1000 OKW points on top of what we have to get the best value. That and the expiration of RIV would get us member benefits until 2070, OKW only until 2057. RIV would last us until around age 80, OKW only until around 65. We love the Epcot area and staying at either Epcot resorts or monorail resorts is our preference. And I think RIV dues will stay lower as well. Maybe buy a cheap resale RIV in the future if we want to use the 250 direct points more like SAP at future resorts.

I wouldn't want to use OKW points at OKW unless going for a cheap grand villa. And I would worry about future 7 month availability a lot.

The OKW deal seems like a great value, but for me, I keep getting back to 250 points direct at RIV which I think ends up at 164/pt after MB. And I may rent out the first year of points as well which would get closer to 144-154/pt

We only have resale so far, but we have a good amount of points. I can't see myself buying 500-1000 OKW points on top of what we have to get the best value. That and the expiration of RIV would get us member benefits until 2070, OKW only until 2057. RIV would last us until around age 80, OKW only until around 65. We love the Epcot area and staying at either Epcot resorts or monorail resorts is our preference. And I think RIV dues will stay lower as well. Maybe buy a cheap resale RIV in the future if we want to use the 250 direct points more like SAP at future resorts.

I wouldn't want to use OKW points at OKW unless going for a cheap grand villa. And I would worry about future 7 month availability a lot.
So RIV is at VGF fire sale prices with all of the incentives if you use MB?

This exactly where I've landed - going 250 RIV split up into two FW...a little more than 260+ pts @ 165 p/p. I'm sure Disney will prove me wrong but it would be hard to imagine a deal significantly better than this any time soon for RIV.

Yep!

This exactly where I've landed - going 250 RIV split up into two FW...a little more than 260+ pts @ 165 p/p. I'm sure Disney will prove me wrong but it would be hard to imagine a deal significantly better than this any time soon for RIV.
Yeah I'll do at least 1 fixed week to help resale value in case of emergency

I did not get that for the 150 point level….but maybe I did it wrong. It is not $161 which is what VGF was last summer.

Now, maybe at higher levels it is? Maybe someone can post actual numbers though to see if I got it wrong.

ETA…I get it down to $178 for 150….thats not even close to the summer incentives last summer.

Last edited:
$198 avg at 150, $194 at 200 and $184 at 250 and $181.33 at 300 for Riviera before taking $20 off if you do magical beginnings rebate for first year points. Can do June use year and get 2023 points sold back and granted 2024 and 2025. You would have 3x your base points still bookable and useable within 13 months if you borrow your 2026 June points into a June 2025 trip for instance. Of course you have to pay calendar probated dues on the 2024 points and subsequent dues.

$208.66 @150, $198@200, $197@250 and $193.67@300 at Disneyland Hotel before the $20 magical beginnings rebate if you wish to take it.

$198 avg at 150, $194 at 200 and $184 at 250 and $181.33 at 300 for Riviera before taking $20 off if you do magical beginnings rebate for first year points. Can do June use year and get 2023 points sold back and granted 2024 and 2025. You would have 3x your base points still bookable and useable within 13 months if you borrow your 2026 June points into a June 2025 trip for instance. Of course you have to pay calendar probated dues on the 2024 points and subsequent dues.

$208.66 @150, $198@200, $197@250 and $193.67@300 at Disneyland Hotel before the $20 magical beginnings rebate if you wish to take it.
Yeah it's not as good as lower point levels. That's why I would do 250 if I do it to get 184 then 164 after MB

Yeah it's not as good as lower point levels. That's why I would do 250 if I do it to get 184 then 164 after MB
We got down to $173.67 after Magical beginnings for 300 Disneyland. Then we added on 6 more points to make 306 points in 4 contracts that total a summer week in a 1 bedroom there. Gives us flexibility to sell off 56 or 70 or 80 or 100 points if we decide we have too many out there.

Planning on doing Aulani at least every other summer and stopping at Disneyland on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter