Just Back - 10 Days at BCV

MJS

DIS Veteran
and we LOVED it! It was our first trip home. We got many "welcome home" statements from the CMs on the first day! How fun! We stayed in a one bedroom villa, with a pool view. The room was very well maintained. We did not have any problems with the thermostat (we had a nightmare trip last year to the GF with the new thermostats, and had to have engineering in the room every other day to keep it under 80 degrees!). It was hot - low 90's (that's hot for us Minnesota residents!), and the room stayed consistently cool. Also, no hot water/pressure problems. We are really glad that we are DVC Members and that we own at the BCV. Loved Stormalong Bay and Beaches and Cream (Yikes, I gained 5 pounds, my DH 4)

The only negatives, ignoring the trash in the hallways - why don't guests just take the trash to the chute? - were the bus service and Periwigs salon. We arrived at the bus stop at 7:10am to catch a bus to the MK for early entry last Sunday. By 7:50, no MK bus had arrived! There was quite a crowd at the stop, so we decided to get our car. We did notice that when we drove out a MK bus that was relatively full had stopped, but there was no way that everyone could get on the bus. We decided to use the car for the rest of the trip. I would have been furious if our only option was the bus!

Periwigs salon was also a downer. I made a maincure (basically just a polish change) and pedicure appointment well before our arrival. When I got there, the technician really wasn't ready. I had confirmed the appointment that morning with her, so she knew about it. She pulled out a box of gloves to use, and they were latex. I told her that I was allergic, and she made a rather weak attempt to find non latex gloves. She told me there was no way that she was going to do the service without gloves (like I was some sewer rat!). I did not ask her to do anything and I did not expect her to perform a service if she needed to wear gloves. Her only concern was her safety, not mine (my allergy is life threatening), and she made no real attempt to get other gloves, get me into another salon (the GF has nonlatex gloves, as most salons do), etc. She was really quite rude, and told me she would not do the services, so I should leave! (I went to Beaches and Cream - a much better investment! )

We told guest services and the GM's office, because a latex allergy can be serious and they need to have other gloves, if the employees need to wear them. Both CM's told us that Periwigs is an outside contractor, not Disney. Seems to me the salon needs to perform to Disney standards. Whatever!

It was a great trip, and now we are planning the next one (which will not include salon services ). I hope Disney sorts out the bus service, too! Thanks for all of the great help!

Hi, Thanks for the report! We are staying at the BCV (1Br) in the fall!! We also wanted to stay on the pool side! Was it quiet? What floor were you on?? Any info would help? I know that some of the balcony's are larger? Thanks!

We were on the 5th floor. It was quiet (very little noise from the pool), but there was an elevator close by that created a little noise. There are some large balconies on that floor, and our was a double (One off the living room and another off the bedroom with no separator, so essentially on long balcony.) We loved watching the gator in the canal!

Originally posted by MJS
We were on the 5th floor. It was quiet (very little noise from the pool), but there was an elevator close by that created a little noise. There are some large balconies on that floor, and our was a double (One off the living room and another off the bedroom with no separator, so essentially on long balcony.) We loved watching the gator in the canal!

I'm pretty sure that we were your neighbors for a night last week! We were in studio 560 last Sunday night. The mechanism for the elevator must be right above 560, because it was so noisy that we had to move after the 1st night. Weren't those balconies awesome, though?!! We were so disappointed to have to give up that studio, but we couldn't see not sleeping for 5 nights, LOL!

Too funny! We were your next door neighbors. Sorry about the noise problems. I hope that our family did not contribute to the noise! (Trying to get a 3 year old to use a quiet indoor voice in the halls was a bit of a challenge!)

We also heard the elevator, but it was not as bad as your room. I also think that we were so tired from our long days in the heat that we passed out at night. ;)

Originally posted by MJS
Too funny! We were your next door neighbors. Sorry about the noise problems. I hope that our family did not contribute to the noise! (Trying to get a 3 year old to use a quiet indoor voice in the halls was a bit of a challenge!)

We also heard the elevator, but it was not as bad as your room. I also think that we were so tired from our long days in the heat that we passed out at night. ;)

We never even heard your 3 y.o.!! We actually figured that the people next to us were a couple w/o kids:eek:

When we went to move out of our room, the baggage guy said that he hears the noise complaint about the elevator a lot from people moving out of 560. We figured that the mechanism for the elevator must have been directly above that studio, unfortunately. Otherwise, what a great location! I loved that huge balcony and the great view of the BCV pool and the canal!

Thanks! I am glad that our family did not bother you!

I think they might need to do something to room 560. It sounds like a real problem, and not sleeping is awful!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the salon. That technician sounded really rude, and it is irresponsible for the salon's management to not have nonlatex gloves. I also am allergic to latex, and so are many, many other people. Thanks for letting management know.

Welcome back and thanks for the report! I can't wait to try the BCV one of these days. :)

Sorry to hear about your salon experience. That type of attitude is uncalled for in any service environment (Disney owned or not!).

Thanks Misti! THe salon people could go work at the RPC ;)

I love the BCV and the entire resort! It is a great place to stay, and we really enjoyed the trip!

The salon did not cost me anything other than time. It was annoying, but everyone else at the BC/YC and BCV was great (ignoring the bus)! They should offer a training program for the RPC! ;) (I promise I am done bashing the RPC!;) )

that salon is managed by Niki Bryant the same one that owns GF spa. They need to get their act together.

Did you have trouble at the GF? I find it interesting that they are run by the same group. When I was at the GF last year, I had a manicure, and the technician asked me if I had any allergies when I got there, and they were prepared to handle it (ie. nonlatex gloves, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter