Just back...any Questions?

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
Home about three hours now...anyone want to know anything up to date or how any budget saving tricks went? We visted all parks, DTD, and stayed at the AS-Sports. Spent a frustrating 1/2 day waiting out torrential rains as well, so have some rainy day stratagies too...it was a soggy week to be at WDW! All inquiries welcome!

kjs

Rainy Day Tips: For one, we took a nap! It forced us to slow down for an hour and recharge. I also browsed the resort gift shop. This was really nice because up until then I had had no time to stop at gift shops. My brothers and husband sat down in the food court and played their game boys and my parents, aunt and her friend played cards. Then we went to DTD. ALthough it was still pouring, we could take the down time to shop and get souviners out of the way without wasting park time.

Money Saving Tips: We brought cereal for breakfast and a lot of snacks (which came in handy with the rainy days). We just paid 1.00 for milk every morning and an occassional 1.50 for a bottle of orange juice. We didn't take advantage of our grocery stop with Tiff. Towncar because our flight was late coming in and it took forever to get our baggage so by that time we just wanted to get to the resort. I would do this next time and get a styrofoam cooler to keep ice, milk, oj, and fruit.

We always stayed out late so we ate a bigger lunch about 1PM everyday and then had a small meal or snack about 7,8 which tided us over. That saved money rather than having three meals and two snacks, which most people do.

I also got some cheaper souviners at the Disney Store prior to our trip. I know a lot of people do this for kids who want everything as soon as they walk in a gift shop. I did this for my husband and mom who are tempted to buy the "cute" stuff that they really won't use much of when they get home. DS had a big sale, so I could get a couple cute things and give it to them for the trip.

We also do a lot of saving and coupon using over the year to save for our trip. My husband lays flooring for a living so his side jobs and over times go towards our trip fund.

kjs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter