• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back...any ?'s

Ursula

Mouseketeer
Hello! Just back from 5 nights at BCV and 2 nights at AKL. The heat was unbearable last week! We would have been able to see and do more if the weather had been better, but having said that, we had a wonderful time (how can you not, right?!). We had room 449 at BCV and were upgraded to a beautiful savanna view at AKL in room 4545. I had only booked a standard view, so that was a fabulous surprise! Anyone have any ?'s

We're also just back as of yesterday from 5 nights at BCV and 2 nights at the Swan. I agree that it was hot! We mostly did the parks at night because of that. The thing that irked me to no end was how packed SAB was :( We ended up trying the quiet pool at the BCV (also packed), and then giving up and pool-hopping to Coronado. Did you also notice that SAB seemed to be way over capacity on most days? We've been this same week in May before and it's never been that crowded at WDW. We're rethinking our vacation schedule now, LOL!

Actually, I didn't find SAB that crowded at all. It must have been the time of day we went. We hit the parks in the morning and went to SAB mid to late afternoon and didn't find it too crowded. I've never been to BCV before so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I was amazed by the size of that pool. It's huge! What irked me more was all the rude people. I don't know if it was the heat or what, but I was surprised by how unfriendly people were in the World last week.

I think that it must have been the heat. I agree that people were rude last week...I'm guessing that they weren't expecting the heat and crowds. You must have hit SAB at the right time of day!! When DH and I went, there were never any beach chairs to sit on, and the pool was too crowded to even get into :( Our "home" resort is the BWV, so we're staying there for our next trip. We've stayed at the BCV twice now, and both times the stay has been less-than-relaxing. Maybe we just hit it at the wrong times, but I think we're going to stay away from the BCV for a little while. My guess is that it's still so new that loads of people are still very eager to stay there.

We also just returned from the BC. We hit SAB every day mid afternoon-early evening before dinner and found nice shaded lounge chairs everytime. They were enforcing the wristband policies, even just to sit on the deck. We didn't find SAB to be all that bad (must have been the time of day). We also went for a swim several evenings (around 8-9pm) and it was really quiet there. Had a great time. We love SAB.

Was rm #449 a studio, 1 BR, or 2 BR? How was it-noise level, view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter