• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just back, b&c, cp, cm, cape may, play and dine, plaza rest, big riv, 1900 pf reviews

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
we got back late last night and had a wonderful trip to disney. it's been 8 years since dh and I were last there, and it was the first trip for our kids (4, 2, 2). Lots of good meals, and a few oddities. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

beaches and cream: we stayed at the yc so ate here a couple of times. first time was a bit of a mistake. we waited 20 minutes for a table and the kids were thirsty so dh went to the to go side to get them milk. big mistake. they didn't get little cups of milk, they were given huge 16oz cups of milk. we weren't really paying much attention and my 2 year old daughter drank her entire cup. then we went in to lunch. my sons split a grilled cheese (really good looking one) and dh and I got burgers, daughter got the kids 2 little cheeseburger meal. she really only had a couple of bites of one of the burgers (normally could eat almost a whole little burger). loved that the kids meals came with fruit, btw, instead of fries. anyway, I love banana splits and decided to go for one and split it with the twins (dh split a chocolate shake with our 4 year old). the ice cream came and looked amazing. gave DS2 a bite, DD2 a bite, DS2 a second bite, when DD2 threw up all over the table. fun. ugh. all that milk just didn't sit well with her, I felt so bad. (bad for her, and bad that I didn't even get a bite of that yummy ice cream. lol). thankfully she was fine afterwards, but we learned our lesson with watching the size of milks given. Overall B&C was good. the burgers were a wee bit greasy, but it was a fun place and we did make it back later in the week for ice cream...and it was every bit as good as it looked. probably give it a 7/10.

Plaza Restaurant. We went here with friends of ours from the area (friend, her husband, and their 1 year old). They had never even noticed the plaza restaurant before, even though they had been to the mk many times. I had made a ressie for noon and it was perfect...great for the kids, and great for us. we were all ready for a break at that point. great staff, incredible sandwiches, great location for a break. Dh and I both got the plaza club. I could only eat half, it was so large. I regretted not taking the other half for later, it was so yummy. mmmm. my friend got the veggie sandwich and her dh got something I can't remember, but they both raved about their's too. the kids got pbjs, grilled cheese, and burgers, and did a good job with them. again, I'm so glad the kids meals come with fruit and carrots. very cool of disney. this place gets a 10/10.

Crystal Palace. We ate here for dinner the night of our mnsshp tix (10/16). It was our first character meal of the trip and we were seated promptly. The kids heads were on swivels looking at all the characters. the food was very good, far better than I expected for a buffet. the character interaction was great...my 4 year old especially loved the parade. my 2 year old son loved the characters at a distance...piglet was his first up close one and it scared the you know what out of him. lol. from then on he was fine with them at the table, as long as he was on my lap and they didn't touch him. The other 2 kids hammed it up and were in heaven. I'd give CP a 7/10.

Chef Mickeys: I had read enough reviews to be very wary about this place for dinner, had heard horrible things about it, but had already made ressies for us and our friends and didn't want to cancel. I warned everyone in advance, and we girded our loins and said to ourselves it was about the kids and mickey, not the food. We were so surpised at how good the food actually was! there were a couple of items that were not great, but overall the food was wonderful and fresh. great character interaction (goofy and chip took off with my salad/fruit and fought over it for a bit. lol). and omg, the german chocolate cake was incredible. giving this an 8/10.

Enjoying reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Play and Dine: this might have been my favorite breakfast, possibly my favorite character meal. sad that the restaurant was so empty...maybe a third full at 10:30. maybe the timing was off, who knows. the food was really good...excellent in fact. the character interaction was so much fun. June, especially, was wonderful with my 2 year old daughter. my eldest was in awe, particularly of Leo (his hero). the pictures we got are priceless. I can't recommend this one highly enough for the playhouse disney set. giving this a 9/10.

Big River Grille. We stopped in here unexpectedly with our friends and had a pretty decent meal. Like beaches and cream, when they gave us the kids milk they were in huge 16oz cups. I had learned my lesson and asked for an extra cup and poured more than half of my daughter in that before giving it to her. I don't know what is up with that, but it was ridiculous. My friend and I split the hazelnut crusted chicken, which was pretty good, but nothing I'd go back for. Overall, except for the beer dh got, nothing was rave worthy. It wasn't bad, it worked out well for us, but it wasn't something to go out of our way for again. would give a 6/10.

1900 Park Faire: we ate here on 10/18, our 9th wedding anniversary. they were wonderful to us...gave us new anniversary buttons, gave me a placemat with characters/signatures on it, several people wished us happy anniversary, just an excellent time...until my daughter threw up. we aren't sure what happened this time, we think she was a bit overheated, she hadn't eaten much when it happened. they were wonderful, even the other patrons were offering to help, and after we cleaned her up she started mowing on food. lol. I didn't eat much that night...wasn't hungry, but what I had was decent. My favorite part of the meal was that they offered pbj's with the kids buffet. my kids don't do chicken fingers and rarely eat mac and cheese, but love pbj's. loved the pasta offering, too. going with an 8/10

Cape May Cafe: we ate there yesterday morning, our check out day. figured it was a nice way to end the day. It was fun, the food was good (not as good as play and dine). good character interaction, but by then we were character mealed out. I would probably do 3 next time, although I really loved the convenience of buffets with young kids. really was nice not to wait to order/wait for food. will go with a 7/10

bakery in france/epcot. we stopped in here for lunch yesterday before heading to the airport. really excellent ham sandwich that dh and I split, and I got the creme brulee. mmmm. who knew creme brulee out of a bakery could be so good? it was out of this world. even better, the tables were near the open shops so we got the benefit of air conditioning on a very, very steamy day. 8/10 for this place. we never pass it up on a trip and glad we were able to fit it in!

remembered one more...tusker house. we had lunch here on our ak day, and it was as good as everyone says, at least the roasted chicken was. I got the roasted chicken and it was wonderful. dh got the chicken filet sandwich and said it was so-so, but he ate some of my roasted chicken and loved that as much as I did. the kids got mac and cheese and were tired and didn't eat much (we left right after).

pirate: Thanks for the reviews. I'm glad to hear good things about the Plaza Restaurant. We'll be eating there for our first time next week. :thumbsup2

mtemm - Just a quick question. I assume from your review of B&C that you did not get the new kids menu there thay everyone is talking about? Thanks!

hmmm...new kids menu? not sure what that is. dh and I have been to B&C before, but pre-kids, so don't know what the new menu entailed. my kids split a grilled cheese and got an order of the mini burgers, so those were on the menu for sure.

another thing about B&C. the second time we went we just went for ice cream and got it to go. I was bummed because I still wanted that banana split, but it wasn't on the hanging board menu in the to go side. as I was in line, the guy in front of me brought up another ice cream dish and the guy said he could absolutely get it to go. they have a to go menu that is more extensive than the hanging board, so I was able to get my banana split after all. the thing was huge...I think I ate about a third of it, but it was oh so good.

danjoan14 said:
pirate: Thanks for the reviews. I'm glad to hear good things about the Plaza Restaurant. We'll be eating there for our first time next week. :thumbsup2

enjoy! it really does seem to epitomize the phrase, "hidden gem." hope you like it as much as I did...if you have any interest, go for the plaza club. mmmm. I wish I had one right now!

matt&jakesmom said:
Thanks for sharing all your reviews.

Glad that your daughter was doing better after.

thanks, she was really fine, I think it really came down to too much milk the first time, and too much heat the second time. but thankfully she was fine the rest of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter