Just back - FP+, heat, monorail, Talking Mickey, Downtown Disney

Sorry that your son was under the weather but do appreciate the doctor info...always hard when you have a sick child and your away from home and your regular doc! I for one don't think I could handle the August heat and humidity...can barely tolerate it here in NY!

Thank you for the info! i'm sorry your son got sick; that's miserable to have a sinus infection. If that's his picture (I imagine it is) he's a cutie!

Sorry that your son was under the weather but do appreciate the doctor info...always hard when you have a sick child and your away from home and your regular doc! I for one don't think I could handle the August heat and humidity...can barely tolerate it here in NY!

We just came back from a visit from his regular doctor and she diagnosed two ear infections as well as the sinus infection. That one of his ears is still really red after being on antibiotics since Saturday morning is worrying although he does seem to feel a lot better. He starts back at school tomorrow so knock wood I'm hoping he'll be fine.

Can you still park over by Disneyquest?

I hope someone else knows the answer to this. We didn't have a car and were just reliant on the buses so I'm not sure.

Sounds wonderful, apart from the 114 degree heat. I LOVE your PP interaction story :)

The Peter Pan encounter is definitely one I'll remember. :)

Can you still park over by Disneyquest?

That entrance has been closed due to the multi-level parking construction. The entrance across from the Hess Station and the entrance across from Typhoon Lagoon are open.

We went in the beginning of August 2012 and it was crazy hot and humid!

We did laundry twice that trip as we would change clothes x2 a day. We would start sweating immediately after exiting our hotel. Fans, cold wash clothes, frog towels help but I still felt very sweaty.

I loved August for the lower crowd levels and no big tour groups, but from now on we are Oct people.

We just got back also. I agree, the heat was intense! We were at MK on that 114 heat index day (8/24). It was crazy hot. We stood in line over an hour for Splash Mountain. Sweat was pouring off of us. Just getting through that line felt like a major accomplishment, but boy did it feel good getting wet after that! Then that storm came through and it was so muggy it was hard to breath! Not to mention the poor planning I did with FP that had us zigzagging all the over the parks in that heat. But all that said, we still had a blast. Wouldn't stop me from going in August again. :)

Sorry to hear your DS got sick, but glad he was able to get what he needed.

We didn't even get to the monorails on this trip. Sounds like that was a good thing.

DTD...what a mess right now! I hadn't realized they didn't stop at West Side anymore, either. That walk over there was so congested with all the walls up! Can't wait until all that construction is done.

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed reading!

That's just it, my son's starting 7th grade this week and I just can't take him out of school for a trip. We've usually gone at the end of August because there's a break then between camp ending and school starting and the crowds are lower than the rest of the summer. The only other times he's out of school are heavy crowd times at WDW.

Same here, we have to go from June to August because of school :sad2: I have been debating on the 2nd week of June or the 2nd week in August. I still cannot decide :headache:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter