Just back from AKL!!! Free upgrade to Savannah view!!

Ozymandias

Earning My Ears
We have just returned from a great trip May 27-30 to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I booked a standard view room in April because I couldn't pass up the great deal of $129 a night. I have been reading about lucky guests getting upgraded to better views recently and hoped I would be so lucky. I also decided not to fax in a room request as I normally do and let the fates decide where I would end up. We arrived early about 10am on Tuesday and went straight to check-in. We were in luck! The great CM at the front desk checked us in, asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking rooms, typed in all the info and then at the very end said, "Congratulations, you've been given a complimentary upgrade to Savannah view room." I was so happy I though I might burst! We went straight away to our room, 3307 on the Kudu trail. What a great room! Third floor so no elevator rides, mid-way down the corridoor so it was quiet being away from the lobby but at the same time not too far of a walk and what a view! We constantly had 2 giraffes, multiple zebras, wildebeests, etc, etc right outside our room. It was fantastic. We all loved the AKL and it's moved right up there with the Polynesian in our minds. It was also a great move by Disney because now I can't imagine staying there without the Savannah view. I'll definitely pay for it in the future.

The parks were still a little crowded after the Memorial Day holidays but not too bad. Mission Space looks like it could open anyday now and I saw the signs up on Mickey's Philharmagic. We also got the surprise extra fastpass this week at EPCOT. I went to get a FP for Test Track when out popped another pass for Maelstrom. What a great idea.

We all loved our trip and can't wait to get back. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Congratulations on your free upgrade! We had the same experience 3 weeks ago! Interesting thing you had happen with the fast pass! Maybe this is going to happen more often? Welcome back!!

That's great! Glad to hear it happens. We too have been upgrades and never fax in our request--wonder if there's a link there. We too got the extra fast pass. It seems linked to test track. If your wait is long, it sometimes prints out another FP to use in the off time. Ours was for Honey/shrunk the audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter