Just back from BLT. Great trip, minor gripes

kenny

DIS Veteran
We just came back from our 3rd stay at BLT. Had a 1 BR LV with a great view of the castle. Watched Wishes 3 times from the room.

Overall, we had an awesome trip and LOVE BLT. So glad we sold our original contract to buy all BLT.

However that all said I have minor gripes and was wondering others feelings.

First off DW and I find that overall the CM working in the lobby are less then friendly/enthusiastic. Find the same every trip. Every time we are in the lobby at CR they seem super friendly. BLT not so much. We had 1 gentlement that was very pleasant and helpful but overall whenever we walked in the CM working the lobby would look at us and then just look away. No "Welcome Home", No Hello, etc etc. I totally understand this is not that big of a deal but just a little annoying. When we went to SSR to use the pool one night and watch the movie the greeter there was very cheerful. Have found this the case most times at most resort. At BLT the staff everywhere else was great, just not the lobby. Anyone else find this?

The other minor issue I had was parking. Found that the parking lot was routinely being used by people going to TOTWL or MK. While I am all for keeping the TOTWL for DVC members and have no issue having it opened to all members like the recently did, was just a little annoyed when we came home one night and found the lot packed. Had to park in one of the furthest spots. Couldn't understand why at first. We left shortly after and return right after wishes and the lot was empty. Again all for having ALL DVC members use the lounge, just wish they would have a separate area maybe for people using the lounge and not staying there.

Also notice a lot of people walking back from MK to get in their cars and leave. Again, not the end of the world but bothered me a little. I know it is hard to police but would be nice if maybe they had a separate parking section that you needed your key to open so that it was reserved for guests and not just people that don't want to fight the crowds after MK opens.

All in all we had a great trip and I get my gripes are pretty small. Love staying at BLT and can't wait to go back.

Just curious others feelings that have encounted the same, or did we just get an off week.

1st off, thanks for the head's up re being able to visit TOTW if staying at another DVC, must've missed that info:thumbsup2.

We've been fortunate to have traded into BLT many times and still marvel at that incomparable MK view. Will say that the only time we found the lounge to be what i'd call busy is the first year it opened. We've encountered standing room several times but always able to grab a seat at the bar after the FW.

As for the parking situtation, if you are correct in your assertation that the majority of spots were being utilized by non-guests then they should designate the 1st few rows for those with the appropriate dashboard placards. However, I'm not sure that they'd be prepared to enforce it.:confused3

Wouldn't say the majority of spots were non-guest but definitely noticeable. Typically there were always spots available in the 1st few rows. The one night we came home right before Wishes there were no spots in those rows and had to park past the tennis courts back by the street.

Not the end of the world by any means but noticeable when we returned at 11:30 to find plenty of parking in the 1st few rows.

By no means enough to sour our great BLT stay.

I don't know which CM's that you are talking about in the BLT lobby. There is a ASA trying to send buyers to the sales center and at 5:00 there is a CM sending people up to the TOTWL.

Parking is not suppose to be available for DVC point stayers from other resorts using the TOTWL, the press release states that Disney transportation has to be used. The expanded access is scheduled to end on 8/25.

:earsboy: Bill

disneynutz said:
I don't know which CM's that you are talking about in the BLT lobby. There is a ASA trying to send buyers to the sales center and at 5:00 there is a CM sending people up to the TOTWL.

Parking is not suppose to be available for DVC point stayers from other resorts using the TOTWL, the press release states that Disney transportation has to be used. The expanded access is scheduled to end on 8/25.

I was thinking that there wasn't any CMs in the BLT lobby that I ever heard of either, but didn't comment since I thought maybe I was mistaken.

Oh my gosh, there is a CM in the lobby at BLT who is neither friendly nor helpful. We had a very bad experience with him.

I've never understood how people gain access to BLT parking if they're not guests. You have to pass through the 'guard post' to get into the parking lot. What story can so many people tell them to make them raise the gate? If you don't have a placard on your dashboard, or a room key, they should politely turn you around. :confused3

I've never understood how people gain access to BLT parking if they're not guests. You have to pass through the 'guard post' to get into the parking lot. What story can so many people tell them to make them raise the gate? If you don't have a placard on your dashboard, or a room key, they should politely turn you around. :confused3

Disney security is really inconsistent. I have had some CM's that think that they are guarding Fort Knox, others don't seem to care. Some want a photo ID each time you drive in and in December I was lectured that the photo ID is to be shown only when first checking in, other times show your room key. :confused3

There were in fact CM's in the lobby besides at the sales agent desk or at 5pm for TOTWL.

The desk when you walk in to the right had 1 -2 people there are all times, not just at 5pm for TOWL. Actually we had family visiting and they purchased their park tickets from the "concierge" at that desk.

Oh my gosh, there is a CM in the lobby at BLT who is neither friendly nor helpful. We had a very bad experience with him.
As for them being friendly or not it was an observation I was making based on repeated stays at BLT compare to other DVC resorts. As I mentioned in my post it is not a big deal just something I noticed compared to other DVC resorts.

With regards to guards letting people in at the entrance technically all you have to say is you are visiting the resort. Guest are allowed to walk around CR if they choose. Happens at other resorts like Poly and BW as well.

There were in fact CM's in the lobby besides at the sales agent desk or at 5pm for TOTWL.

The desk when you walk in to the right had 1 -2 people there are all times, not just at 5pm for TOWL. Actually we had family visiting and they purchased their park tickets from the "concierge" at that desk.

As for them being friendly or not it was an observation I was making based on repeated stays at BLT compare to other DVC resorts. As I mentioned in my post it is not a big deal just something I noticed compared to other DVC resorts.

With regards to guards letting people in at the entrance technically all you have to say is you are visiting the resort. Guest are allowed to walk around CR if they choose. Happens at other resorts like Poly and BW as well.

This must be a new change. I can't imagine that they stay busy enough to justify 2 people working there when the Contemporary is next door. They tried a similar thing at the BCV a few years ago and that test failed.

Is this the beginning of Disney renting out the TOTWL?

Guess our dues will be going up again. :scared1:

This must be a new change. I can't imagine that they stay busy enough to justify 2 people working there when the Contemporary is next door. They tried a similar thing at the BCV a few years ago and that test failed.

Is this the beginning of Disney renting out the TOTWL?

Guess our dues will be going up again. :scared1:

Most of the time they were just standing around. ;) I thought it was just someone manning the TOTWL desk until my father was able to buy his park passes there.

There are CMs in the BLT lobby, and they seem to have the job of answering questions. I spent about an hour in the lobby yesterday morning as I waited for my room. These CMs were very busy answering questions. Around noon, I asked of there were lockers by the pool, he thought there were, and there were.:goodvibes. He also told me that I could use Bell Services.

The lockers aren't particularly large, but held my DVC tote while I took the boat to WL.

Across from the info CMs, there are people with DVC information.

I don't have a car, but when I did in January, parking was only a problem for me once. I did notice people leaving the lot after Wishes. Those guards aren't as good as they could be I guess.

I also thought that the CMs inthe Contemporary lobby were very nice! I had heard they were otherwise, but I was checked in by a lovely person.
Bobbi:goodvibes

Chef Mickey's, The Wave, Cali Grill...all people who have reservations there are normally allowed to park in CR parking.

I'd bet many people time their reservation so that they can linger at the CR for a bit and then watch fireworks before heading back to their home/hotel.

Chef Mickey's, The Wave, Cali Grill...all people who have reservations there are normally allowed to park in CR parking.

I'd bet many people time their reservation so that they can linger at the CR for a bit and then watch fireworks before heading back to their home/hotel.

Another possible RFID application. You wave your ID and the system verifies your ADR and gives you a 3 hour parking pass.

We have been staying at BLT and security was checking parked cars and they were writing down info. Don't know what they did with it, maybe it was a survey.

Another possible RFID application. You wave your ID and the system verifies your ADR and gives you a 3 hour parking pass.

We have been staying at BLT and security was checking parked cars and they were writing down info. Don't know what they did with it, maybe it was a survey.

years ago recall sitting on balcony of CR watching cars being towed.

good idea re the 3 hour pass application but if you valet there are no restrictions.

Annual pass holders can park anywhere, no? And we parked there twice when we had ADRs at the Contemp. Am I understanding this correctly, can any DVC point stay guest use the TOTWL? Is this permanent...will be at BCV in Jan and wouldn't mind going over to TOTWL? Also, can't any on site resort guest park at any resort on property? We've gone all over...to eat or to just check out the other resorts and never had trouble parking anywhere.

Annual pass holders can park anywhere, no? And we parked there twice when we had ADRs at the Contemp. Am I understanding this correctly, can any DVC point stay guest use the TOTWL? Is this permanent...will be at BCV in Jan and wouldn't mind going over to TOTWL? Also, can't any on site resort guest park at any resort on property? We've gone all over...to eat or to just check out the other resorts and never had trouble parking anywhere.

AP's have nothing to do with parking at the resorts.

TOTWL access is open to guests staying on DVC points until (in think) 8/25/12.

years ago recall sitting on balcony of CR watching cars being towed.

good idea re the 3 hour pass application but if you valet there are no restrictions.

I don't think that's a bad thing. For one, they are paying for the valet service. Also, if the lot is getting full, the valets can relocate cars.

I don't think that's a bad thing. For one, they are paying for the valet service. Also, if the lot is getting full, the valets can relocate cars.

i'm not going to re-open the 'why can't I valet park @ CR and do what i want' can of worms:scared:

also aware that they do relocate cars. Have wondered if they've explored offering a premium MK parking feature @ CR for a matching premium price.

You can park at a resort if you have dining reservations, but the only parking benefit that your AP gets you is to park in the parking lots of the theme parks with no charge. Your AP does not get you parking at the hotels, never has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter