Just back from BLT....

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
A few thoughts after our 8 night standard view stay in 1 bedroom....

- got room 7512 which is 5th floor over looking tennis courts (and receiving area), lake with view of MK for fireworks - this was great room for standard pts

- liked being on 5th floor which made walk to Contemporary via sky bridge very convenient

- 1 bedroom with 5 people was very nice - great layout, nice amount of room and having 2 bathrooms was huge plus

- pool was nice but was crowded and noisy with little room to spread out - we often would go to contemporary pool

- theming - I and my two sons said "what theming?"while my wife and daughter loved the "modern" theming. Boys still like Kidani the best but girls prefer BLT

- let's face it, location is tough to beat with ability to walk to MK and monorail to other MK resorts and Epcot

- loved the beautiful smell in lobby - apparently it is aloe and clover that is piped in through vents.

Overall a great room at a great location but lacking some character / theming relative to other dvc resorts (IMO). Very glad we stayed there but next stop is either BCV or BWV

Thanks for the review. The theming is what has kept me from staying at either BLT or the CR.

Thanks for the review!
We will be there for the 1st time in Aug. We just wanted to try something new, but I'm not crazy over the modern design. I'm a bit worried that in Aug the pool will be even more crowded! We'll see...

Does the master bath at BLT still have the wall sconces that cast shadows on your face? We stayed in a 1 BR there when it was fairly new and DH had trouble shaving and I could hardly see to put on makeup!

ever heard of Mickey Mouse - he is all over the place at BLT not to mention the Cr also.

think I need to find my camera and this trip go around and take pictures of all the Mickey's at BLT....

ever heard of Mickey Mouse - he is all over the place at BLT not to mention the Cr also.

think I need to find my camera and this trip go around and take pictures of all the Mickey's at BLT....

For me, I prefer more theming than just some subtle mickey images in modern art pictures etc..

For me, I prefer more theming than just some subtle mickey images in modern art pictures etc..

I agree, theming for me isn't about the mouse. It's about the whole feel of the resort making you feel like you are somewhere else, like the Poly, WL, or AKV does.

Don't get me wrong, I do think we will enjoy BLT, but the theming, IMHO isn't what it is at the resorts I mentioned.

I stayed there for the first time in March. My reaction on the theme was "early George Jetson". I really don't care that much about the theme. The location, the amenities and the view are most important to me. I thought all were great except for the size of the studio. It was a solo trip for me so it was fine but I can't imagine more than 2 adults in the room.

We've stayed at BLT four or five times since it opened ( last visit March 2013). While you can't beat the location of this resort, whoever designed the furnishings needs to be fired. During our first visit, our opinion on the furnishings was "typical IKEA". Not that IKEA is bad, but it is not durable enough for a resort. The room condition in March was run down (furnishings were extremely worn down).

It'd be a great resort, once they replace the furniture.

You know I thought I was really going to be bothered by the lack of "theming" at BLT when we bought there (without even seeing it!). We stayed there in October and now we're here this week at Kidani. I can tell you hands down, we would choose Bay Lake any day just because of the convenience of the location! I feel like DVC knew that a lot of people would feel that way when they built it. (Though I do love the amazing master bathroom at Kidani and the awesome pool)

You know I thought I was really going to be bothered by the lack of "theming" at BLT when we bought there (without even seeing it!). We stayed there in October and now we're here this week at Kidani. I can tell you hands down, we would choose Bay Lake any day just because of the convenience of the location! I feel like DVC knew that a lot of people would feel that way when they built it. (Though I do love the amazing master bathroom at Kidani and the awesome pool)

Okay, I know this is off topic, :offtopic: but i love that saying with the elephant pictures. That is so sweet! ;)

okay look at the big picture.

where is the CR - in regardless to MK - near tomorrowland - so are you beginning to see the problem.

when BLT was build it had to fit between Tomorrowland and Cr - so what would you put there - keep in mind it must be designed to fit in that area.

nothing ultra modern because tomorrowland is there not to mention Cr.

don't kept saying that Cr/blt has no theme - then tommorrowland has no theme...

where is the CR - in regardless to MK - near tomorrowland - so are you beginning to see the problem.

when BLT was build it had to fit between Tomorrowland and Cr - so what would you put there - keep in mind it must be designed to fit in that area.

I think what I (and others) are saying is that there is "less" theming and that we don't like it quite as much as other more heavily themed dvc resorts. Still a great resort but ....

The DVC News did an article on the artwork at BLT. It has a lot photos of all the artwork which are not all about Mickey. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/other-resources/feature-articles/1521-bay-lake-tower-artwork

Some people just do not like anything modern. Personally I don't care for a room that looks like my grandmother's bedroom.

DenLo said:
Some people just do not like anything modern. Personally I don't care for a room that looks like my grandmother's bedroom.

I totally agree. We own at BLT & AKV And they're really the only resorts I really like the decor at. But that's not to say I can't enjoy staying at any of the other properties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter