Just Back from BWV Room #2135 long

Boston5602

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

We just got back from 7 days / 6 nights at BWV 1 bedroom #2135 last room on the left , standard view room .

Here's a view from our STD VIEW balcony
FamilyandWDW1-20-07072.jpg

It was a very nice room. It was also the very LAST ROOM at the END of the HALLWAY !

We arrived about 2:30 pm On Saturday and the room was ready. We paid cash for the first night and points for the Sunday to Friday portion. People had posted here that if booked through MS for both and they were linked we wouldn't have to check out/in . We were told we would have to and I inquired about the DDP credits. We had a signature restaurant booked for the 1st night and if we checked out/in we wouldn't be able to eat there. I had asked MS about this specifically and was told it was one reservation. After a few minutes Steve was able to bring it up properly . We did not end up having to check out/in. We also did not have a a members discount for the cash night , I was told a std view room never gets a discount. Fine with us if we don't have to move.

We used the DDP and the DDE. We had 1 dinner and 2 breakfast OOP and we end up leaving 2 counter service credits :sad2: Since this was an adult only trip , we found we got our value worth with the DDP.
We had already used the DDE in August for 2 weeks and paid for itself plus some then . We KNOW we got more than our moneys worth this past week.

I haven't added it all up yet but I have the receipts for our meals and I'll figure it out later and edit this out.

Leaping Horse Libations , the pool bar , had just put in two new 37 (? ) inch flat screen HD tv sets at the bar. Though they are not hooked up to an HD source the picture still looked really good. Less glare from the sun , so it was easy to watch the game and have a drink by the pool.

There was really only one glitch ( if it was even that ) and a few things about the room that needed attention.
The glitch being , we got full housekeeping on Sunday . OK , because we paid full cash for Sat night. We thought then we would get Trash and towel service on Wednesday , but we got it on Tuesday. No biggy at all , juts had the mindset on when someone besides our family would be in the room and for towel usage.

we called engineering about 3 things.
1-the iron in our room never got hot. ( housekeeping issue)
2-the laundry door wouldn't close properly.
3-the remote for the dvd/vcr combo didn't work , even after changing out the batteries.

I also used The Owners Box , co. for the first time this trip.The box was bigger than I thought it would be, and waiting for us when we arrived. I'm going to post a full report on the Operations Board , new service ( owners box ) thread !

Over all the Boardwalk was terrific as usual. When we got into the room I went around and opened all the doors and drawers to see if anything wasn't cleaned or was left behind .Everything was clean and empty. We had a smoking room ( which we requested ) and did not notice any hint of smoke odor at all . We had tried to have drinks in The Belle Vue Lounge several nights and a couple of them were PACKED with conventioners<sp> .

We had watched the Patriots / Colts game over at The Official All Star Cafe at Wide World of Sports. ESPN was JAMMED and we had a wait for a table at ASC. It was a great game , to bad the ref's made a bad call.

This trip was a little different for the family. I was bringing my Mom , Aunt ( who had never been to WDW ) and my Grandmother. The week before we left my grandmother went into the hospital. She had told us to go to Florida without her . She passed away the next day . The entire family discussed if we should go or not and obviously we did . We spent the week enjoying ourselves and drinking to grandma and asking what would granny think of .........the boat ride to Epcot, the food , the Romeo and Edna show in Italy , the beer in Morocco ..... and a million other things. It was very nice to be able to go back to the Villa part way through the day when we had just had enough.

I think having the " Home away from Home " really made the difference for our family this past week , being able to take in the fact my grandmother is gone.

I knew owning DVC would be there with lots of good times , but never imagined it would help us through the bad times too.

We did not run into any * grumpy * cast members , and some were just down right helpful.

and if anyone was in room 2121 right at the turn in the hallway with the " EXIT " sign above it , my mother kept thinking your room door was the way out :rotfl2: I had to remind her it was the door across the hall :rotfl: :rotfl:

P.S. we went to Welcome Home Wednesday , boy was it crowded, and at the end got a baseball cap with the DVC 15 year anniversary emblem on it.

glad you had a nice trip. DD and I made a trip to disney several years ago shortly after my Dad passed away. We ended up doing the same as you and found ourselves saying, grandpa would have loved this or enjoyed that. Several months later we took grandma on a trip and she did the same. It almost felt like Ddad was there with us. The studios would have been his favorite park. Susan

Hi everyone

We just got back from 7 days / 6 nights at BWV 1 bedroom #2135 last room on the left , standard view room .

Here's a view from our STD VIEW balcony
FamilyandWDW1-20-07072.jpg

It was a very nice room. It was also the very LAST ROOM at the END of the HALLWAY !

Over all the Boardwalk was terrific as usual. When we got into the room I went around and opened all the doors and drawers to see if anything wasn't cleaned or was left behind .Everything was clean and empty. We had a smoking room ( which we requested ) and did not notice any hint of smoke odor at all .
How do you tell if you're a DISer? When the first thing you do is check the cleanliness of your room. LOL-I confess, I do that too.
What a beautiful view! It looks so peaceful! Thanks for the report.

Lovely view.

I thought we couldn't get standard view rooms for cash, yet you did on Saturday.
Bobbi:)

Thanks for posting about your great trip! I tried searching other boards for the new "owner's box" but couldn't find anything. Can you enlighten us???

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Thanks for posting about your great trip! I tried searching other boards for the new "owner's box" but couldn't find anything. Can you enlighten us???

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Sure , at the top of each DVC Board there is a STICKY called something like " a new service to store your vacation gear " I've been reading the one on top of DVC Operations , though they are at the top of all the DVC boards , each sticky does not carry each of the others post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter