Just back from magical Poly stay any ?'s

GONETODISNEY

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We just returned from short but wonderful stay at Disney's Polynesian resort I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. This was our all time favorite resort. We have stayed at POR, ASMovies,and AKL. Nothing compares to the POLY.

I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip for this time next year and am considering the Poly. Do you have kids? Where exactly did you stay? What was the condition of the rooms? How was their pool (it's newer, right?) Anything else you have to offer?

LoveThatDarnMouse---Yes, I have 2 sons ages 7 and 4 and they loved the Poly. We stayed in Fiji, loved the location close to everything and our room looked out over the harbour so we loved watching the boats sail out. We were very close to the Lobby building restaurants, monorail, and volcano pool. Our 2nd floor room did not have a balcony, but you could still open glass doors and stand at railing to watch. Our room was spotless and very large. The overall quality for the room was outstanding. Our room number was 2319. Very nice quiet room with no noise coming from the Polynesian loau. The daybed was a nice addition. Having stayed at AKL twice with the bunkbeds, we thought we would miss the bunks but no way, the daybed and size of the room more than made up for the loss of the bunks. The pool was great--especially the slide. The volcano slide was my 7 yr olds son's favorite. Very large slide kept him occupoed, while my four year old loved the zero entry side of the pool. Loved the monorail transportation, we even watched the Spectromagic parade at Mk and hopped on monrail came back to hotel to watch fireworks. Beautiful view and no crowds. Also, be sure to catch the electric water parade. My 4 year old loved watching it from the beach of the POLY. Restaurants at Poly were great especially Ohanna character breakfast. I have posted retaurant revies on the other board. Hope this helps.

Glad to see that you had a nice trip. We will be at the Poly in 16 days!!! This will be our first trip there and are very excited about it. Did you eat at any of the other restaurants there?? We have PS for Ohana(dinner), Kona Cafe(breakfast) and Ohana(Char breakfast). We can't wait to get there. Our 6 yr old son(almost 7) is very excited to swim in the volcano pool:)

Gonetodisney--- Sounds like you had a great trip. I love the Poly. Can't wait until I get there, only a few more days!!

We ate at Ohanna for the character breakfast and loved it. It is now our favorite character meal! The characters spend alot of time with you, and you don't get the "Move Along" attitude from anyone! we especially enjoyed the charcter parade with the kids. They gave the boys maracas to shake while parading around the room with Goofy, Mickey, and Chip and Dale leading the way. The food was great! Served family style all you can eat, we had fresh fruit, pineapple bread, scrambled eggs,sausage links, bacon, Mickey waffles, biscuits, home fries, coffe, orange juice, and chocolate milk. The kids were also offered cereal, but declined. All the food was fesh and hot!

Kona cafe' had a great breakfast-- try the Tonga Toast. It was delicious- french toast with cinnamon and bananna inside. Sweet but good. Mu hubby had breakfast platter and loved it. Kids ate Mickey pancakes and loved the skittle eyes and cherry nose.

Sorry, didn't do dinners at Poly except for Captain Cooks fast food. We thought it was Ok, but small seating area and ok food. We ate fish platter, hamburgers and chicken tenders. The chicken tenders were very good.

I loved this resort, Can you tell?

So glad you enjoyed your vacation. Was it the theming or the convenience that made it special:) Oh and did you get a recently renovated room ???

Oh, I have some questions!

Did you ever try to grab some breakfast at Captain cook's before heading out for EMH? Is this something that can be done fairly quickly?

Did you send a room request or just wait to be surprised? We have a non-smoking request on the reservation (kid with allergies) but can't decide whether or not to fax in a request for "patio or balcony" and "near the pool". Is is wrong to include some "corny" Iowa jokes in my fax?

Lovetherodent, we did eat at Captain Cooks on Saturday morning EE morning for MK- had no problem eating quickly to get to park in time. I personally thought Kona cafe' had better breakfasts and almost as fast.

I did not make any special requests other than a NS room. I read a post on this board before I left that said that no matter where you stay you will find something nice about your room. I don't know if our room had recently been renovated, I can only say that it is by far the nicest and largest room we have had at a Disney resort. I am sure you will be happy with your room, although the rooms closest to the quiet pool seemed a good distance from the rest of the hotel. But they would be nice quiet rooms.

Sure, you can make requests for rooms like close to pool and definately include the corny Iowa jokes-- your request gets more attention that way!

Gonetodisney--- was your room in Fiji considered Garden View or Lagoon View since it overlooked the Harbor? We are staying there in 3 weeks and are thinking of requesting Fiji, but we have a Garden View. Thanks for the information!

Fiji building overlooking the marina and volcano pool is considered garden view. It is convenient to everything!

Its been a while since we were at the Poly (12/01) but I wanted to comment on the wonderful service. We found it easier to have room service for dinner, and were treated like the royal family! They set a beautiful table and the food was incredible. DS 5 had pizza but they served it with such a flair, you would have thought he had ordered lobster! The service was beyond anything I ever expected.

Someone on an earlier thread asked about breakfast at Captain Cooks. We actually rented a little fridge for the room (they never charged us for it, yeah!) and stocked it with milk, yogurt, fruit etc. . . That allowed us to have a quick, healthy breakfast in the room before we headed out for the day. I highly recommend that, as some can eat while others get ready. Worked out great!

We go back in Feb '04 and are counting the days!

Magicmouse2- I think the theming of the Poly made our trip much more relaxing. Also, the volcano pool was a big plus. We also knew we didn't have alot of days at Disney, just a 4 day trip, so we slowed down. We spent more time at Poly, and only did the things in the parks that really interested the kids. The monorail convenience also helped since we were limited on time. We were able to hop on the monorail instead of waiting for buses. What a treat. By the way, riding in the front of the monorail is a must. Always ask if there's room fo royur family. The boys thought it was awesome and it really is a new way of looking at Disney. When you combine all these things into a tropical paradise it's no wonder we had such a great time!

Did they redecorate the rooms? I thought I remember a long while back that they were doing refurbishment.

I'm glad you had a good time at the poly!! We'llbe there in July! Do you remember what time the monorail started to run to Epcot at the TTC? Thanks!!We want to make sue we are there in time for EE!!

Denyse:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter