Just Back- GAD Fast Pass info

Thanks for all the great info...I have a quick question about the GAD fast passes. Are we suppose to redeem the vouchers by certain times or can we redeem them any time of the day?

Thanks for all the great info...I have a quick question about the GAD fast passes. Are we suppose to redeem the vouchers by certain times or can we redeem them any time of the day?

Officially, you may not be able to redeem for the GAD Fastpass after 11am, or if they have run out for the day.

There has not been one single report of that ever happening, however, even on the busiest days of the year.

Originally Posted by doconeill
It doesn't take all that long, they just need to scan each ticket to verify that there is a day available on them and assign a FPXC to it. Only the person with the voucher is required to have a multi-day ticket with at least one valid day left. Others can have just 1-day tickets.

I've read this thread as well as your thread and I just want to clarify what this means? The person with the voucher is required to have a multi-day ticket --- meaning park hoppers or multi-day base tickets??? Other can have just 1-day tickets --- meaning base tickets???

Also, we have Donald on our tickets. Does this mean we only get to ride the rides from the Donald list? Or do you get both Donald and Daisy rides??

Sorry if this is confusing to read. We're going at the end of November and we'll have 6 people with us but only 2 of us have GAD's. Just trying to understand what's going on before we get there! TIA!!!

Originally Posted by doconeill
It doesn't take all that long, they just need to scan each ticket to verify that there is a day available on them and assign a FPXC to it. Only the person with the voucher is required to have a multi-day ticket with at least one valid day left. Others can have just 1-day tickets.

I've read this thread as well as your thread and I just want to clarify what this means? The person with the voucher is required to have a multi-day ticket --- meaning park hoppers or multi-day base tickets??? Other can have just 1-day tickets --- meaning base tickets???

It means the person turning in the voucher for the Fastpass option must have a multi-day ticket. Meaning a ticket that originally had more than one park day on it. Park hopping doesn't matter. APs count.

Others in the party just need any ticket.

Also, we have Donald on our tickets. Does this mean we only get to ride the rides from the Donald list? Or do you get both Donald and Daisy rides??

What is pictured on the ticket it not relevant. The rides are divided into the two groups, which just happen to be called "Donald" and "Daisy". You get 3 uses for each group.

Am I right when I assume that if my DH has a GAD FP for a ride that we could still get a rider swap pass? Our DS can't ride many of the Donald rides. Thanks!

Am I right when I assume that if my DH has a GAD FP for a ride that we could still get a rider swap pass? Our DS can't ride many of the Donald rides. Thanks!

Having any sort of FP does not preclude using Rider Switch. Note that there are some CMs out there that may require everyone who is riding to have a FP, and they will trade for the RS pass (not very useful if there are only two riders), but there are less of them than will only require the first group to have FP. If you do encounter one of these CMs, with the GAD FPs its easy to just get another one as long as you still have a Donald credit.

Also note that three Donald attractions also feature Single Rider lines - RNRC, Test Track and EE. If it is just one of you riding at a time, then you can save your credits and use that instead. Especially at Test Track it can be faster that using the Fastpass line.

Just another quick GAD ?

Can your party use 2 GAD vouchers for the same party for the same park on the sameday.

IE Me a party of 5 use 1 GAD Voucher to get all 5 of us a FPXC then another in our party use 1 GAD Coucher to get another 5 FPXC for our party for a total of 10 FPXC for that park for our party of 5 for the day. This will be a TSM Mania Day!!!!
TIA

Yes, you can...but it requires a supervisor override to allow a second FP Exchange Card association to the same ticket in the same day. Some CMs interpret that to mean it isn't allowed and will tell you so though.

Between one FPXC and regular FPs though, you probably should be all TSM'd out!

Yes, you can...but it requires a supervisor override to allow a second FP Exchange Card association to the same ticket in the same day. Some CMs interpret that to mean it isn't allowed and will tell you so though.

Between one FPXC and regular FPs though, you probably should be all TSM'd out!
OK so it will depend on the CM and if they fully understand the program.

You would think so but since the only day that TSM will be open is our last day I had hoped for a good 7-8 Rides a person Since We all love TSM so much and may be the last time we get to visit TSM for a few years. Worked perfect one each day at DHS untill the the REFERB was planned and then it was lets do it all in one day.

Also since its our last day i would hate to have a GAD voucher go unused(I know i can get the pin set). May have to re-plan GAD voucher usage? or just risk it?

Totally. Each card is independent of the others. And they aren't tied to anyone either really. One card can get 3 FPs at TSM, and another three at RNRC. You can use the FPs however you wish.

We used our GAD FP's last week. We had 3 vouchers, so used them on 3 days. Since everyone in our party does not like the same attractions, we did tend to split them up, as above.

I do have a suggestion that relates this. If I were doing it again, I would carry a sharpie with me to keep track of the FP cards. It might not be hard to keep track of which cards were which if your whole party uses them for the same rides. But we tended to get them confused w/ each other, because they look identical, and we didn't always keep them seperate. If nothing else, I would write the initials of each member on their card if they will be used at different attractions. Then you know which card belongs to the person who has already used an extra Donald on RRC, for instance. We had only a ballpoint pen with us, and that wouldn't work on the cards.

The GAD FP cards worked great, though. At MK, Splash was on the list.

It was very cool to be able to get FP's at TSM after they reg. FP were gone (yes we had other guests asking why we could still get FP and they couldn't).

At Space MTN., all the FP machines were closed, and when my DD asked, they just gave her a handwritten pass, that didn't really use up one of her Donald credits.

Epcot was the only park where there was a wait to redeem the vouchers. Each park I redeemed them mid-morning, not before rope drop. I think you are supposed to have your whole party there for the voucher redemption. But you definitely need everyone's tickets. At MK, I asked if I needed the whole party or just their tickets, and I was told just their tickets. So they didn't have to wait with me.

Went to AK Tuesday am did not waste a voucher. Went to epcot at 6pm used a gad voucher stayed till midnight. At tt and ect... The cm's had to get the fp for me during emh no problem.

We are going in 3 weeks with 2 vouchers. On our MK day, we plan to redeem the GAD at TTC, but NOT go into the park until later in the day since it is a Late-Hours night at MK.
Instead, we are going to AK for a few hours, then back to our resort to do laundry, rest and pack for a resort change the next morning. We may not get to MK until AFTER dinner - say around 7pm.

Do you know if this will affect anything? If necessary, we can enter MK for a bit - maybe gather a regular FP or 2 for later.

For our second voucher we are meeting another couple at DS around 10am. The only rides we wish to ride multiple times are TSM & ToT as with RnR once is enough for us! With Star Tours now closed, do you think they might allow an extra Donald credit???

We are going in 3 weeks with 2 vouchers. On our MK day, we plan to redeem the GAD at TTC, but NOT go into the park until later in the day since it is a Late-Hours night at MK.
Instead, we are going to AK for a few hours, then back to our resort to do laundry, rest and pack for a resort change the next morning. We may not get to MK until AFTER dinner - say around 7pm.

Do you know if this will affect anything? If necessary, we can enter MK for a bit - maybe gather a regular FP or 2 for later.

No, you shouldn't have a problem as long as they'll do the GAD FP at the TTC - I'm not sure anyone has actually done it there. If not, you'll have to hop to the MK will call window.

For our second voucher we are meeting another couple at DS around 10am. The only rides we wish to ride multiple times are TSM & ToT as with RnR once is enough for us! With Star Tours now closed, do you think they might allow an extra Donald credit???

Star Tours wasn't a Donald credit to begin with, and we are not expecting any changes to happen with Star Tours closed. There isn't anything but Indy that they could substitute it with, Indy seldom needs it, and its only for a couple months.

We were chosen as honorary gad family and road in the 3pm parade on Friday. I will post a picture later. It was amazing.

That is rather startling considering it was the 'major' promotion for WDW this year - and here we are nearly 9 months into the year. :confused3

If you deal with some of the CMs with any regularity, you would not be startled. :(

But even worse, the Fastpass portion of the promotion, which is the one most in-park CMs should know about, is the same as the Birthday Fastpass, so it's actually been around for nearly two years.

I imagine since most of us are compulsive planners (okay, I speak for myself and MANY of my online friends :cool2:) we expect no less of the THOUSANDS of employees at WDW. Understanding they are the largest single-sight employer in the country, the pool of potential employees could definately be shrinking.

On various visits both DH and I have been the objects of 'recruiting' efforts by WDW. We have discussed and dreamed of retiring, moving to Orlando and working for WDW. How great to visit the mouse everyday. Then reality kicked in and we stopped and asked ourselves:

COULD WE ---
A) handle living year-round in the heat/humitidy of Florida; :headache:
B) afford the housing and INSURANCE of that state; :eek:
C) actually get the specific job we would want; pirate:
D) afford to live on the salary those jobs would pay;:rotfl:
E) survive without seeing our 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and one soon-to-be great-grandchild who all live within 30 minutes of us here in Kansas? :grouphug:

So, no, WDW will have to be content to continue TAKING our money every year or two instead of give us a paycheck. Better to play there than to work there, right? :thumbsup2

was planning on using the GAD certificate for fast passes at MK and AK where should I go to pick them up?

was planning on using the GAD certificate for fast passes at MK and AK where should I go to pick them up?

The Will Call window. At AK it is one of the ticket booths, but marked "Will Call". At the MK itself, it is usually also the Guest Relations windows to the right of the turnstiles, but sometimes is in the nearby building. Look for the standing sign in that area pointing which way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter