Just back, my reviews...

JodiR

DIS Veteran
I just got back a few hours ago. Had a great time.

Cinderellas Royal Table....for lunch; I had the Mariner...it was so good! Excellent meal.

Donalds Breakfastosuarus.....Great food; loved the chocolate chip pancakes. As I have heard before, the characters are rushed. 2 are given 30 minutes on one side then the other 2 come over. Each spent a total of 15 seconds at the table. Will not do this again.

Rainforest Cafe (Downtown Disney)....very busy. Great meal. The server we had was not so great. I filled in the amount I wanted charged to the room; I left the tip line blank since I was leaving cash. He looked at the bill and asked if I was leaving him cash or did I want to charge the tip to the room. I said the cash is for you....he said I know that and grabbed it so fast. I wish I could have taken that $$ back...how rude he was.

Crystal Palace(breakfast)....great character breakfast. The puffed cinnamon toast was excellent.

Beaches N Cream---great meal. We were there right at 11:00 and there was only 2 other tables of people for the hour we were there. The No Way Jose was huge! and good.

Sci-Fi...I have heard mixed reviews on this place, but I thought the food was excellent. I had the cheeseburger, fries and milkshake. The atmosphere was so nice!

Boma (breakfast)....great buffet. The Meat breakfast pizza was delicious.

Boma (dinner)...did not like anything except for the chicken strips and potato salad. I will not do dinner there again...I thought I was going to be sick after eating there. Just not for me.

That's it...overall a very nice trip!

Jodi

I forgot the best one of all...1900 Park Fare character dinner with Cinderella. This buffet was just delicious. The desserts were excellent! My dh is usually pretty picky and he loved this place!

Jodi

Could you be a little more specific about Boma? We are trying to decide between Boma and 'Ohana. I'm curious about your experience. Was the food quality bad, or just not your cup of tea? Thanks.

The food at Boma looked good, but I just did not enjoy it. I tried many things but ended up eating the "kids" chicken strips and fries. The potatoes there are good...the ginger-carrot soup was not. I did not like the zebra domes, I ended up having a chocolate chip cookie. It is worth trying once but not again for me. You may like everything. The quality of the food looked fine, just didn't taste good. (Just my opinion)

Jodi

Just wanted to comment on Boma's. I LOVED it! The food definitely has a different flavor that you will not get anywhere else. But I thought it was delicious. I can see how some people wouldn't like it though..but it's definitely not the food quality, just a different taste.

I have been dreaming about Boma's since we had it last February. We are returning to WDW in January and will be making a stop to AKL so I can get my fix!

Oh, I didn't care for the zebra domes either...I had heard so much about how wonderful they were on this board...but everyone failed to mention the coffee flavor they have! YUCK! I hate coffee, so it wasn't for me...but they had plenty of other desserts that were great..including the chocolate chip cookie!

Stacy

Thanks for the reviews! I'm sorry to hear you didin't like Boma. People either love or they don't. There is no in between!

We have planned to eat at the same places! I think I will love Boma as I like spicy food:D Thanks for the Cinammon toast tip at Crystal Palace - I will have to try it for Breakfast. Glad Park Faire was nice and that you enjoyed it!

Hi Jodi. Thanks for the reviews.

Can you tell me what time/day of the week you were at Donalds Breakfastosaurus? I've heard mixed reviews and wondered if it has to do with the time of your ps or day of week you go.

Thanks!

Colette

Our PS for Donald's was 7:50 on Sunday morning. Here things are done a little different. Everyone lines up at the turnstiles in no particular order. Then 2 people come by and you tell them your PS time and name. Everyone then walks through, but you are now in a smaller group and are lead to Donald's by the waitress. There are several small groups. Each group is seperated by about 10 minutes (so there isn't a mad rush once inside the restaurant). I was in the first group but didn't actually sit down to eat until shortly after 8:00.

Jodi

Thanks Jodi. My DD wants to see Donald & Daisy - but not sure if this is the place to see them if they're terribly rushed! We're going in January and trying to decide where to see these 2 characters.

Colette

Thanks for the reviews! My family has the same opinion about Sci-Fi, but I am afraid to try anything other than cheeseburgers! We do love the atmosphere! On the other hand, Boma was my favorite, but I agree with you about the zebra domes (and I like coffee!) They were too sweet for me, but luckily I filled up on everything else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter