Just back - need detox diet help!

tink38

<font color=purple>I have gas. again.<br><font col
Hello, everyone. I'm just back from 7 days in the World. After all the heat and commando in the parks, I feel like my kidneys are going to fall out. It seems like I can never get enough water in my diet when I'm at WDW, and I don't think the burgers, etc. help the situation. I bought some uristat today and it helps with the pain, but if I don't get this under control I could get into real trouble. I've had kindey problems since I was 2 years old and get frequent UTI's. I plan on calling a doctor tomorrow to see if I can get some Keflex. Besides that, does anyone know of any foods (other than asparagus) that will clear toxins from the body fairly quickly? I cannot tolerate cranberry juice. It gives me heartburn so bad that even two Tagamet HB will not help it.

How about blueberries?

Blueberries contain lots of antioxidants.

Here's something I read: "Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract."

tink38 said:
Hello, everyone. I'm just back from 7 days in the World. After all the heat and commando in the parks, I feel like my kidneys are going to fall out. It seems like I can never get enough water in my diet when I'm at WDW, and I don't think the burgers, etc. help the situation. I bought some uristat today and it helps with the pain, but if I don't get this under control I could get into real trouble. I've had kindey problems since I was 2 years old and get frequent UTI's. I plan on calling a doctor tomorrow to see if I can get some Keflex. Besides that, does anyone know of any foods (other than asparagus) that will clear toxins from the body fairly quickly? I cannot tolerate cranberry juice. It gives me heartburn so bad that even two Tagamet HB will not help it.
Fresh parsley or juice with it. Also cayenne pepper sprinled in foods; but I take mine in a gel cap. Do this with food!

Grandma Bear said:
Fresh parsley or juice with it. Also cayenne pepper sprinled in foods; but I take mine in a gel cap. Do this with food!

LOL. I'm in New Orleans. I eat EVERYTHING with cayenne on it!!!

tink38 said:
LOL. I'm in New Orleans. I eat EVERYTHING with cayenne on it!!!

That's great! Since using the Cayenne Pepper I get a lot less colds and congestion! Since you cannot do the cranberry, try eating or drinking juice from blueberrys or raspberry.

I've had a lot of success detoxing with the "Fat Flush Plan"- which does involve drinking cranberry but it's super diluted, so maybe you'd be ok. Basically, you make a pitcher with 8 oz. PURE cranberry juice and add 56 ounces of water. Drink 8 glasses during the day. The book also recommends hot lemon water every morning. If you want to learn more, there is a website, I'm just not sure what it is - I just google!

Pomegranate juice would also work well. You can get it in combination with blueberry, as well. I think most all markets sell the POM brand now.

Good luck!

:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter