• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back -- quick summary and any ?s

HockeyKris

Earning My Ears
We (meaning myself and my boyfriend, both in our early 20s) just got back, were in WDW from 9/17 - 9/26. The weather cooperated quite nicely -- not too hot (but still REALLY humid) and no rain until the last few days. The first week we were there, the parks were empty. We walked on every single ride, were able to ride several rides multiple times in a row because of no lines, and PS were definitely not need except at character breakfasts. I was amazed at how empty the parks were. The second week crowds definitely picked up, we had to wait up to 15 minutes for some rides. Not too bad though. We had the Ultimate Park Hopper so we hit every park and Downtown Disney. A quick summary:

Hotel - All-Star Sports, Homerun Hotel building 8. Our room was great, near the small pool but facing away from it. It was very quiet but not a long walk from the buses either. I loved staying here, not only is it cheap but the theming is awesome.

Magic Kingdom -- Fantasyland was crowded (as always) but the longest wait was 15-20 minutes for Pooh and Peter Pan. We got to go to a test showing of PhiharMagic, which was great! We saw both parades and the fireworks. We were the first ones to ride Splash Mountain. Got to ride every ride in the park at least once.

Epcot - Spent two days here, both were pretty much empty. We rode Test Track multiple times in a row without getting out and tried out Mission: Space. We both liked it a lot, but agreed that we couldn't ride it many times in a row without getting sick. We got to see everything that we wanted to and were able to spend a lot of time in Innoventions playing with all the cool stuff.

MGM - It was really easy to finish everything in a day. Lines were non-existant. Fantasmic was great.

Animal Kingdom - Again, easy to do in one day. We were done with everything by 3:00 (and we took our time with the jungle trails).

Food - Bongos, Restaurant Marakesh, Biergarten, Cantina de San Angel, Mama Melrose, Boma, Rainforest Cafe, Chef Mickeys, FoodQuest, Electric Umbrella, Columbia Harbor House, Hoop Dee Do Review

Extras - Did the Epcot Aqua Seas tour -- AWESOME!! Also went to Cirque du Soliel and loved that! We shopped at most of the stores in Downtown Disney and went into the Comedy Club, Adventurer's Club and 8Trax on PI.

If anyone has any questions, I will most definitely be happy to answer them. We had a great time, and since I got a lot of my information from these boards, I want to pass anything on that I can!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter