Just back REALLY BAD transportation experience!!!!

eeyorefanatic

Devoted 2 Eeyore
I stayed at 1300 as I was in an ecv for most of my trip. This is the orange loop and the bus situation for this loop only was REALLY BAD!!!!

It was fine first thing in the morning to get to the parks but off peak times waits were 20-45 minutes. We complained over and over again and they said there was nothing they could do. It was almost comical by the end when other people would explain to their children "Those people are upset honey they must be waiting on an orange bus."

We are not talking having one or 3 other buses pass us by but 3 EACH of the purple and yellow loops. Between the hassel of being in an ecv I just started driving directly to the outpost or settlement on my ecv.

I hate hearing that you had so much trouble! Hopefully you still had fun!!

Anyone have a clue which color bus stops at 1600-1900?

12 days to go

Wonder why they revamped their old bus system? I thought knowing Chip and Dale were the internal buses and Crockett and Boone went to the TTC or parks directly was so much easier!!

Actually the colors systems worked great. If you had to go from Settlement to Outpost you could take any of the color buses to the other end. Also I loved not having to go to TTC. Especially with an ecv the less times I needed to transfer buses the better.

I think once they get the kinks out this will run much smoother, its just hard to be patient sometimes.

We just got back yesterday from our 1st and last stay at the widerness cabins. I agree the bus system was awful! One night we waited 30 mins. in the pouring rain (with our 13 month old) for our bus back to the cabin. There were so many people waiting, and the bus driver got out and told some of the line to get the bus behind us, that he would take us to our cabins. I woman behind us question him, but again he said the bus behind us was also going to the cabins. So we got on. Now I know we should have asked that driver where he was going, because it wasn't to the cabins- it was to the WLR and then the ticket and transportation center:( . The woman who had questioned the first driver was FURIOUS she yelled at our driver (who wasn't sympathetic at all) the whole ride. He just lectured us about how the bus system worked- which we understood- we just assumed that they must be making extra stops since they were so behind. My husband, daughter and I were sitting in the seats right behind the driver so we could hear him on his radio saying that the other driver was brand new and running an hour and a half behind schedule. I understand that these things happen- it was raining, they were busy, the driver was new, but they didn't even apologize for the mix up- they still blamed us. During my week long stay at the FWR almost every stop the busses made someone asked a questions before getting off or on the bus. It was very confusing. some of the drivers were great and happy to answer questions, but a few of them seemed annoyed with all the questions. I have been going to WDW every year since I was about 5, always staying at the resorts inside WDW, and have had nothing but positve experiences- no complaints. This was the first time I was ever dissapointed in my stay. Don't get me wrong I'm still a HUGE Disney fan, and we are now planning our trip for next May- it just won't be at the FWR.

We were in FW the week of 5-31 to 6-1 and we also had problems with the bus system... it took us one hour from the bus stop to mgm... waiting on busses.... I Love Disney but they really need to work on the bus system... NEED MORE ORANGE BUSES....
My husband and I camp alot...I have never been this dissapointed before... I hope Disney does read this post from time to time... We made a decision not to go back for several years... we usually go yearly.... but the transporation thing must be fixed... it is just not Disney Quality......

Hi - I also just returned from Ft. Wilderness. We stayed in the 2600 loop. It was perfect - quiet, easy walk to the pool and bus stop. We could take yellow, purple or orange buses to the settlement and outpost. However, when we went to the Meadows we needed to take the orange...and, I agree, they took a LONG time.

I posted this on another question but it really applies here too. The orange bus is the one that goes out of the campground to WL/TTC, therefore the route is longer. I agree, they need more orange busses to offset the time difference.
We found it easier to go through TTC then to wait everytime.

I would definately stay in the Fort Wilderness Cabins again. It was great to be able to just walk outside, be able to fix some simple meals (nine days of resturant food is too much!), enjoy the deck, and have a bedroom separate from the living and dining areas. We really likegoing to WDW. We decided to buy into the Disney Vacation Club and purchased a timeshare in the Beach Club Villas on our trip. The major objection to doing so was that we liked Fort Wilderness so much...however, my husband really liked the idea of the DVC, and it is no hardship to stay at the Beach Club! Anyway, if you think this appeals to you, then try it for yourself! One thing that does help is to have your own car. We had rented one since the round trip cost to the airport was so much for the 4 of us. It was helpful to drive to the parks sometimes, and we could also go out to the grocery store. Enjoy! Sandie B.

We won't be staying at the cabins again due to the transportation issues. I just felt that even when we didn't have to wait long for the busses, it seemed to take forever to get anywhere. We had our 13 month old, and we needed to take a bus to the kiddie pool. It is a very quiet peaceful place to stay. But we just began to feel a little too isolated from everything. I guess Fort wilderness just wasn't for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter