• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back -- some reviews!

Rhonda

<marquee><font color=red>Quote of the Day: <font
Kimonos at the Swan -- We sat in here Thursday night and watched Karaoke and ate sushi, tempura, and potstickers. They were all very good! The sushi is made fresh, to order. I don't like the little orange eggs, but I was able to order California Rolls without it. The pork dumplings (potstickers) were the best I've ever had! They also had good house wine here!

Boardwalk Bakery -- We like walking down here early morning for pastries and coffee. The breakfast burrito was also very good. The coffee isn't that great though. :(

Biergarten in Germany at Epcot -- Always one of our favorites! I was a little disappointed this time in the saurbraten though. It's usually my favorite, but this time was pretty bland. The red cabbage is always very good though!! The best things on the buffet are the cucumber salad, red cabbage, pork cutlets in gravy, spaetzle, baked chicken, and apple struedel!

Picabu at the Dolphin -- this was formerly called Tubby's Buffeteria. We ate here twice and didn't like it either time. Meatloaf was horrible, and the waffles at breakfast were soggy and chewy. I do not recommend it for meals. Snacks are ok though. This is also where you can buy refillable mugs for your stay at the Swan/Dolphin.

50s Prime Time at MGM -- We had lunch here and it was terrific! I had the meatloaf, which was very good! The PB&J malt was to die for! :) They have great grilled chicken sandwiches, fries, and onion rings too!

Columbia Harbor House at Magic Kingdom -- We went here because DH wanted the Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl--but he was very disappointed to see that they don't offer it anymore. They still serve clam chowder, but it comes in a shallow plastic bowl. So, he got the Chicken Strips & Fish Stick meal with fries that was just ok. I got a salad with chicken, pecans, feta, and pineapple. It was pretty good, but not enough for me to want to go back.

That's it! Any questions? :goodvibes

Thanks for the reviews. I also liked to go to the Bakery and sit on the BW in the morning with my yucky cup of coffee ;) The pastries and breakfast sandwiches/burritos ALMOST made up for the coffee!!! I was also disappointed that the chowder didn't come in the bread bowls.

I'll be at the Dolphin in 15 days. Thanks for the heads up on Picabo's. Since the Dolphin no longer offers club level, we'll be taking your suggested walk to the Bakery.

We were disappointed that they no longer have the bread bowl at CHH! It was on of my favorites! Thanks for the reviews! :thumbsup2

Great reviews! I too miss the chowder in the bread bowl at CHH.
I do want to try the salad there... it sounds good.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter